The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I still don't understand what did Princess Micahel mean about The Queen?Can anyone please explain for me?
Thanks.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I still don't understand what did Princess Micahel mean about The Queen?Can anyone please explain for me?
Thanks.
What particular thing? You mean about the Queen's mental state? I think the problem there was that the paper was trying to make it sound as though she was saying that the Queen had age-related mental problems when in fact, if I'm reading it right, she said nothing of the sort.

I did find it amusing that she was criticising Camilla for being nice. Wonder what she'd have said if Camilla had been a strident harpy?

Old 09-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

So what is new about the Princess? She is an loudmouth who is not very discreet. She knew better and still talked out. Anything that she has said is not new!! She wants to have her 15 minutes of fame lengthed.

have a good night/day Linda 85
Old 09-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
What particular thing? You mean about the Queen's mental state? I think the problem there was that the paper was trying to make it sound as though she was saying that the Queen had age-related mental problems when in fact, if I'm reading it right, she said nothing of the sort.

I did find it amusing that she was criticising Camilla for being nice. Wonder what she'd have said if Camilla had been a strident harpy?
From reading the comments Princess Michael is attributed to have made in relation to Camilla, I took her to mean that Camilla was being "fake" nice. That is just my interpretation of what I thought she was saying. Whether that is what she meant, I do not know.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth

poor camilla. she really must be tired after only 5 months from her marriage of being a member of the royal family...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwall, for me, i think she seems getting used to The Royal family now, by her attendance at Royal great Events like Trooping the Colour, Garter Service, Willism's Graduation, Trafalgar's Anniversary,...It seems she doing well outside, but inside i'm not sure about the relationship of her with other members of The Royal Family, maybe still have some distance.
Thanks you, Elspeth for explaining that, because actually i'm not an English myself, i'm just an Asian so it's hard for me to understand all what Western talking about.First, i thought that Princess Michael means The Queen is getting some mental sicknesses or getting mad or something like that, i did not understand much, but now i have got that.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
The second part of the story, regarding the sale of the house, baffled me. I still don't know what the reporter's point was. She was conducting the sale of her house (or so she thought) something which millions of people do every day. Reading the report one would have thought she was trying to broker a drug deal or something. Whatever terms are agreed between herself and the eventual buyer is purley a matter for them. When I bought my apartment the previous owner left some furniture. How is that an issue?
I agree. she's not doing anything illegal. Selling something that belongs to her doesnt make her greedy. the article claims the price of the house is inflated but I'd like to hear a real estate expert's take on that.

I had a guilty sort of excitement when i heard that her "inside" comments would be made public. but she really didnt say anything even remotely interesting or new. anyone with even a passing interest in royalty knows this stuff.

it's ridiculous that she claims to be commenting on William and Kate's relationship. all she said was that they're too young to marry.

these newspapers are only out to make a profit.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Michael is a highly intelligent woman who should have known better than to open her mouth (again!) and comment to a stranger on such personal matters. But once again, she has managed to offend the Queen (who is well known to dislike her with a passion) and everyone else in the family.

Hopefully, she has learned her lesson!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Nobility

Although I think she should have been more wary we must remember that she wasn't saying these things to any old stranger. The reporter would have been deliberatley behaving in a way that would have encouraged the Princess to feel he was someone she could trust. A real Sheik is not the sort of person who runs to the newspapers with stories and that is why Sophie also felt she could be open with the same reporter under the same circumstances. A senior courtier was quoted in The Daily Mail newspaper as saying that the Queen is sympathetic towards Princess Michael for this reason and is just relieved that nothing more serious was said. He added that the Queen's wish is, "for the whole thing to be forgotten about as soon as possible".
Old 09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Princess Michael should have stated " NO COMMENT!"

She will do anything to get press time.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I don't think she knew she was talking to the press this time.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

I agree...but....you have to love the fact when she opens her mouth, she does not lets it go full force... just like Prince Philip...I like the fact that neither of them are shy and both refuse to be put into a corner..like some statue.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Courtier

I concur. You definitely must applaud her bravado!

You never have to wonder where you stand with her or Prince Philip. Whether you agree with them, I appreciate their honesty.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:14 AM
Nobility

oh, the report is so mean, full of subjective comments
wonder why she hasn't learn from Sophie's experience with a so-called 'sheik'

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 09-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
oh, the report is so mean, full of subjective comments
wonder why she hasn't learn from Sophie's experience with a so-called 'sheik'

because she just doesnt care , ( except for money)
Old 09-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess in Madrid, presenting her book

From imagine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	191077  
Old 09-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness

In my opinion Princess Michael has lots of spunk!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

To quote Lou Grant on the Mary Tyler Moore Show: "I hate spunk."

I don't hate Princess Michael, she puzzles me. You'd think after all this time she would have learned some discretion (especially after the Sophie incident).

I've also been very curious about her relationship with Prince Michael. I get the impression she's the dominant partner. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I did read somewhere that many of the Windsor men are rather weak and need strong women to bring out the best in them - the Duke of Windsor and George VI being the most obvious examples, and Prince Charles being another - so maybe this is another instance of that dynamic.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness

Interesting point, Elspeth. When you look down the family bloodline, it does seem that the strong wives of the previous Kings, Princes of Wales, etc. are a much needed necessity by them. Queen Mary really set a lot of precedence for that.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent