The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 AM
Administrator

Well, letting that last post go through to the keeper, as far as I know nothing has been confirmed that Kate Middleton has actually moved into Clarence House with William. I think if they were "living together" we would know about it. That is, unless the British tabloids have gone all uncharacteristically coy on the subject.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Today in "The Sun" their centre pages are dedicated to pictures of Kate growing up. At parties, in costume etc, I was curious to know who give them to the press as they are very family themed pics.

Her grandfather is quoted in the article, haven't got the paper here now but he is basically saying it is lovely that prince William and Kate are in love.

Wonder did he give the pictures to them?

Again the article is written like Kate and William are going to walk up the aisle soon, school friend says it is hard to believe someone she went to school with is going to be the Queen of England.

I kinda feel sorry for Kate, she is being built up and up and everyone is saying she is going to be William's wife, if it does nto happen it will be a bit of a anti-climax for her.

Personally I am getting sick of these stories, just seem a bit boring now.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can only imagine the amount of phone calls the family must be getting from the press. the fact that the only thing he said was he glad they are in love only shows he may have been frustrated with the harrasment. Anyone associated with Kate growing up may have decided to cash in with the photos.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

The pressure on Kate must be absoulutely incredible but it appears that she's holding up brilliantly.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
The pressure on Kate must be absoulutely incredible but it appears that she's holding up brilliantly.
Yes, from what we can determine, Kate is passing this stage of the test very well.
Next up will be to see how she handles the media ambush.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
I agree, and throughout all of the pressure she appears to be coping extremely well!

The only thing that concerns me is that (like with Diana, Sarah, and Sophie) although the press are building her up at the moment and placing her on a pedestal, the press can soon knock her down!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Yes, the press has played "flavor of the month" with the royal in-laws, with disastrous results for two of those ladies. (I wonder what saved Sophie from following in their footsteps.)
Old 09-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Courtier

any guesses on Kate's height? I'd say 5'9".
Old 09-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
any guesses on Kate's height? I'd say 5'9".
Yeah, I'd agree with you on that.

If William is 6ft 3in, I would say Kate is around 5ft 9ins/5ft 10ins.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Yes, the press has played "flavor of the month" with the royal in-laws, with disastrous results for two of those ladies. (I wonder what saved Sophie from following in their footsteps.)
I'm guessing it has something to do with the following:

1) Sophie was much older than Diana or Sarah when she married Edward, and she had a much longer courtship, allowing her to adapt to the changes of royal life. In addition, she did not marry the heir to the throne, so she did not have the same pressure or level of interest that Diana had.

2) She was Chairman of a Public Relations business, which would no doubt have proved beneficial too as she would know the inside workings of the press and how to handle certain situations!

3) She appears to have had a lot of support from Edward and their families. It has been said that she was soon a firm favourite with Edward's parents. In addition, she was given certain priveleges normally only given to a royal finacee, such as when she attended the decommissioning of the Britannia, and when she attended the Queen and Prince Philip's Golden Wedding celebrations. She was allowed to attend Easter Service at Windsor too a couple of months before her wedding - something Camilla, or other royal finacees were not.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope the press doesn't cause William to have the same experience his father did, with one girlfriend after another being chased away by, among other things, hysterical press attention. Kate must be wondering what on earth she's got herself into - her whole family and all her acquaintances will be being harassed nonstop as long as she's William's girlfriend, but she'll have quite a lifestyle reality check if she backs out of the relationship.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Nobility

The yahoo group WilliamDaily already has the whole article and all the pictures up! You have to be a member, of course.

for those who have seen the pictures...it's as if they purposely published the worst pictures of her! I don't believe her family was involved in this since the pictures are so horrible and such bad quality and they seem like very private people. The quote from her grandfather stymies me though..
Old 10-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Nobility

There is another article about Kate. This time from Hello Magazine. It's about her riding the bus. Kinda boring, but it's a new picture nonetheless!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if Kate Middleton has a security guard? There was some press in the States about her getting security. The possible need for security (due to her higher profile) was cited as a good reason for William and Kate living at Clarence House.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
There is another article about Kate. This time from Hello Magazine. It's about her riding the bus. Kinda boring, but it's a new picture nonetheless!
Whoa! I usually ride the bus twice a day, it's not that interesting! However, I suppose everything you do is interesting when you're dating a future King!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Courtier

more piccs from isifa

http://www.isifa.com

tip kate middleton....
Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Nobility

She seems so sad??
Old 10-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Nobility

Just wondering,why doesn't she go shopping with her friends?Maybe she will feel better?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Courtier

More photos of her...

http://www.fotobank.com/photo/report.html?id=R018-3125
Old 10-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Royal Highness

i took the #19 once....didn't get my pic taken tho...LOL

Tags
kate middleton