Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 2: May 2004-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
james said:
I've always wondered what the big deal was about Louise being Princess or Lady. Look at Zara Philips. Because she wears sexy outfits ands has had various romances she has had more media attention that Sophie who is an HRH. I don't think that Louise being a Princess would have made any difference to her if she kept a low profile in later life. Any thoughts?
NO!

she would known as Lady Louise but she cant take title because her parents got married in June 1999 and her mother the Countess of Wessex obey her husband and Queen because Sophie still vows to Queen before Sophie got married to Prince Edward in June 19,1999 but Edward and Sophie wanted given her children as no titles when both got married i respect Sophie i dont blame her! if both couples have boy will name Viscount they would no titles and both got Lady Louise they receive no titles.

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
NO!

she would known as Lady Louise but she cant take title because her parents got married in June 1999 and her mother the Countess of Wessex obey her husband and Queen because Sophie still vows to Queen before Sophie got married to Prince Edward in June 19,1999 but Edward and Sophie wanted given her children as no titles when both got married i respect Sophie i dont blame her! if both couples have boy will name Viscount they would no titles and both got Lady Louise they receive no titles.

Sara Boyce
Sara, I think what James meant that whether Louise has the title of Lady or Princess has no bearing on how high or low of a profile she'll have when she gets older. Her profile would be what she makes it to be, regardless of her title.

Big Louise´ photo with her mother and her grandparents in christmas

Attachments

• louise y la reina.JPG
    louise y la reina.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 973
mmmm maybe.

Attachments

• diana comparada con sophie.JPG
    diana comparada con sophie.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 559
i have agree with corazon and bubbette but its looks like as William! or her dad the Prince Edward dont you think?

Sara Boyce

Its a cute picture however I don't think its a good enough image of her face to make comparisons.

I sure, Louise will attend to trooping colour.

Me too.I also hope that.There are only more 29 days later to Trooping the Colour.We all'd love to see Sophie and Edward with little cutie Louise there.

wait and see if Earl and Countess of Wessex will bring little Louise to colours trooping or not bring!

Sara Boyce

Does anyone think that Lady Louise will ever assume the title of HRH Princess Louise of Wessex? To me it seems very likely since by the time Louise is an adult most of the British royal females in their own right (Queen Elizabeth, The Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra of Kent) will have either died or ceased to fulfill the amount of royal duties that they do now. If Louise doesn't become a princess then only Beatrice and Eugenie will be actual Princesses of the House of Windsor.

Very unlikely.
I think the Wessex's will probably be so sidelines, either by themselves or others. Lady Louise will become unknown to most. This is in keeping with the idea of a small monarchy. Only the wives and daughters of William and Harry will do duties. It is possible that Beatrice and Eugenie might not be required to work for the firm

legally Louise is HRH princess of wessex. Their parents along with the queen decided that well-known like Lady Louise Windsor, but Louise technically is princess to be daughter of male prince.

Benjamin said:
Does anyone think that Lady Louise will ever assume the title of HRH Princess Louise of Wessex? To me it seems very likely since by the time Louise is an adult most of the British royal females in their own right (Queen Elizabeth, The Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra of Kent) will have either died or ceased to fulfill the amount of royal duties that they do now. If Louise doesn't become a princess then only Beatrice and Eugenie will be actual Princesses of the House of Windsor.

IMO she will, if ever, assume the HRH when her father becomes Duke of Edinburgh. At this time she would become HRH Princess Louise of Edinburgh just as Beatrice & Eugenie are HRH Princess of York

Old photo (capture) of louise in christmas best quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
you're welcome ;)
the photo is in Saint Moritz

Last edited:
Louise is automatically a princess of the UK with the style and title of Royal Highness as a male-line grandaughter of the Sovereign. It was simply decided by Edward and Sophie, with the Queen's approval, that she would be known as Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor instead. However, Louise can assume her rightful title and style at anytime unless the Sovereign specifically issues letters patent depriving her of these attributes.

The Queen already issued letters patent to remove the titles of HRH and Princess. Louise is now officially, technically and whatever other way you want to phrase it a "Lady" not a "Princess". Some people can't seem to accept this and I don't know why.

I would like to know this too. I am very against messing about with Royal titles. It is a symbol to me of Edward's general lack of style and duty that he came up with the craziness of a Royal Earldom - what IS that? nuts. An earl is not only less than a duke but also less than a marquis - but additionally deprived his daughter of her status as a princess. I am grateful that Andrew had the guts to fight for his daughters.

I would be pleased to learn that Louise was in fact a princess. She would then have the option of rejecting the boorishness of her parents in removing her title.

If the belief was that Edward should eventually get Edinburgh, because he's the only one bothered with the Edinburgh Award Scheme, it made sense that he gets and earldom for now. He couldn't get a dukedom and then get Edinburgh, too, because that would give him more than Andrew. And if he got a marquissate, that would give him higher subsidiary titles than his brothers, also not desirable. It makes sense.

The having Louise raised as a Lady allows them to fight for her privacy. If she was raised as a princess, they'd have a hard time keeping her out of the public eye and out of the press. They can truly claim that she is a private citizen and entitled to all the protections that status provides her. If she decides to embark upon public life when she gets older, the option remains, but she can always opt out and lead a private life, kind of like Anne's children. BEatrice and Eugenie don't have this option, and William and Harry certainly don't.

Andrew didn't fight for anything, because having Beatrice and Eugenie drop their Princess titles was only mooted as an idea, and was never fully considered.

There was a lot more that went into the consideration for Edward's title than simply that he works with the DOE Awards. It seems Edward didn't want any title, upon his wedding when they are normally handed out. Which went down really well with Prince Charles and the Labour government that want to get away with the royals other than the immediate royal family having Prince, Princess and Duke titles.
However the Queen was unhappy as she believed that this idea would be interpretted as a snub by the media and she reminded Edward that this would leave Sophie of having the unfortunate title of Princess Edward. So he relunctuantly aggreed to the Earldom of Wessex. Edward is an avid historian understands the histrical importance of the Earldom. In many ways it is the most historical title in England and outdates even that the title of King.

And it is not as if Edward and Sophie are the first royals to request that their children not have a royal title - Princess Maragret and Princess Anne have realise that it is more than a hinderance today than a benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom