The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Nobility

Why would she not park inside Clarence House?? Find that a bit weird, surely all we should see is her driving out not walking down a street.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
The media has said that Kate is taking classes on "media training" organized by the Palace press office. Is this only an assumption or was it confirmed by a Buckingham Palace spokesperson?
Just media hype and speculation!

Old 06-21-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Just media hype and speculation!
Oh ok. Maybe she is receiving some type of informal guidance, though. Otherwise, I can't see how the media could invent something like that completely from thin air. She does seem to have a nice rapport with members of William's staff.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Why would she not park inside Clarence House?? Find that a bit weird, surely all we should see is her driving out not walking down a street.
i think so too. if she really doesnt want to harvest media attention, which she surely will if she parked her car outside, why would she carelessly do that?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Commoner

I'd like to think that if Kate was spending the night with William (which is fine with me, not that my opinion will influence them anyway! lol) that William, Charles and other royals would not MAKE her park her car inside. So I'm thinking that she's not really leaving after spending the night there, she could be picking up some stuff, or anything. Becuase why wouldn't they make her park her car inside? It doesn't make sense.

But she looks fantastic, I'm really warming to Kate, I think she's just lovely
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Nobility

I agree. I don't believe she was actually leaving Clarence House the second that photo was taken. I think she could have been outside of her apartment. She's stayed overnight at Clarence House a zillion times by now, I'm sure she's parked inside before. BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHERE SHE PARKS ANYWAY??? OY VEY!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:02 AM

Hahahaha. This is too funny. You girls make a very good point. Fleet Street obviously missed a major consideration when touting the horn on this latest "news". Why would Kate pay a meter to park on the street when she can take advantage of the free parking inside the St James Palace walls? That is funny, though. I wonder how the Palace parking works, though. Surely the staff have to get passes that expire so often to put in their dashboards for parking inside the palace grounds, but I wonder if the cars of VIP and family guests have to get passes too.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

new!
WTA – Pre Wimbledon Party - Outside Arrivals

wireimage

she looks great!
Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Aristocracy

And to think she is supposed to be discreet. I am changing my mind on Kate and feel that she is using her status - "girlfriend" of the future king of england to attend these kind of events. Richard Branson was there and as Kate was on holiday with Holly that would probably be where the invitation came from, but does anyone else feel that as a "girlfriend" of the future king she seems to enjoy the celebrity limelight more?

Oh and the news about her with a police walkie talkie was a joke from Harry telling Kate to give it to Wills because Wills forgot it from rushing off to play polo. I can't believe all of you thought that it was Kates but I must say that the press can seem believable at times..lol
Old 06-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

^ She's lost my respect
Old 06-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Well William can't complain about the press intrusion anymore when Kate puts herself in front of the camera!

So stupid really, they have shot themselves in the foot. Before, when they complained she was just an "ordinary" girl, but once you start going to events that you know will have camera's there then you become public property.

Kate really seems to be like a social butterfly at the moment, she went to that fashion opening to support the owners but does not follow fashion.
Basically she went and got media attention for the people.

Now going to this party... why? I thought she was meant to keep her head down and not want to be in the limelight.

I am not saying she can not go out etc but the events she is choosing to go to seem to be very media followed, not private events.

Just seems she is or always was that type of girl I never wanted to see William with.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

First people were complaining because we never saw Kate and now they're complaining that we are! It seems no matter how the facts change, the complaining remains the same.

Its natural for a young girl to go out and if the press is going to follow Kate, its a lot more considerate of her to go where the media is already there than to go to a private event where the media could intrude on her and everyone else's privacy.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

^ I don't think any of us complained to not see enough of her. It's just that before all she did was shop. It was nice to see her at polo events.

Yes I can understand the press following her around, but why go to these celebrity type events when she complained to the press earlier that she has done nothing to gain publicity?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Administrator

She is friends/associates with Holly Branson. Branson has a party and Kate attends. And now this is a problem?

So let me get this straight.......because she attends a party she has no right to complain about the press taking pics of her shopping, getting money out of an ATM or riding the bus. Sorry..don't see the correlation. The big difference is that she knew the press was going to be there so she knew what to expect. Its highly different when you are going about your day.

This brings me to another question....what exactly does Kate have to do to please some of you. From what I gather she should do the following (in no particular order): get a job, smile at all times, have no problem with the press taking pics of you at all times (cause you are dating a prince but are not yet royal), not attend any public parties, etc. Did I miss anything? Should she just sit at home and wait for William to marry her?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
It's just that before all she did was shop.
Really? That's all she did? How do you know? Or are you making a sweeping generalisation based on nothing but some paparazzi pics?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
i find this very odd!!!! and schelping her own bag, is she really leaving williams or her own place? location look familiar? it just seems so rude to not allow her to park inside and why bring unseemly attention on their relationship (whether we assume as normal 20+ yr olds who've been together along time sleep together). it justs seems bizarre and unnecessary

the BEST i've ever seen her look was at the polo game, great overall package and the walkie talkie thing just shows the media love to make up good headlines lol.
ya'll are correct about courting the press, like a tiger its just better to not get too close, they love eating you up and spitting you out it make $$$$$$
Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Commoner

Kate Middleton should be allowed to have fun and a life without all of us judging her. Without the media (right or wrong) we'd know nothing about this young woman. Without her connection with Prince William she would just be another individual. So what do we really want? I think we all just enjoy the gossip of all? Any opinions???
Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
^ I don't think any of us complained to not see enough of her. It's just that before all she did was shop. It was nice to see her at polo events.

Yes I can understand the press following her around, but why go to these celebrity type events when she complained to the press earlier that she has done nothing to gain publicity?
Well because she's only 24 and she may have figured out that if the press is going to follow her, she's better off going to some publicized events so the press can get their story on something she can live with without the press having to make up stuff which has been the majority of Kate coverage lately.

Dealing with the press is not a science; it can be a hit and miss type of thing.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Oh and the news about her with a police walkie talkie was a joke from Harry telling Kate to give it to Wills because Wills forgot it from rushing off to play polo. I can't believe all of you thought that it was Kates but I must say that the press can seem believable at times..lol
Wherefrom did you know that?

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton