Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I'd be going for April or May if I was her. I was thinking too that I don't think it would be the 8th of June as isn't Trooping always on the second Saturday of that month? It's strange that they don't know the exact date already.

I would think that Lady Gabriella and her parents and Tom would already know the exact date. However, they would not have to disclose it to the general public until they choose to do so, if they choose to. Also it takes time to make the wedding gown.

You do get the impression that St. George's has a great ancestral pull for members of the royal family and that the Queen appreciates that and wouldn't pull rank in terms of who can use it. I think she very much sees it as THE family chapel and respects that it means a lot to all of the Windsors.

I don't think it's just about ancestors. There are plenty or other places in that case. It's a personal connection for some. Gabriella remembers Christmas at Windsor as a kid before they moved it to Sandringham.

I agree, I'd be going for April or May if I was her. I was thinking too that I don't think it would be the 8th of June as isn't Trooping always on the second Saturday of that month? It's strange that they don't know the exact date already.

Not sure Trooping is that relevant, but they need to make sure that the wedding is not too close to the annual Garter service that takes place ine arly June.

Not sure Trooping is that relevant, but they need to make sure that the wedding is not too close to the annual Garter service that takes place ine arly June.

Trooping is relevant if Lady Gabriella wants many of her relatives at her wedding. Most of them attend, do the balcony and lunch with the Queen that day. I think the Queen considers it comparable to her pre-Christmas family lunch.

Saturday 27th of April would be a good date as the Easter events are over by then or any Saturday in May. I don't see it happening in June for some reason.

There's also the issue of security. Even though Gabriella isn't a "main line" royal, its probable that quite a few of them will be attending this wedding. With Trooping the Color, Garter Day and also Ascot Week, there's more of an influx of tourists and participants coming into the area.

I'm going to guess that the wedding will be between April 21st (Easter) and Trooping the Color (June 8th). It just seems logical to me.

I would think that Lady Gabriella and her parents and Tom would already know the exact date. However, they would not have to disclose it to the general public until they choose to do so, if they choose to. Also it takes time to make the wedding gown.

I'm sure everything has been decided since Tom proposed last August: the venue, the dress, the attendants, the date, etc.
They won't leave it until the last minute.

I'm sure everything has been decided since Tom proposed last August: the venue, the dress, the attendants, the date, etc.
They won't leave it until the last minute.

Mirabel, I completely agree. Even the placement of the flowers in the Chapel takes time to plan and there is the ordering. Some out of season flowers take time to arrive.

Trooping is relevant if Lady Gabriella wants many of her relatives at her wedding. Most of them attend, do the balcony and lunch with the Queen that day. I think the Queen considers it comparable to her pre-Christmas family lunch.

If her brothers wedding is any guide, expect no representation of the Wales' or from HM and Prince Philip. The odd York or two may show up. So apart from the brides parents who appear at the balcony at the Trooping but are hardly essential to events, no other royals really required for the Trooping are likely to be at the wedding

If her brothers wedding is any guide, expect no representation of the Wales' or from HM and Prince Philip. The odd York or two may show up. So apart from the brides parents who appear at the balcony at the Trooping but are hardly essential to events, no other royals really required for the Trooping are likely to be at the wedding

Isn’t the Duke of Kent, the brides uncle, Colonel of the Scots Guards. He would be required for Trooping and would possibly like to attend his nieces wedding.

I wouldn't use her brother's wedding as a guide for this one. Her brother married in September when most of the royals were on holiday and his wedding wasn't at one of the Queen's residencies. Ella is marrying in the Spring at Windsor when the whole family will be very much around. I would look to her cousin Helen's wedding as a guide to what what this one will be like.

One thing I don't think we'll have to worry about with this wedding is the kerfluffle about carriage rides. :D

This will be much more of a private affair that will *not* include the public whatsoever. It may even be conducted all within the grounds of private property and we'll hear next to nothing about the wedding.

One thing I don't think we'll have to worry about with this wedding is the kerfluffle about carriage rides. :D

This will be much more of a private affair that will *not* include the public whatsoever. It may even be conducted all within the grounds of private property and we'll hear next to nothing about the wedding.

I think the announcement about it being in St. George's mentioned that there will be media access which would suggest that guests and the bridal party will be allowed to be filmed and photographed arriving/departing the church, so just the same as Helen and Peter's weddings. Like Peter and Autumn Ella and Tom will then travel through the estate to Frogmore House for the reception but whether they go there by a small carraige (as P and A did) or by car they won't need to go into the main street. Helen left Windsor straight after her ceremony as she was having her reception at her parents house in Oxford.

Last edited:
I wonder if, like Peter and Autumn they will use one of the Ascot carriages through the private grounds.

She's probably the most well known of her generation outside the Queen's grandchildren so I would expect some interest for it on her own behalf with potentially photographs like Peter Phillip's untelevised wedding there. And probably a bit of the same blow back if they sell other private ones to Hello. It won't be like the Sussex or York weddings but I doubt we'll hear nothing much about it.

Plus (in the tabloids not directly related to the actual day) the comparisons to this year's weddings, plus "Are George and Charlotte going to be page boy/flower girl/little bridesmaid!" plus if Harry and Meghan attend does that mean they've forgiven Princess Michael for her Blackamore broach, if they don't does it mean they haven't/baby Sussex rumours etc.

Last edited:
Who do you think will be the designer of Lady Gabriella's wedding dress?

I reckon that Gabriella's wedding will be a lot more private than the previous weddings we've seen this year at St. George's, though I can imagine that there will still be crowds outside the chapel waiting to get a glimpse of the royal family ( such as at the wedding of the Snowdons) and more interest will be garnered if there are famous little bridal attendants such as Prince George and Princess Charlotte. However, I can imagine that Gabriella will prefer to stick to more immediate family and friends as their bridal party (I can imagine that Maude Windsor will be a likely choice, and perhaps one of Lady Helen Taylor's daughters could be an older assistant like Louise was at Eugenie's wedding).

Who attend her brothers wedding? If I remember rightly i thought Eugenie was the most senior royal there?

:previous: Yes. See posts #505 - #509 in this thread where possible guest list for Lady Gabriella is addressed, as well as references to Lord Freddie's wedding, which it was explained, took place at a time of the year when most of the royal family are away (e.g., the Queen takes her sojourn to Balmoral).

Let’s not forget that Edward and Sophie were mArried at St George’s in Windsor.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but Prince Charles and Camilla had their blessing ceremony at St. George's Chapel (at which the Queen attended, since she purposely was not present at their civil wedding ceremony).

St. George's is an absolutely wondrous venue, and I'm glad that Harry & Meghan chose the Windsor setting over Westminster Abbey. And that Eugenie had the wedding of her dreams there in October. As someone mentioned earlier, St. George's Chapel and the Windsor setting have a great deal of family historical significance and meaning. I'm not surprised that Lady Gabriella desires for her wedding to take place there too.

It will be interesting to see who will be on the guest list among the immediate royals. I would imagine that there will not be enough public interest nor a necessity seen for the wedding to be televised. Back in the 1960s, Lady Gabriella's Uncle Edward's (Duke of Kent's) wedding to Katharine Worsley in her home town, was televised (or if not, it was at least filmed and made available for newsreels). It was perfectly charming, and views are available on Youtube. Diana PofW's sister Jane was a bridesmaid, and her father Earl Spencer, was also in attendance.

For those interested, head over to the Royal Wedding forum to check out the thread on recent books about royal weddings, historic and contemporary.

... And as Mirabel pointed out, the highest tier of Royals have a state or semi-state wedding at Westminster Abbey (or St Paul's).

I'd heard that the Queen preferred for Prince Harry to wed at Westminster Abbey and it was offered. Therefore, it was possible for H&M to choose that grander setting. But as we know, Harry isn't into all the heavy duty pomp and circumstance. He preferred the more intimate family setting of Windsor for a number of reasons that are surely similar to Lady Gabriella's, i.e., fond memories of growing up around the Windsor environs.

Last edited:
Mirabel, I completely agree. Even the placement of the flowers in the Chapel takes time to plan and there is the ordering. Some out of season flowers take time to arrive.

Why not simply use the flowers that are in season? There are plenty available.

But I hope they use colorful flowers, instead of mostly white (which seems usual for many royal weddings).

I'm really looking forward to finding out the date of the wedding. I'm sure that Maud and her little sister Isabella will both be bridesmaids and I agree that one of Lady Helen's daughters my be an attendant as well as a nod to Helen asking Gabriella to be one of her bridesmaids back in the day. I think if little Arthur Matthews had been of age he would have been asked due to Tom's close friendship with Pippa but , of course, he's only a baby. Outwith the ones I've mentioned I don't really know who's almost certain to be asked.

I'm really looking forward to finding out the date of the wedding. I'm sure that Maud and her little sister Isabella will both be bridesmaids and I agree that one of Lady Helen's daughters my be an attendant as well as a nod to Helen asking Gabriella to be one of her bridesmaids back in the day. I think if little Arthur Matthews had been of age he would have been asked due to Tom's close friendship with Pippa but , of course, he's only a baby. Outwith the ones I've mentioned I don't really know who's almost certain to be asked.

Some of the Duke of Kent's great-grandchildren are the appropriate age, but some are Catholic so perhaps that might not work out?

Some of the Duke of Kent's great-grandchildren are the appropriate age, but some are Catholic so perhaps that might not work out?

I am sure that it isn't a requirement to be Anglican to have a role in the bridal party. So, Catholics are allowed (they won't refuse the bride's mother either :flowers:).

I hope William will attend the wedding.
Someone else can present the trophy, that is an annual event.
The wedding is a one-time thing.

I'm glad it is in May; there are already so many events in June.
Wonder if any of the children will be among the wedding party?

Almost exactly a year to the day from Harry's wedding. Hope she is just as lucky with the weather as he was. Meghan will have had her baby by then too, whereas there could have been a clash with wedding and baby in April which would have been a shame for Ella.

Last edited:
Almost exactly a year to the day from Harry's wedding. Hope she is just as lucky with the weather as he was. Meghan will have had her baby by then too, whereas there could have been a clash with wedding and baby in April which would have been a shame for Ella.

Well, I hope Ella doesn't even invite them.
They didn't think it necessary to invite her.

I hope William will attend the wedding.
Someone else can present the trophy, that is an annual event.
The wedding is a one-time thing.

I'm glad it is in May; there are already so many events in June.
Wonder if any of the children will be among the wedding party?

I think Maude is very likely and probably Isabella as well.

I doubt Meghan’s due date had any consideration when choosing the date for this wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom