The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

www.hellomagazine.com

Princess Michael of Kent Among Those at Annabel's Bash

18 SEPTEMBER 2003
It was a glittering celebration for famed Berkeley Square club Annabel's this week, as Dame Edna Everage welcomed guests to a pair of parties marking the establishment's 40th anniversary.

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson set flashbulbs popping in a silver sequinned Julien MacDonald gown which showed off her tanned legs, and Princess Michael of Kent was elegant in an eggshell-coloured shimmering top. Jemima Khan followed the evening's neutra-toned trend as well with a beige crocheted dress and ballet-style shoes.

Proprietor Mark Birley began the private club - named after his now ex-wife Lady Annabel Goldsmith - in 1963, with his society pals joining at about 5 a year. These days, the fee to join at Annabel's, which ranks among the top, and longest-running, clubs worldwide, is 150 times that amount.

But that's not the only thing that has changed at 44 Berkeley Square. Mark's children, son Robin, an entrepreneur, and daughter India-Jane, an artist, are taking over. The new management, along with tweaked club rules and a refurbished interior, hopes to attract more clientele from the younger set.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Courtier

They're a very elegant looking couple. They say he resembles the Russian royal family.

Old 10-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 10-10-2003 Gary Lee / uppa.co.uk London - PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT arriving for the service of rememberance for Iraq at St Paul's Cathederal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	michael.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	21163  
Old 10-15-2003, 04:37 PM

hello i would love to see a picture of the duke and duchess of kent with all their grandchildren! annybody has one please!
guzina
Old 10-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page423.asp

The Prince is a Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:18 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenna1186@May 21st, 2003 - 4:58 am
PRINCESS PUSHY'S HAUGHTY CULTURE

May 21 2003
By Richard Smith

PRINCESS Michael of Kent has got a group of prisoners to do her gardening for free.

She called for their help, unpaid, after seeing the award-winning garden they created at this week's Chelsea Flower Show.

The royal - dubbed Princess Pushy - had earlier told TV's Alan Titchmarsh she didn't have enough staff to do the weeding at home.

But after meeting Richard Booty, governor of Leyhill prison, Gloucs, she can now expect a visit from inmates to her nearby Nether Lypiatt estate.

They won gold for their woodland-themed garden, No Time To Stand And Stare, in the show garden category. It was inspired by William Henry Davies' poem Leisure.

The prison previously won silver at Chelsea in 2001 and gold in 2000.

The princess's five-acre garden featured on BBC2's coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show. A royal aide said yesterday she wanted to show her support for the prisoners.

He said: "She went to the stand and spoke to the person in charge.

"She thought the garden was exceptional, unbelievably beautiful.

"It came up in the conversation that she would be interested in employing a number of prisoners to work on her garden. She also said she would be very willing, once they have left prison, to employ them on a more permanent basis."

The garden was designed by head of inmate activities Jeff Goundrill.

He said: "I am absolutely thrilled with this garden, both for the team at Chelsea and for the staff and prisoners at Leyhill who can't be here. This is the icing on the cake."

The garden includes wild and native plants, ranging from bluebells and wild garlic to cowslips, willow herb, rushes and grasses.

A footpath leads over an arched bridge which goes through the garden to a woodland walk.

Inmate Jez, 24, described the award as a "once in a lifetime achievement". He added: "It is a feeling like I have never felt before - it is absolutely incredible." While serving time, Jez has achieved an NVQ in bricklaying. A second qualification in machinery meant he was able to operate the digger which helped build the garden.

He plans to ditch a life of crime and stick to gardening. He said: "I definitely want to continue in this line of work, landscaping."

Leyhill open prison has 520 inmates coming to the end of their sentences. It runs a successful community placement project with inmates working in charity shops, private gardens and factories.

Last night, a spokesman for the Prison Service said placements were a "valuable tool" to help inmates get accustomed to being back in the community.

He said all prisoners had risk assessment over the possible danger they might pose, adding: "We feel these schemes make a valuable contribution to reducing re-offending by easing prisoners back into the community."

Phil Wheatley, director general of the Prison Service, last night praised the Leyhill team.

He said: "I am immensely proud of Jeff Goundrill, the prisoners and all at Leyhill who produced a garden of exceptional quality."

Enver Solomon, policy officer at the Prison Reform Trust, said: "This is a very positive thing - prisons should be about providing prisoners with opportunities."

Four years ago, Princess Michael was accused of bringing traffic to a standstill when she travelled to the flower show in a limousine with police outriders.

And Buckingham Palace recently "humiliated" the princess and her husband Prince Michael of Kent by giving them seven years to move out of their apartment at Kensington Palace.

They had previously been told the rent-free apartment, given by the Queen as a wedding present in 1978, would be theirs for life.

From The Mirror.
Isn't that the prison that was featured in "Green Fingers"? That was a decent film.

Anyway, she is lovely. Great skin for her age. Nice clothes too. I like her in that red dress the most.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - PRINCE AND PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT THE WEDDING OF KATE ROTHSCHILD AND BEN GOLDSMITH, ST MARYS CHURCH, BURY ST EDMUNDS, SUFFOLK, BRITAIN - 20 SEP 2003
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Sources: Rex Features, IBL, Polfoto, and Corbis
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EN_prince_michael_101.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	25750   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_princess_michael_100a.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	25752   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_prince_michael_103.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	25759   Click image for larger version

Name:	103.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	25760  

Name:	EN_princess_michael_102.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	25769  
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

1,2,4,5. www.corbis.com

3,8,9. www.ibl.se

6. www.corbis.com - Prince Michael with daughter Ella and son Frederick behind them.

7. www.corbis.com - Princess Michael at the wedding of Lady Helen (Windsor) to Tim Taylor.

10. www.rexfeatures.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	104.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	25757   Click image for larger version

Name:	105.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	25758   Click image for larger version

Name:	108.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	25771   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_prince_michael_princess_michael_103.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	25774  

Name:	237.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	25775   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_helen_tim_wedding_110.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	25776   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_princess_michael_107.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	25780  
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

1.www.corbis.com - Prince Michael with Viscountess Serena Linley attending Easter Service with the rest of the royal family.

2-5,7-9.www.ibl.se - Russian President Putin's visit to Great Britain.

6.www.rexfeatures.com President Putin's visit.

10.www.corbis.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	linley.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	25781   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_prince_michael_104a.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	25786   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_princess_michael_109.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	25791  
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

1.www.corbis.com

2.www.rexfeatures.com - Princess Michael with son Lord Frederick.

3.www.rexfeatures.com

4,5.CORBIS - 11 December 2001 - Princess Michael of Kent wearing a wrap-style coat arriving for a Christmas lunch hosted by the Jermyn Street Association.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EN_princess_michael_109a.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	25792   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_prince_michael_family_102.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	25793   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_princess_michael_498.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	28805   Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_princess_michael_498a.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	28806  

Attached Images

Old 11-29-2003, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the photos, Alexandria!

I was just thinking that Princess Michael looks far better in tighter fitting clothes. She tends to wear 'baggy' outfits sometimes, but they don't do a lot for her.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

You're very welcome, Binny.

An interesting observation you make! I think you're right, however. Princess Michael tends to wear looser-fitting clothes, some to the point of being frumpy, and she's got such a great figure, I think she should really show it off more. Not show her midriff or wear extra low-rise pants or anything like that! But suits and evening gowns that hug her figure a bit more would make a very big difference!
Old 12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

IBL - 14 December 2003 - Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Inaugural concert at the Theatre "La Fenice."
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Szapary was the name of Princess Michael's mother's second husband. He was a Polish nobleman.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Nobility

Oh no!
Channel 11 News in NY last night featured a story that Princess Michael was apparently not too kind to some fellow diners at the restaurant Da Silvano on Houston St. in the West Village on Tuesday night. Supposedly she was irked by a group of people next to her who were having a good time and were a little too loud for her taste. She told them "Enough already", asked for a new table, and then made some comment based on their African-American heritage. The restaurant owner was there and confirmed the story.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Yesterday, I brought the New York post just for that story. From the paper
Pss Michael reached over and just slammed her open pla down on our table, everything shook. she said enough already, you need to quiet down. The ppl at the table countinied talking and the princess demanded a new table. as she was leaving she said with her fist pumped toward one of the ppl at the table and said " You need to go back to the colonies". so one of the table members said " What did you mean by that " back to the colonies?" Pss Mike" I did not say go back to the colonies, I said you should remember the colonies, bsck in the days of the colonies, there were rules that were very good. You think about, just think about. Pss Mike was in the U.S to attend Gabby's graduation. I used to think the Pss was very pretty and the prettest out of the Britsh princess, but now she is just uglyyy.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Nobility

May 27, 2004 -- THE sun set on Princess Michael of Kent's "empire" yesterday thanks to the racist remarks she made at Da Silvano.

The Pushy Princess, as she is known in Britain, had been trying to launch a career in the United States along the lines of Sarah Ferguson's successful efforts with endorsements and children's books.

But yesterday following her outburst at Da Silvano, where she told a talkative table-ful of African-Americans they should "go back to the colonies" her publicist, Dan Klores, dropped her as a client.

Insiders say the Czech-born royal-by-marriage wanted to become the "English Martha Stewart" in the U.S. to help raise funds for herself and her hubby Prince Michael, who will lose their free apartment in Kensington Palace in a few years.

"She and her husband are broke," an insider said. "A year ago, she went to William Morris and wanted them to set her up with a television show. The agents there said she wasn't famous enough, but noted she should write another book and get herself a U.S. 'platform,' so to speak."

Princess Michael decided to write a "historical novel," titled "The Serpent and the Moon," due out in September from Simon & Schuster.

She then sought public-relations help and tried to hire Howard Rubenstein, who helped turn Ferguson, the former Duchess of York, into a millionaire. "Fergie has a successful career in the States and has made a lot of money over here. Howard helped Fergie a lot," the insider added. "But Howard turned Princess Michael down flat. Fergie hates her."

Princess Michael was instrumental in stripping Ferguson of her duchess title after her split with Prince Andrew, and once got Fergie and her daughters booted from first class on a flight so she and her husband could take their seats.

Rubenstein said: "Yes, I did decline to represent her. I didn't think she had a business plan that would have been appropriate for me to be involved with . . . I am delighted I did not take her on as a client."

Now, after her bigoted outburst at Da Silvano, Princess Michael might have trouble finding anyone to work with her.

"She can't make any money in England because they hate her there," our insider said. "So she thought she could pull the wool over the eyes of people here."
From page six in the New York Post. Also in the acticle about the princess, it said that she demanded that Sarah( still married to Andrew) and her daughters be removed from first class so she can sit there.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by sky@May 27th, 2004 - 6:59 pm
Yesterday, I brought the New York post just for that story. From the paper
Pss Michael reached over and just slammed her open pla down on our table, everything shook. she said enough already, you need to quiet down. The ppl at the table countinied talking and the princess demanded a new table. as she was leaving she said with her fist pumped toward one of the ppl at the table and said " You need to go back to the colonies". so one of the table members said " What did you mean by that " back to the colonies?" Pss Mike" I did not say go back to the colonies, I said you should remember the colonies, bsck in the days of the colonies, there were rules that were very good. You think about, just think about. Pss Mike was in the U.S to attend Gabby's graduation. I used to think the Pss was very pretty and the prettest out of the Britsh princess, but now she is just uglyyy.
:flower: Pla means palm sorry, I was typing really fast.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sky@May 28th, 2004 - 8:24 am
Princess Michael was instrumental in stripping Ferguson of her duchess title after her split with Prince Andrew, and once got Fergie and her daughters booted from first class on a flight so she and her husband could take their seats.
This is a ridiculous rumour! Princess Michael doesn't have that much influence with the Queen. The Queen is very fond of her cousin, Prince Michael but M-C has the princess is known in the family is not very popular.

If anyone was responsible for the removal of Fergie's HRH it was Fergie through her bad behaviour!

As to the incident with the flight, I'm sure M-C was put in her place when the Queen & Prince Phillip found out about it as the Princess's Beatrice & Eugenie outrank Princess Michael and had more right to be in first class than she did.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent