Kate Middleton Current Events 9: June 14-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Kate Middleton Current Events thread, part 9: June 2006-

Part 8 covering the period May-June 2006 can be found here.

coolgirl - you can't even compare the two but just to make sure i'm not misunderstanding you - you're saying that if a person doesn't want to speak to someone, that makes them uncompassionate? i will answer your question - there are people that i encounter throughout the day that i don't want to speak with but that doesn't mean that i would lack compassion in a situation that would require it.

I don't like her outfit, she looks like a girl from the farm :p
She needs a personal stylist.
Her hair looks cute ;)

karla64 said:
new photos... pretty low cut dress.. also her hair look not good..
can click......
http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=kate+middleton&c=news_photos

She dresses like a 40 year old. I wasn't convinced about the engagement rumours before. But the raising of her profile since cheltenham really makes me think they are engaged. She's gradually being introduced to the public. Which I think is a shame. Not to want to bring up an old and worn out topic:D, but does anyone else think the lifestyle Kate leads shopping, going to parties etc, is on a par with that of an IT girl?

i like her style but i wonder why she never does anything different with her hair. i think she'd look great with it swept up.

I feel bad for Kate. She's a normal girl, trying to lead a normal life, but she falls for this incredibly high-profile boyfriend. Suddenly everything that she was able to do freely before becomes fodder to fuel media attacks. Sometimes she could dress better, and most times, she could do worse. She and William obviously make eachother happy, otherwise they wouldn't be together. I mean look at what Camilla and Charles had to get past to be together. Diana was wonderful, but she wasn't his "love". Here is someone that William may love... do we want to pick him a Diana instead?

linneatherose said:
I feel bad for Kate. She's a normal girl, trying to lead a normal life, but she falls for this incredibly high-profile boyfriend. Suddenly everything that she was able to do freely before becomes fodder to fuel media attacks. Sometimes she could dress better, and most times, she could do worse. She and William obviously make eachother happy, otherwise they wouldn't be together. I mean look at what Camilla and Charles had to get past to be together. Diana was wonderful, but she wasn't his "love". Here is someone that William may love... do we want to pick him a Diana instead?

you have a point there... ;)

She is living the life of an upper class girl. Lots of people do not need to work for a living. There are many different life styles and hers is not unusual.
Besides, she looks cute and fresh - no need to start looking like another cookie cutter royalty.

linneatherose said:
I feel bad for Kate. She's a normal girl, trying to lead a normal life, but she falls for this incredibly high-profile boyfriend.
I grok what you mean, but please, let's keep things in perspective here. First of, Kate's one of <the> last people in the entire British empire I'd be inclined to feel sorry for.

And "leading a normal life"? What is so normal about not working long boring hours for a living, yet having all the disposable income in the world to shop and consume and shop again, like the entire future of the Common Wealth depended on it? Indeed, nothing , nothing at all. For all Diana's faults, at least the woman, pre-charles, baby-sat bratty kids for a living on a daily basis. What's Kate doing with her time? What's her passion, besides William? Where are HER sparks?

Now, I'm not try8ing to tell Kate what to do with her time, but certainly she could do <something>? Please keep in mind I know next to nothing about the girl, but all I see of her is pictures of her shopping. Of course, this could well be due to the lazyness of the paparazzi, most of whom might be too hung over to witness kate when she descends from her house at 5 am in the morning on her way to her job working the assembly line at the local widget factory, or when she goes volunteering at the local shelter for baby foxes who got orphaned due to continuing hunting practices of the British elite who are clinging to their hard-won hobbies..
As you can tell, I'm being facetious here, but again, I find Kate pretty sparkless if she indeed leads the life the many pictures portray her as leading..

linneatherose said:
She and William obviously make eachother happy, otherwise they wouldn't be together. I mean look at what Camilla and Charles had to get past to be together. Diana was wonderful, but she wasn't his "love". Here is someone that William may love... do we want to pick him a Diana instead?
Now there I totally agree with you.

Kate is relatively new to the public forum, guys. If she does indeed marry William, even if they just get engaged and have a long engagement like Edward and Sophie, it will take awhile for her grope around and find her niche. It takes most public figures time to find their areas where they want to work and make a difference in. If being a princess is her future, she will get it eventually and find her niche. She won't have a choice. And as her being an alleged shopaholic, that's all we have pics of her doing because that's what the paparazzi can get. They can't get pics of her inside a work place or inside her home. When people go out, they are either on the way to work, going to shop, or doing some other superficial activity. She should do charity, you might say, but ask yourself, Do you do charity work? Some of you probably do, don't be insulted, but my point is, it's easy to criticize someone when you don't have all the facts and you are outside looking in.

Last edited:
princess olga said:
Please keep in mind I know next to nothing about the girl

We're all in the same boat you are. Kate is keeping a very low profile to the public so we really don't know much about her.

You may have a point about the papparazzi being lazy though you were being facetious. If she's keeping a low profile the only places we are going to see her is going in and out of shops. Its an easy way to get a pic but it doesn't mean that shopping is all she does.

Can anyone tell anything me about Kate's younger siblings? I know she's got a little brother and sister, but that's about it. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am not a Kate expert at all, but I like what very little I know about her. She impresses me with every new knowledge. :)

I really like this board, I can't say that enough.

I agree with the person who made the refreshing observation that we only see Kate shopping because that is all the paparazzi is able to snap. A few days ago Kate was photographed with what appeared to be some sort of portfolio in her hand. I'm sure she has things up her sleeve and plans for a future career or business endeavor(s). She is a young wealthy woman and unlike most, she has been blessed with the luxury to take her time to figure out her next move(s) and maintain a serious relationship with a future monarch. She must be careful how she chooses.

I hope this is the girl that William will eventually settle down with. She is lovely, seems to be discreet and has a good education system which I'm sure will stand her in good stead when marrying into the BRF.

Stellad

A reminder this is the Kate Middleton current events thread.
Since none of us know what she does it's pretty pointless indulging in endless speculation.
Nor do we want the same tedious repetition of comments and rehashing of arguments that have already been made, at length, in the previous 8 threads.

If there's nothing new (or original) to say, it's best to wait until there is.

thanks.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Somebody thinks like me that she looks a lot like Princess Mary?

There is an item on the Hello! website (www.hellomagazine.com) regarding the shop opening mentioned above which is interesting - apparently Kate's not that 'in' to fashion!

Lizy said:
There is an item on the Hello! website (www.hellomagazine.com) regarding the shop opening mentioned above which is interesting - apparently Kate's not that 'in' to fashion!

Wow, I don't like her outfit but she looks good and I love her quote! "I'm not fussed about fashion, just here to support Belle and John!" She already sounds like a haughty royal, it's great! OT, Freddie Windsor looks so hot. I've been a lukewarm admirer of him mostly, but that new haircut does wonders for his face.:D

Thanks for the link. It said that Kate's sister Pippa was there too, does anyone have a picture of Pippa? Was she the girl who accompanied Kate to Cheltenham?

English Rose said:
Thanks for the link. It said that Kate's sister Pippa was there too, does anyone have a picture of Pippa? Was she the girl who accompanied Kate to Cheltenham?

I think she was.

I think Kate looks great here!

Kate Steals the Show at Glitzy West End Bash

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/06/15/katemiddleton/#enviar
15 JUNE 2006

"Kate Middleton's popularity, both with the Royal Family and the British media, owes a great deal to her down-to-earth approach and obvious social ease. It's clear that Prince William's girlfriend feels at home in her new role, whether it entails spending time with her royal beau's family or mingling with celebs, as she was at a glitzy West End bash this week."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/06/15/katemiddleton/

at least the woman, pre-charles, baby-sat bratty kids for a living on a daily basis.
And worked in a nursery and did housekeeping for her sister Sarah. Plus when she owned a flat in Chelsea, she did the majority of the chores willingly enough.

It's clear that Prince William's girlfriend feels at home in her new role, whether it entails spending time with her royal beau's family or mingling with celebs, as she was at a glitzy West End bash this week."
Who wouldn't feel at ease living a life of leisure and luxury with royalty and celebs? I must be strange though, I wouldn't like mingling with celebs.

Last edited:
Maybe Iam the only one, but I really don't like her hair. I like her dress though.:)

If you're going to have long hair, do something with it. I don't like how she has this mass of hair in front of her face. They have hair clips and barrettes for a reason. During one of her shopping trips, she should pick some up. Sometimes the bangs stayed in place, and other times they hung right in her eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom