The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I sure, Louise will attend to trooping colour.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Me too.I also hope that.There are only more 29 days later to Trooping the Colour.We all'd love to see Sophie and Edward with little cutie Louise there.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

wait and see if Earl and Countess of Wessex will bring little Louise to colours trooping or not bring!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Does anyone think that Lady Louise will ever assume the title of HRH Princess Louise of Wessex? To me it seems very likely since by the time Louise is an adult most of the British royal females in their own right (Queen Elizabeth, The Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra of Kent) will have either died or ceased to fulfill the amount of royal duties that they do now. If Louise doesn't become a princess then only Beatrice and Eugenie will be actual Princesses of the House of Windsor.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Very unlikely.
I think the Wessex's will probably be so sidelines, either by themselves or others. Lady Louise will become unknown to most. This is in keeping with the idea of a small monarchy. Only the wives and daughters of William and Harry will do duties. It is possible that Beatrice and Eugenie might not be required to work for the firm
Old 05-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

legally Louise is HRH princess of wessex. Their parents along with the queen decided that well-known like Lady Louise Windsor, but Louise technically is princess to be daughter of male prince.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.answers.com/topic/british-royal-family
Old 05-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin
Does anyone think that Lady Louise will ever assume the title of HRH Princess Louise of Wessex? To me it seems very likely since by the time Louise is an adult most of the British royal females in their own right (Queen Elizabeth, The Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra of Kent) will have either died or ceased to fulfill the amount of royal duties that they do now. If Louise doesn't become a princess then only Beatrice and Eugenie will be actual Princesses of the House of Windsor.
IMO she will, if ever, assume the HRH when her father becomes Duke of Edinburgh. At this time she would become HRH Princess Louise of Edinburgh just as Beatrice & Eugenie are HRH Princess of York
Old 06-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old photo (capture) of louise in christmas best quality.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

new louise's photo in All Things Royal
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Courtier

I can't find it.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

here
http://www.allthingsroyal.nl/forum/i...topic=58&st=50
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Thank you. :)
Old 06-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
Thankyou Corazon!

It's great to see Louise, she's really grown, and she looks so much like Edward!

Does anyone have any idea when or where the picture was taken? It's the first time I've seen it.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

you're welcome
the photo is in Saint Moritz
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Commoner

wow she looked so cute one of the best photos I've seen of her
Old 06-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Louise is automatically a princess of the UK with the style and title of Royal Highness as a male-line grandaughter of the Sovereign. It was simply decided by Edward and Sophie, with the Queen's approval, that she would be known as Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor instead. However, Louise can assume her rightful title and style at anytime unless the Sovereign specifically issues letters patent depriving her of these attributes.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Nobility

The Queen already issued letters patent to remove the titles of HRH and Princess. Louise is now officially, technically and whatever other way you want to phrase it a "Lady" not a "Princess". Some people can't seem to accept this and I don't know why.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

That doesn't seem to be in the list of letters patent here:

http://www.cam.ac.uk/societies/cuhags/info/proclp-w.htm

It's possible it hasn't been updated, of course. Do you have a link to the letters patent that were issued?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Nobility

I would like to know this too. I am very against messing about with Royal titles. It is a symbol to me of Edward's general lack of style and duty that he came up with the craziness of a Royal Earldom - what IS that? nuts. An earl is not only less than a duke but also less than a marquis - but additionally deprived his daughter of her status as a princess. I am grateful that Andrew had the guts to fight for his daughters.

I would be pleased to learn that Louise was in fact a princess. She would then have the option of rejecting the boorishness of her parents in removing her title.

Tags
lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor