The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:18 AM
Aristocracy

Well FYI, Princess Michael's racist remarks were immediately and stoutly defended by her fellow racists and knee-jerk sycophants on certain usenet group royalty boards and their chums on certain "British" royal boards so I don't think there is anything unique about Princess Michael's attitude. People just know how to hide their racism better nowadays it just pops out a little more obviously on occasions like this. Pathetic.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Williams@May 28th, 2004 - 10:58 am
I can tell you, if someone is ruining a meal im paying hundreds for...yeah, Im going to say something too.
They showed the interior of the restaurant on the tv news report, and it didn't appear to be anything fancy....

Old 06-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7117...__0_profile_2_1 Here's a link to a review. It's not that fancy, but it's celeb heavy.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

In today's New York Post online:

July 24, 2004 -- PRINCESS Michael of Kent who made headlines when she told a table of high-powered black New Yorkers at Da Silvano's to "go back to the colonies!" has dug an even deeper hole for herself while attempting to explain her outrageous behavior.

...The princess has given a television interview in Britain in which she insisted she is not a racist, and claimed she once painted her face black as a disguise in a bid to experience life as an African woman.

In the interview, airing tomorrow, Princess Pushy, as she is known in the U.K., says, when asked about the Da Silvano's incident: "It's such a wicked thing to say to me because it is against everything I believe in, against everything I have worked for.

"I even pretended years ago to be an African, a half-caste African of course. With my light eyes I didn't get away with it." I dyed my hair black and I traveled on an African bus. "

"To call me a racist is . . . it's a knife in my heart, because I really love these people and have done so much, I think probably more than most people I know, for Africans."

An old Keith Whitley song comes to mind....you say it best, when you say nothing at all.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

If she'd only maintained a dignified silence about this (apart from the initial response, at any rate), it'd have blown over the minute William was seen with a girl somewhere and the press turned its attention to that. The way she's harping on about it is just making things worse. It seems as though she's so determined to be in the limelight that it doesn't really matter how she's doing it or how bad the publicity is.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree Elspeth. But if she couldn't have remained silent, an apology for the misunderstanding would've been proper and as you said, the minute William or Harry were seen with some girls laughing and talking to them, Princess' Michael's little scuffle would've been a thing of the past. But she seems to like being in the spotlight, whether they be for positive or negative reasons.

I see that her husband, Prince Michael has made no comment on this issue. The Queen must have a royal headache! As if the scandals caused by her own children weren't worrisome enough -- she now has to worry about the scandals being caused by her cousins and their spouses and their children!
Old 09-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
There is an article of 3 pages in the September edition of W magazine about
the Princess.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Michael on The View

For those who live in the US, on September 10th, Princess Michael will be on ABC's The View, which airs at 10 am. Check your local listings for the actual channel.

Pigeonhole THIS.com
Old 10-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Nobility

Princess Michael of Kent in SF

I'm here in San Francisco for a visit and I heard Princess Michael of Kent on one of the local stations - KGO. She was promoting her latest book. Too bad I was only able to catch the last 5 minutes of the show or else I would have called in to ask her about that incident in New York where she supposedly said something disparaging to/about a group of black businessmen who were in the same dining area as she was.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Majesty

:)

Britain's Princess Michael of Kent said there "wouldn't be a
problem" if Prince William were to take a "lovely Muslim girl" as his girlfriend.

But she added: "Legally. Legally, there wouldn't be a problem."

The 59-year-old princess made the remark in an interview with
Canada's Toronto Star while discussing the religious restrictions on royal marriage.

The law currently states that a member of the Royal Family should not marry a Catholic.

Prince Michael had to relinquish his right to the throne when he married the princess, because of her Catholicism.

But she explained: "It's no big deal when you're 20-something in line.

"You'd have to think of Kind Hearts and Coronets for the position to be reached," referring to the film about a young aristocrat who kills a dozen relatives to acquire a dukedom.

Explaining the religious restrictions on royalty, she said: "By
statute, no member of the family may marry or 'have to do' with a Catholic - that means business negotiations, I think.

"It doesn't mention any other religion. If Prince William produced a lovely Muslim girl, there wouldn't be a problem."

The princess said her daughter, Lady Gabriella Windsor, 23, has an Indian boyfriend who "is the best-looking man I've ever seen in my life".

Princess Michael was speaking to the Canadian newspaper to publicise her new book, The Moon and the Serpent, the true story of a royal love triangle in 16th-century France.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

WHy not a lovely black girl. Alexandra is Asian, Maria-Theresa is Cuban, why can't he marry a black girl even if she has to be light skinned. What do you guys think Britains would think of that?
Old 01-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

Lady Ella`s fiance Aatish Taseer

Does anyone know more about her daugther`s boyfriend Aatish Taseer`s background, aside from that he is a Time magazine journalist and his parents big in jounalism industry???
Old 02-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Aristocracy

Do people believe Princess Michael's explanation of what happened? ("...back to the colonies...")

Unfortunately the first I heard of it was the article in Tatler ... (and the link for the earlier thread to this doesn't seem to work)

I'm just curious. :)
Old 02-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Majesty

Luke Harding in Berlin
Thursday February 17, 2005
The Guardian

She is famous for putting her royal foot in it. But even by the standards of the Windsor family's most erratic member, Princess Michael of Kent's latest pronouncements are likely to provoke a sharp intake of breath around the Buckingham Palace breakfast table.

During a chat with a German newspaper conducted over toast and hot chocolate in her Kensington apartment, the princess defended Prince Harry over his Nazi fancy dress, appeared to bemoan breeding between the classes and revealed that the Queen's party piece is her mock cockney accent.

"The English take the breeding of their horses and dogs more seriously than they do their children," she told Welt am Sonntag. "God forbid that the wrong drop of blood should get into their labrador. But their children marry everywhere."

The princess insisted she had nothing against princes and princesses marrying commoners - "The world is changing," she noted - but she wondered whether an old-fashioned arranged marriage might not work better.

Asked how Harry could have been allowed to go to a fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi, the Austrian-born princess, whose father had connections with the wartime Nazi party, replied: "I don't know."

She added: "The wretched thing is that no one said anything, although we in the royal family could scarcely complain about not being accompanied. If Harry had worn a hammer and sickle, nobody would have got excited. Even though the hammer and sickle stands for Stalin and gulag and pogrom and devastation. The press has a different sensibility because of its ownership structure."

"I feel sorry for Harry," she added.

The princess's remarks about the ownership of the British press have raised eyebrows in Germany. One newspaper accused her of anti-semitism after the interview appeared over the weekend.

"What did the lady mean? Does Mrs Kent see Jews everywhere?" the liberal Sddeutsche Zeitung wondered.

The princess also confessed that she was a fan of Botox: "I've been using it for five years. Everybody over the age of 25 should take it."

She added that the Queen was a gifted mimic who could do cockney and Norfolk accents. "The Queen is distant towards strangers. But with friends and family she can be very funny," she said.

Princess Michael of Kent appears incensed by the ban on hunting, but unlike other royals, is prepared to say as much.

"I can't understand how this old English tradition can be banned. You have to ask yourself seriously: does this government really want to do things or is it more interested in class struggle?"

This is not the first time the princess, who is married to the Queen's cousin, Prince Michael of Kent, has expressed views that have got her into trouble. Last year she allegedly told a group of black diners in a New York restaurant that they should "go back to the colonies" - a claim she denied.

The Kents, who perform no public duties, have been accused of sponging off the state.

In 2002 the Queen agreed to subsidise her and her husband's previously rent-free apartment in Kensington Palace to the tune of 800,000 for the next seven years.

In the interview the princess defended her use of the flat, which, she said, the Queen had given her and her husband as a wedding present. "That didn't suit some people in parliament. So in five years we will have to move out," she said.

Last night the princess's spokesman, Simon Astaire, denied she was in any way anti-semitic. "I'm Jewish. I've never felt the slightest suggestion of anti-semitism from this woman. She's not a racist."
Old 02-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Nobility

She needs to learn to know when to stop talking.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Courtier

So, I should begin to take botox next April????!!!!!

She really doesn't know what she says. This woman is a nonsense.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Nobility

She's just extremely self-destructive. She seems to be willing to further destroy her standing within the royal family with every passing month.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince and Princess Michael attended the Memorial Service for Sir Angus ogilvy at Westminster Abbey on March 2nd:
Attached Images

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Nobility

Prince and Princess Michael attended the Memorial Service for Sir Angus ogilvy at Westminster Abbey on March 2nd:
Old 03-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

It's an old picture of Princess Michael at a Polo Match in 2000,Gloucestershire:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52108909.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	103409  

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Closed Thread

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent