The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
It dosn't matter what she technically is or isn't, her name is Lady Louise Windsor and I doubt it will ever change. Can everyone just get over it.
Incorrect. She is HRH Princess Louise of Wessex on her birth certificate. Her STYLE is Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor at this time. Princesses of the blood royal don't have "names".

Old 07-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Courtier

William's birth certificate didn't list "of Wales" as part of his name, so why would Louise's?

Old 07-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Nobility

any picture of her birth certificate?

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

in rex features, but I can open big size.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Nobility

hi corazon, i searched on rexfeatures but can't find it, can you plz post it? thx

Old 07-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
William's birth certificate didn't list "of Wales" as part of his name, so why would Louise's?
Here is some more info:

On the wedding day of HRH The Earl of Wessex to the then Miss Sophie Rhys-Jones, Buckingham Palace announced that, with the couple's agreement, any children they have should not be given the style His or Her Royal Highness, but would have courtesy titles as sons or daughters of an earl. This announcement has created considerable confusion. Since 1714, all legitimate children and legitimate male-line grandchildren of the British Sovereign have been titled Prince or Princess and styled Royal Highness. To date, the Queen has not issued Letters Patent that supersede George V's Letters Patent of 20 November 1917. Nor has the Queen issued a Royal Warrant specifically allowing the children of the Earl and Countess of Wessex (or the Earl and Countess on their behalf) to relinquish the titular dignity of Prince or Princess of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the style Royal Highness and assume the courtesy titles of an earl's children. HRH The Countess of Wessex gave birth to a daughter on 8 November 2003. The press secretary to the Queen announced that the infant would be styled the Lady Louise Windsor. Legally, however, Lady Louise is HRH Princess Louise of Wessex until a Royal Warrant or Letters Patent to the contrary appear.

http://www.irelandinformationguide.c...Louise_Windsor
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
any picture of her birth certificate?
here the photo but small
Attached Images

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Courtier

That's not the birth certificate, it's the announcement of the birth. The birth certificate is a completely different document, listing the parents, birthdate, birthplace, given names, etc. Louise's may not have been released to the public.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, I knew
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Nobility

thank you anyway corazon~i've not seen the annoucement before

Old 08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

People, great great news!!!!
http://press.contrastphoto.com/mb/doSearch
see here, WESSEX in search, look people, just look!!!!
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Very cute photos.

Here's an article with a cute photo of Sophie and Louise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5
Old 08-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Was that Sophie in the red bathing suit? She looked kind of ... large? Maybe it's just the angle.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

No, she was in the purple outfit. Lady Louise was so sweet smelling the flowers. Loved her expression at toy store. Like any kid she loved her ice cream. She seems to be very active, she was still going in her stroller. She has some more hair, though not very much. It was so good to see her. Thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was looking at the two ladies in bathing suits. One is in red and the other a lilac bikini. Neither really looked like Sophie.

I saw her at the market place walking around in that tunic. She and Louise looked like they were having a good time. I hope they weren't bothered too much.

I was amazed she had Louise on a harness (if I had a child and was going somewhere crowded, I would have no problem with the harness) since they have guards around.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
People, great great news!!!!
http://press.contrastphoto.com/mb/doSearch
see here, WESSEX in search, look people, just look!!!!
Thanks for that link! Louise is soo cute!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Somebody have the photos from HELLO!?,
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Commoner

I saw the photos when I flicked through it in a shop, and they only showed the photos which didn't show her face which I thought was nice of them to respect her privacy
Old 08-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Nobility

Branchq

Quote:
She does, as confirmed by Sophie when asked this very question at the time of her birth. Sophie stated it was Louise's right to assume her title of Princess with the style of HRH in the future.
This is very good news, do you have a link at all?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Nobility

I don't think Louise ever will assume her title of Princess for various reasons. Firstly, by the time she is old enough to make a decision about it, say around 18, the situation in the Royal Family will have changed a lot. The Queen if not dead will not have many years left to live and William and Harry will have little Princes and Princesses of their own. In light of this Louise will be viewed very much as a minor Royal and for her to start using the Princess title I think would be frowned upon given that even now the Royals are trying to "downsize". Had she been using the title from birth it wouldn't be such an issue but I think if she said she now wanted to be known as Princess it would make her look very pompous in the eyes of the public.

However the main reason I don't see it happening is that I don't think it will be a big issue to Louise herself. She'll probably cherish the freedom not being HRH will give her. In this day and age young people don't set as much store by titles the way people did a generation ago.

Tags
lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor