The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal News William's girlfriend Kate gets media training

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/88782004.htm

Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, has been given media training by Clarence House. Clarence House has given Kate lessons in how to cope with the increasing interest in her private life.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Oh boy, this is getting serious, I mean, okay, no need to rush, and they are young and all that, but im sure Prince Charles' girlfriends NEVER got training of any sort, u know, how to handle media and stuff. Or did they? Can we name one girlfriend who was thought to be the one, and they media went into a frenzy about her, but it was all just hype?

Old 08-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

cd1, you're right, none of Prince Charles' girlfriends got media training. If they had, Sarah Spencer might have had some discretion and would have married him before Diana got a chance!

But it seems, in my recollection, that all of Charles' girlfriends got hype: Davina Sheffield, Whiplash (forgot her real name)Wallace, Lady Jane Wellesley, Sarah Spencer, and ultimately Diana. And it only got worse as Charles got older because it was inevitable that he had to marry somebody.

Just hope that William and Kate take their time and don't let people push them into a marriage they're not ready for.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
But it seems, in my recollection, that all of Charles' girlfriends got hype: Davina Sheffield, Whiplash (forgot her real name)Wallace, Lady Jane Wellesley....,
I think it was Anna Wallace.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
Royal News William's girlfriend Kate gets media training

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/88782004.htm

Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, has been given media training by Clarence House. Clarence House has given Kate lessons in how to cope with the increasing interest in her private life.
I don't know why is she being given training, I for one don't care about her personal or up comming life.However I can understand their concern, after Diana they just want to play it safe.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky24
If Kate really does love William, then she will have to understand that she is now a target for the paparazzand learn to deal with it. I agree to their privacy issues, but that's what happens when you're in the spotlight or associated with someone in it.
Thank-you!:)
Old 09-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy

I understand about traing Kate, but it seems they to far and too fast. How do they know if Wills and Kate are even going to last!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky24
I understand about traing Kate, but it seems they to far and too fast. How do they know if Wills and Kate are even going to last!
They must know something otherwise I don't think they'd go through all this trouble....
Old 09-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think they are going very fast. College romances are one thing, but now that college is over they have to really focus on their lives and independance.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

No highland fling, Kate?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005410060,00.html
Old 09-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think they are going very fast. College romances are one thing, but now that college is over they have to really focus on their lives and independance.

Thank You!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Courtier

is it true that she was born in America?
http://portals.buildcontent.com/view...te%20Middleton
Old 09-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
is it true that she was born in America?
http://portals.buildcontent.com/view...te%20Middleton
no, it's not true
Old 09-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Nobility

I think it's smart to give media training. Regardless of how long the romance lasts, and whether they ultimately marry, they are going to be living together, so at least for the next few months (years?) she is going to be followed by the press.

Diana and Fergie complained (unendingly) about getting no help from the Palace and having to figure it out on their own. So help with something the Palace knows will be a problem (the press) makes sense and will be very helpful to Kate.

Lastly, we don't really know what "media training" means - someday sitting down with her for 30 minutes and and saying don't say anything revealing about Wills, about anyone in the Family, about yourself. Or something more thorough: how to dress in public/for the camera, how to present yourself, how to answer questions with style and substance, mannerisms to be aware of; practicing being on camera, followed/hounded, and how to react, etc.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Media training makes sense on many levels. For those listed above, and if for none other then, Kate is going to be known for the rest of her life (whether she were to marry William or not) as a girlfriend of a future King.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

pics of her in clasos. http://www.clasos.com/clasos/present...ategoria=stock
Old 09-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Media training makes sense on many levels. For those listed above, and if for none other then, Kate is going to be known for the rest of her life (whether she were to marry William or not) and a girlfriend of a future King.
Never thought of it that way.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles ex-girlfriends get little media checkins once in a long while...so after they break up and Will moves on she wont have that much attention anymore. It would be sad to be known the rest of your life as someones girlfriend.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would not be too sad about it, there are lots of people who will adore her for it, untill she is a very, very old lady.
And he might marry her still.

Quote:
Prince Charles ex-girlfriends get little media checkins once in a long while...so after they break up and Will moves on she wont have that much attention anymore. It would be sad to be known the rest of your life as someones girlfriend.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Nobility

I don't get what it is about Kate that makes everyone think she would be popular. She just seems bland to me. Am I missing something?

Tags
kate middleton