Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 3: October 2005-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a silly question, whats the lady louise's full name?

Very silly that there is this distinction between Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise. However, I like it that Edward and Sophie are honouring the Duke of Edinburgh by chosing 'Mountbatten-Windsor' instead of 'Windsor'.

Marengo said:
Very silly that there is this distinction between Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise. However, I like it that Edward and Sophie are honouring the Duke of Edinburgh by chosing 'Mountbatten-Windsor' instead of 'Windsor'.

Well, from what we know, it seems Edward and Sophie want their children to be able to grow up as normally as possible without the burden of being Royal Highnesses. The Queen gave her assent to styling their children as sons and daughters of an Earl, but has not issued a Royal Warrant allowing them to formally reliniquish their rank and title.

Legally, Louise is a Royal Highness with the titular dignity of Princess under the 1917 Letters Patent of George V.

branchg said:
Actually, she is HRH Princess Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Wessex. She is styled The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor for now.

That would be "of Wessex," wouldn't it?

I was a bit surprised that the royal family website gave the "Lady Louise..." title without mentioning that technically she's Princess Louise, but perhaps they don't want people to know.

this website is really cool. so much info.

No news or photos about Louise?

Not that i know of, but it is her birthday soon so you never know.

Elspeth said:
That would be "of Wessex," wouldn't it?

I was a bit surprised that the royal family website gave the "Lady Louise..." title without mentioning that technically she's Princess Louise, but perhaps they don't want people to know.

I always thought she was officially (and only) Lady Louise because Edward and Sophie chose this. The Queen offered to make her Princess Louise but I thought her parents chose this Lady title instead because it makes her just a normal daughter of an earl and they didn't see a need to put a princess title on her, as she'll never need to use it really. She can be just a regular person with a career if she wants. But this is wrong? A Princess title was given to her?

CasiraghiTrio said:
I always thought she was officially (and only) Lady Louise because Edward and Sophie chose this. The Queen offered to make her Princess Louise but I thought her parents chose this Lady title instead because it makes her just a normal daughter of an earl and they didn't see a need to put a princess title on her, as she'll never need to use it really. She can be just a regular person with a career if she wants. But this is wrong? A Princess title was given to her?

No, she was born Princess of the UK, being an child of the son of a reigning monarch, and unless the Queen gives permission, her official proper title is HRH Princess etc. , but her parents asked the Queen permission that she be known in public as Lady Louise,as they want her to grow up as normally as possible

Louise's Birthday

I made this pic for Louise's 2nd Birthday. I normally wait, until the day to put it up, but I really wanted to share it. So here is it. Louise's Brithday is the 8th of November.

Attachments

• louhappy2.jpg
    louhappy2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,160
Claire said:
I made this pic for Louise's 2nd Birthday. I normally wait, until the day to put it up, but I really wanted to share it. So here is it. Louise's Brithday is the 8th of November.

That is a very sweet picture, great job!

Do you think there will be any photos released for Louise's 2nd Birthday tomorrow? I know Edward and Sophie like to keep Louise sheltered from the public eye, but there have not been any recent pictures of her since the summer.

Beck said:
Do you think there will be any photos released for Louise's 2nd Birthday tomorrow? I know Edward and Sophie like to keep Louise sheltered from the public eye, but there have not been any recent pictures of her since the summer.

I don't think any formal photos will be taken but if i remember rightly in the Queens Christmas broadcast last year a little video of Louise recieving a present on her 1st birthday was included, so perhaps something similar will be added this year.

CasiraghiTrio said:

Louise is automatically a Princess of the UK with the rank of Royal Highness under letters patent issued by George V in 1917. She has been styled as the daughter of an Earl with permission from the Queen at the request of Edward and Sophie.

The Queen would have to issue letters patent changing the criteria of which members of the royal family are entitled to be a prince/princess of the UK with the rank of Royal Highness in order for Louise to legally be The Lady Louise Windsor. Alternatively, she could issue a Royal Warrant allowing Louise to formally reliniquish her rank and title as HRH Princess Louise of Wessex.

My guess is the issue is too complicated at the present time to address with letters patent since the Queen would have to require Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to also relinquish their titular dignities and rank. This is something Prince Andrew is said to be adamantly opposed to, so I doubt it will ever happen during the Queen's reign.

More likely, Charles III will issue new letters patent in the future limiting the title and rank to the children of the sovereign, the eldest child of the Prince of Wales and the eldest child of the eldest child of the Prince of Wales.

i dont think about Louise's birthday because more reasons of Earl and Countess's privacy but i think Sophie wanted have private party at home or whatever what her parents wanted it!

Sara Boyce

While reading these posts on little Lady Louise I can't but help compare her a little to the little Lost Prince John-King George V and Queen Mary's youngest child who they kept hidden away due to his affliction. Of course there is no comparison in these more advanced times-Edward and Sophie merely want to protect their child's privacy. But still I am haunted by that little prince who was kept away from the public eye. God bless you Lady Louise and may you know sunshine and joy all your days! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In many ways I think the problem is with us. Royal children were always seldom seen until they were about seven when they appeared at church and on the balcony. Its just that now with the internet and all the media that we now have, and the celebrities that have young children with them. We expect to see young children with the royals as well.

Claire said:
In many ways I think the problem is with us. Royal children were always seldom seen until they were about seven when they appeared at church and on the balcony. Its just that now with the internet and all the media that we now have, and the celebrities that have young children with them. We expect to see young children with the royals as well.

I think you are right to a point.
But I honestly think that Edward and Sophie takes this aim of keeping Lady Louise from public eyes too far. Even parents who want their sons privacy respected allow to see them from time to time. It's amazing how a Queen grandson only have 2 pages of her own thread and it is mostly filled with comments and sugestions. I know she is not an exposure object, nor are the other royal members - baby or not - but I am sure that British Royal Family Fans would like to see her more.
It's difficult to say when it is enough because people keep asking for more but all this secrecy make people wonder and that's not fare. For Lady Louise mainly.
Regards :)

Will Lady Louise when she becomes of age, be able to choose to be called HRH Princess Louise of Wessex?? (Princess of the United Kingdom of Great-Britain and Northern Ireland)

Yes, she will. But will most likely choose not to use them, IMO. She would most likely be styled HRH Princess Louise of Edinburgh at that point, no?

That's another question I've always had. When (if) Edward succeeds to his father's title after it is merged with the Crown, will he and Sophie then be known as the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh? And isn't the Queen technically the Duchess of Edinburgh? How would that work?

I am not sure, but I believe the Queen isn't the Duchess of Edinburgh in her own right, so maybe she will no longer use the title of Duchess of Edinburgh after hur husband has past away

Maybe she will become the dowager Duchess of Edinburgh?

I don't think so, because her other titles are way more important... but who knows... let's hope we won't be knowing it soon, I hope that Prince Phillip will live for a long time :) :)

btsnyder said:
Maybe she will become the dowager Duchess of Edinburgh?

The Queen is currently the Duchess of Edinburgh (as the wife of the Duke of Edinburgh), along with her other titles. If one of her sons inherits the Edinburgh title during her lifetime, she would indeed be dowager Duchess of Edinburgh (along with her other titles).

At Tuesday's State Banquet, The Earl and Countess of Wessex were not there,a s i ahve read on the list at the British Royal Website and they also did not have engagements on Tuesday.I thinkthey would have spent a day with Louise on her birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom