3 MARCH 2003
Lady Helen Taylor and her art dealer husband Tim have welcomed a new addition to their family, a baby girl.
The 38-year-old daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Kent gave birth on Sunday. Already mum to Columbus, eight, and six-year-old Cassius, Lady Helen is said to be "delighted" to have added a little girl to her growing family.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said mum and baby are doing well, but declined to give details on where the birth took place or the name of the infant.
The happy news comes nearly five years after Lady Helen's 39-year-old husband was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease, a form of cancer which attacks the lymph nodes. The ailment has a high survival rate, and Tim has been in remission since 2000.
Yes, the very picture! What a great gown and what a great ball that was, too! (like I was there... ). M-C of Greece in her fabulous feather gown by Valentino and Alexia in a wonderful champagne colored creation also by Valentino and Lady Helen in her pale blue satin strapless...
__________________ It's clever, but is it art? ~Rudyard Kipling
1.www.hello.com - LADY HELEN TAYLOR - in a touching interview at her home, the Duke and Duchess of Kent's daughter shares her delight at the birth of her daughter Eloise after she'd given up hope of ever having another child
2.www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By RICHARD YOUNG/REX FEATURES LADY HELEN WINDSOR PARTY FOR THE NEW ALMEIDA THEATRE AFTER THEIR GALA NIGHT OF 'THE LADY FROM THE SEA', LONDON, BRITAIN - 13 MAY 2003 416959/RY
LADY HELEN TAYLOR HELPS HUSBAND TIM LAUNCH NEW GALLERY
21 MAY 2003
Lady Helen Taylor took a rare break from caring for her newborn daughter Eloise on Tuesday to help her husband Tim celebrate the opening of his new Dering Street art gallery.
Looking relaxed and happy in a beaded blouse and dark skirt, Lady Helen Taylor chatted with a bevy of famous guests, including About A Boy star Hugh Grant, heiress Jasmine Guinness and singer Bryan Ferry.
Supermodel and new mum Claudia Schiffer, who arrived with husband Matthew Vaughn, was another of Lady Helen's glamorous friends who mingled with the crowd.
In a recent interview with HELLO!, mum-of-three Lady Helen revealed that she has shared some of her secrets of motherhood with the German fashion queen, who gave birth to her first baby, Caspar, in January.
"Claudia has asked for some advice," she told us, "but she's very natural and knows what she's doing."
On May 13 and May 15, pictures from an interview Lady Helen did with HELLO! magazine regarding the birth of Eloise were posted here. Has anyone read the article from it yet? I just picked up the magazine and Lady Helen mentions having a condition called obstetric cholestasis which is a disorder of the mother's liver. Lady Helen discovered she had the condition while pregnant with her eldest son Columbus. The condition usually develops in the final trimester of pregnancy because of a surge of hormones and it manifests itself in extreme itching of the hands and feet. The extent to which it affects the baby is unknown because the condition has only been recognized recently. Mothers who have the condition are encouraged to have their babies delivered early.
Lady Helen had each of her labours induced. Eloise was at 36 weeks rather than the usual 40. Lady Helen went into spontaneous but early labour with her sons, Columbus at 37 weeks and Cassius at 35 weeks. As a result, Eloise was small when born (only 5 pounds) but the boys were bigger when born.
It's a very candid interview, I think. And lots of great pictures.
- Lady Helen says Eloise resembles her and her father, the Duke of Kent and has her temper and impatience
- the name Eloise was just chosen out of thin air that she and her husband both liked
- she didn't have any tests done to know that it would be a girl but suspected because it was such a hard pregnancy
- there has been so sibling rivalry between Eloise and her brothers because of the age gap and because she's a girl
- Lady Helen had a maternity nurse the first few weeks to care for Eloise and an au pair for her sons
- the boys never knew their father had cancer at the time he was sick but Columbus being older was aware that something wasn't right; the boys now know that their father had cancer but that he's okay now and how lucky he is to be alive
- Lady Helen and Tim recently celebrated their tenth anniversary, she says that the is the fiery and moody, bad-tempered one in the relationship and that Tim just lets it all wash over him - "which works very well"
-"I was lucky and found someone who would put up with me!" she says
- even though she is in line to the throne and a relation of the Queen's, Lady Helen says she was raised normally and that she and Tim have worked hard for everything they have