Kate Middleton Current Events 1: July-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton at the Gatcombe Park Horse Trials

Source: Rex Features

Attachments

• 539895D.jpg
    539895D.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 539895C.jpg
    539895C.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 539895B.jpg
    539895B.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 539895A.jpg
    539895A.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 538810E.jpg
    538810E.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 538810D.jpg
    538810D.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 538810C.jpg
    538810C.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 538810B.jpg
    538810B.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 538810A.jpg
    538810A.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 538807I.jpg
    538807I.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 204
Kate Middleton at GP continued

Source: Rex again

Attachments

• 538807E.jpg
    538807E.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 538807D.jpg
    538807D.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 538807C.jpg
    538807C.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 538807B.jpg
    538807B.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 288
:( No, I'm sorry but I don't like her. And, above all, I don't like her clothes at all.

I personally do not think that they are looking for the same kind of fame that came with Diana. To be honest, I think they found it to be a nuisance. They are probably wanting William to settle down with someone who will fit in with the family and get to work doing charity and trying to prove that she is worthy of being a royal. I don't think that William wants the type of celebrity that his mother became. Also, let's face it, Diana courted the media in a big way and when it turned on her and bit her in the butt, she complained. She used the media and it became a beast that she could not control.

I like Kate. She seems nice enough. I like the way she dresses too. I like her belt in the rex pics a lot. It goes well with the jeans and "cowgirl" look. It's appropriate for the Gatcombe Park set, I think. I am sure she is a very good friend to William. Their close relationship seems to be somewhat like what Charles has with Camilla. Like Camilla, Kate is discreet. She is a friend to William, someone he can trust, and she provides the level of discretion that he obviously would always require.

Maybe she is a nice girl (I'm not well informed about her yet ;) ), but... her trousers are not! :( The jacket is OK, and also the hat. But I can't accept that kind of trousers, with such a low waist. I know they are very VERY (TOO much) fashionable now, many (most?) women wear them now, they're in every shop and there's almost no choice! Believe me, I'm desperate! I'll never wear them. I think they are unacceptable.

:D

I just looked at the pics again. I noticed for the first time that she has a little bit of a tummy. I think the sweater makes it show more than things she's worn in the past. Plus, the belt looks pretty tight.

ElisaR said:
Maybe she is a nice girl (I'm not well informed about her yet ;) ), but... her trousers are not! :( The jacket is OK, and also the hat. But I can't accept that kind of trousers, with such a low waist. I know they are very VERY (TOO much) fashionable now, many (most?) women wear them now, they're in every shop and there's almost no choice! Believe me, I'm desperate! I'll never wear them. I think they are unacceptable.

:p :p :D :D :D Haha!!I agree with you about the fashion thing.Personally, I don't think she has that much of fashion sense.:)

Tzu An said:
Hoping to get fame and approval of the press is the wrong way to go about picking a wife for William. They need someone who will earn the respect and admiration of the public over time, not insta-popularity.

What is it you really dislike about Kate? To be honest, she rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

She just seems so Fake.Like she's is putting on this show just to please the royal family.I just don't buy this whole thing.Sorry, but I just don't like her!:(

just and wait and see when she gets her hands on that full and extended wallet of William,what kinda fashion icon she'll make!:D

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
just and wait and see when she gets her hands on that full and extended wallet of William,what kinda fashion icon she'll make!:D

True!!!:D :D :p :p :D :D

ElisaR said:

I don't think wearing low-rise jeasn are unacceptable, I mean, e've already seen Kate modelling in her underwear on a runway.:cool: :p

Just a quick note, but isn't everyone being a little too hard on Kate when they haven't met her. Poor girl...you can't judge someone when you don't know them. Especially not by their choice of clothes. Come on now how about having a subject other than talking about how much you don't like Kate.

Last edited:
about her being fake supposedly

What if you were dating William? Wouldn't you want to impress his family and friends? In the case of the royal family, it's so much worse, like dating the son/daughter of a head of state, of course you'd be on your best behavior, and worried about making a misstep! Don't pretend you wouldn't because everyone would! It's terrible to be scrutinized like that, in the public eye to such an extent. It's a lot of pressure to be "perfect".

Alisa said:
I don't think wearing low-rise jeasn are unacceptable, I mean, e've already seen Kate modelling in her underwear on a runway.:cool: :p
i agree there's nothing wrong with low rise jeans...i wear them :rolleyes: and i don't know why people don't like her when they don't even know her...i'm not saying i like her - to me she looks like any average girl who doesn't dress that bad...but from the sounds of some of the posts it portrays her as if she is a walking fashion disaster - she ain't that bad i've definitely seen worse

I'm not saying that I like her or don't like her. I'm simply saying that I personally don't know her therefore I don't judge her and think that the conversation in the forum could have a little more depth to it rather than being so superficial.

But most of us don't know any of the royals, so we have to go with the little that we know. Therefore, it is ok for ppl to express their opinion based on what they are feeling.

I really like Kate, but I kind of feel weird about something. But as long as WIlliam is happy. I do think that she will prove to be a great asset to the BRF.

Reina said:
But most of us don't know any of the royals, so we have to go with the little that we know. Therefore, it is ok for ppl to express their opinion based on what they are feeling.

Right most of don't personally know any of the royals, that is why we debate about what we hear or read about them. So we can learn about different point of views. I don't see anything wrong with desiding if you like someone or don't.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Their close relationship seems to be somewhat like what Charles has with Camilla.

:D :D :D I hope it won't turn like the "real Charles & Camilla story ":D :D :D
....sorry if the joke was bad... I just couldn't help it.

ElisaR said:

whats the probs. with the trousers? everyone's wearing them . I don't think she like's to show a lots of skin anyway. But if she did, she has some nice sporty legs to show.:eek:

segolen said:
whats the probs. with the trousers? everyone's wearing them . I don't think she like's to show a lots of skin anyway. But if she did, she has some nice sporty legs to show.:eek:

That is true. Everyone's wearing them. Kate wouldn't dare wear something noone else is wearing.

I understand the point about trousers, but I think they are bad taste. I chose not to wear them, because I like sensible clothing. I'm not saying that she's is a bad gird because of her trousers (and I know a lot of people wearing them).
My hope is that this fashion ends in a few years. :rolleyes:

Listen up folks, whether or not Kate marries William is really immaterial. I haven't read a lot about Kate Middleton other than she went to school with William and they lived together. Now, they're going to be sharing his apartment in London. Cool. At least William is following his heart. If he decides he wants to marry her, it's his decision not ours.

I mean it if were up to popularity polls, we the people would pick and choose who our royals would marry right? :) If that were true, Charles would never have married Camilla. At least at one point, Camilla was very unpopular. Personally, I don't like Camilla but I don't have to be married to her either :)

ok, just because we don't pick her, doesn't mean we can't talk about her. We have watched Will grow up. It is natural for us to want, what we believe, to be the best for him. Our opinion does have some bearing on who he marries. Like you said you don't like Camilla, People don't want Charles to be king because her. Princes have abdicated the throne because the public didn't like their wife. If Will marries someone no one likes, it could harm his public relations.

I've just had a look at all the pictures on this thread. Now I must admit I generally like how she dresses. At least she doesn't dress like a teenager (as many of her age still do).

I couldn't see what colour her eyes are. In one picture they looked blue-grey or blue-green, but I'm not sure. I need help... :D

I changed my mind about her style when I saw this picture: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=177423
Her earrings are classy! A classical shape and a pearl. I have a pair of earrings just like hers; in addition mine have a (little ;) ) brilliant just above the pearl, like the Queen's. In fact, my earrings are identical to a pair of Queen Victoria's. (When I was in the shop, 5 years ago, I tried a pair of earrings identical to the Queen's! I didn't buy them because they seemed to me a little uncomfortable, but if I had known how the Queen's earrings were... :rolleyes: ).

However, I wonder if the pearl in the picture is true. It seems fake - and this would be a nonsense, as Kate is by far richer than me. :confused: :D

Harry's polo shirt said:
ok, just because we don't pick her, doesn't mean we can't talk about her. We have watched Will grow up. It is natural for us to want, what we believe, to be the best for him. Our opinion does have some bearing on who he marries. Like you said you don't like Camilla, People don't want Charles to be king because her. Princes have abdicated the throne because the public didn't like their wife. If Will marries someone no one likes, it could harm his public relations.

Well said!!:) ;)

Maybe the lower waisted jeans fit her better. Personally, I have an incredibly difficult time finding pants that fit my waist and a lower rise is a godsend. Personally, I will be very sad when they go out of fashion. As long as someone isn't flashing miles of stomach I don't understand what the problem is. I think she looks perfectly tasteful. Her middle is covered.

I personally have difficulty finding jeans that are non low rise. They are so popular at the moment. Plus, I have a long torso and a tiny bump for a tummy so like everyone, trying to find the perfect jeans is a bit of a challenge. I personally think her style is fine. She on the verge of changing from college coed to working woman. Her style reflects this. A bit of classic, A bit of personal taste, a bit of trendy. I think she will do fine. One thing she isn't doing is calling attention to herself. Which is good.

I wish her and William well. At least they are taking time with their relationship.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom