The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Gabriella Windsor at the Vanity Fair Dom Perignon Party in Grosvenor Crescent, London.

Photos: Seegerpress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gab-1.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	40374   Click image for larger version

Name:	gab-2.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	40375   Click image for larger version

Name:	gab-3.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	40376  

Old 11-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Nobility

I read today that at the Dehli Durbar (Which was among the greatest colonial events in the history of British Imperialism) Aatish Tasheer's grandfather, who was the brother of the Nazeem of Hyberbad, presented Aatish's now girlfriend's Lady Gabriella Windsor's great grandfather King George V with a fortune in diamonds which included a diamond fringe tiara which Princesses Marina, Alexandra & Michael wore on their wedding day. A bit of trivia for those who are interested.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Nobility

http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-2...-fa11b002fd0c}

Lady Gabriella Windsor leaving St Paul's Cathedral after attending a Service of Thanksgiving to mark the Queen's Golden Jubilee.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Nobility

I don't know about anyone else but I think the resemblance between Lady Gabriella and her great aunt Mary, The Princess Royal, is uncanny. I also think that she strongly resembles her aunt, Princess Alexandra, as another contributor to this thread has already highlighted.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:48 PM

She's pretty. She resembles much of her aunt Princess Alexandra. She got the height. How tall is she?
Old 11-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Smile

I think that Gabriella also resembles princess alexandra's mother, princess Marina as well. I'm amazed at the similarities. How wonderful that these trait can be seen in generations after!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
At the Jenny Packham fashion show at Claridges, London, on 2-13-05.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Nobility

Gabriella is 6ft tall, just one inch taller than her mother.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Nobility

Lady Gabriella Windsor and her Brother Lord Frederick Windsor attend the Launch Party for "Famous Faces On Canvas Campaign 2005 " at Exposure on April 7, 2005 in London. Forty celebrity icons, including Steve Martin, Matthew McConaughey, Kate Winslet, Madonna, Duran Duran, Damien Hirst, Wayne Rooney, Lennox Lewis and Simon Cowell have donated unpublished and personal photographs of themselves to raise funds for SOS Children.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

some pics at rex of Ella and boyfriend
http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r...=18&fNext.y=10

Article from Hello
http://www.hello-magazine.co.uk/roya...riellawindsor/
Old 06-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

Lady Gabriella smoking at her graduation. I hope she quits soon!
From this link http://worldroots.com/gitte/royal/gabriellawindsor3.htm
Old 06-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

Hey,

this might seem like a stuipd question but why do Gabriella and Frederick have the titles of lord and lady if their parents are prince/ princess?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
this might seem like a stuipd question but why do Gabriella and Frederick have the titles of lord and lady if their parents are prince/ princess?
It isn't a stupid question at all! The rules about princes and princesses vary from country to country, so it can get confusing quite easily.

George V decided that the only people who were eligible to be called Prince and Princess were the children of a monarch, the grandchildren in the male line, and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. This was amended later so that Princess Elizabeth's children would also carry the title Prince or Princess, since they weren't eligible under the original Letters Patent because they descended in the female line. Great grandchildren of monarchs in the male line would be given the titles of children of dukes, i.e., lord and lady.

Prince Michael of Kent is the son of Prince George Duke of Kent, who was the son of George V. Therefore, he's eligible to be called Prince because he's a grandchild of a king in the male line. His children are great-grandchildren of a monarch in the male line and hence have the titles lord and lady.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Nobility

I have a question: will Frederick and Gabriella's children be titled? Their father is a prince, they themselves are simply lord and lady (which still is impressive)- does it follow that their children will be untitled?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Fred is still in line to the throne right? Even though hsi dad isn't?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Frederick and Gabriella are both in the line of succession.

As far as I know, Frederick's children won't have titles, but I'm not sure about that. If he's styled as the son of a Duke, it's possible his children would be "the Honourable "firstname" Windsor." But I honestly don't know if that's what'll happen or if they'll just be plain Master and Miss.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Gentry

LADY GABRIELLA WINDSOR: THE GLAMOROUS YOUNG ROYAL TALKS EXCLUSIVELY TO HELLO! ABOUT LOVE AND MARRIAGE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover0877big.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	171641  
Old 07-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Some declarations Ella made to Hello:
- 'It's important in a relashionship to take on certain challenges and traveling together is a huge challenge.'
- 'Both my parents are very found of Aatish. My mother appreciate the fact that he isn't scared of voicing his opinions. My father, like all fathers, was very protective at first, but they are always very supportive of me and my decisions.''
- 'I wasn't brought up to believe I was special. I was brought up to recognise that we were privileged to be part of this family and to be grateful for that.'
- 'I don't particularly like to draw attention to myself. I have a few styles- I love going barefoot with my hair natural. It is fun to wear a short skirt and high heels but I don't do it very often.'
- 'If things were to develop further between Aatish and myself, religion would not be an issue.'
- 'The way my mother can be portrayed in the media is a figure I don't recognize. It is tiresome and I still find it very upsetting.'
- 'My position may have opened doors, but in journalism you cannot get by on your family background alone, you need to be able to do the job.'
- [As a child] I thought [my mother] was very glamorous. She would make Freddie and myself walk down corridors balancing books on our heads, but it was more of a joke really.'
- 'My parents have been married for 27 years. I hope when I get married I am lucky enough to be able to make my marriage last that long'.

More tomorow.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Idriel for the summary of the Hello! article as well as taking the time to scan in these lovely images! :) She's a very beautiful young lady.

Gabriella looks quote glamorous in these pictures -- especially the one of her in the satin champagne-coloured gown while standing in the kitchen in front of the tea cups!

I find it a curious thing that some of the younger British royals (first Zara Phillips) would pose for such a photo shoot with their boyfriends when nothing is official. It seems unheard of in other royal families to do so. Or I wonder if it's because Gabriella and Zara are so far behind in line to the throne that it doesn't matter much? I wonder if down the line we can expect such kinds of pictures from Beatrice and Eugenie or Louise.

Tags
lady gabriella windsor