Kate Middleton Current Events 1: July-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry's polo shirt said:
I think they are going very fast. College romances are one thing, but now that college is over they have to really focus on their lives and independance.

Thank You!

I think it's smart to give media training. Regardless of how long the romance lasts, and whether they ultimately marry, they are going to be living together, so at least for the next few months (years?) she is going to be followed by the press.

Diana and Fergie complained (unendingly) about getting no help from the Palace and having to figure it out on their own. So help with something the Palace knows will be a problem (the press) makes sense and will be very helpful to Kate.

Lastly, we don't really know what "media training" means - someday sitting down with her for 30 minutes and and saying don't say anything revealing about Wills, about anyone in the Family, about yourself. Or something more thorough: how to dress in public/for the camera, how to present yourself, how to answer questions with style and substance, mannerisms to be aware of; practicing being on camera, followed/hounded, and how to react, etc.

Media training makes sense on many levels. For those listed above, and if for none other then, Kate is going to be known for the rest of her life (whether she were to marry William or not) as a girlfriend of a future King.

Last edited:
Britters said:
Media training makes sense on many levels. For those listed above, and if for none other then, Kate is going to be known for the rest of her life (whether she were to marry William or not) and a girlfriend of a future King.
Never thought of it that way.

Prince Charles ex-girlfriends get little media checkins once in a long while...so after they break up and Will moves on she wont have that much attention anymore. It would be sad to be known the rest of your life as someones girlfriend.

I would not be too sad about it, there are lots of people who will adore her for it, untill she is a very, very old lady.
And he might marry her still.

Harry's polo shirt said:
Prince Charles ex-girlfriends get little media checkins once in a long while...so after they break up and Will moves on she wont have that much attention anymore. It would be sad to be known the rest of your life as someones girlfriend.

I don't get what it is about Kate that makes everyone think she would be popular. She just seems bland to me. Am I missing something?

regardez said:
I don't get what it is about Kate that makes everyone think she would be popular. She just seems bland to me. Am I missing something?

That she has Will's attention almost for 24/7

Sorry, I guess I didn't make my question clear. I mean why do people (in previous posts in this thread) think that the Royal family only likes her based on her potential popularity?

regardez said:

Because if she does marry William, and I'm not saying I think she will or won't, I think that with some fashion advice from someone like Anna Wintour (who "advised" Diana on fashion and style) and the primping of royal stylists, Kate would probably look just as glamorous as Letizia, Mary, Sophie, all the others. Marrying into the royal family would change her on so many levels, but it is important to remember it would also change her appearance. Who knows how she will look all dolled-up in tiaras and historic jewels.

Now with so many people looking towards democracy the monarcy is in danger of collapse. The royal family needs someone to get the publics love and affection. Diana is gone, Harry is making to many people angry, I wont even go there with Prince Charles. Will is the only hope, who he is dating and who he eventually marries has to be a wonderful girl in order to achieve admiration from the public. That is probably why they are spending so much time and care with Kate. They don't want her to freak out if she becomes a princess.

that true,harry'spoloshirts let Diana in rest in peace

but we have wait and see but i would like see Kate become Crown Princess and Queen one days when she married to Prince William

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom