The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Administrator

Kate Middleton Current Events 8: May-June 2006

Welcome to Kate Middleton current events Part 8.

Part 7 can be found here.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:23 AM
Aristocracy

Originally Posted by GömdNatt
actually, isn't William's title HRH Prince William of Wales...therefore...wouldn't Kate (if they married) be HRH Princess William of Wales? [IMG]../ugala/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Quote:
Yes, but the expectation would be that William would be granted a Royal Dukedom on the day of his wedding.
I wonder why that is an expectation since such a title would wind up being irrelevent when Charles assumes the throne.

Why not just use a courtesy title from one of Charles' subsidiary titles, such as Duke of Rothesay (which he'll be entitled to anyway once he becomes heir apparent)?

Old 05-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Gentry

KATE'SCHELSY ROYAL MODEL
http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

hm...it could be true..but ya never know.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
actually, isn't William's title HRH Prince William of Wales...therefore...wouldn't Kate (if they married) be HRH Princess William of Wales? [IMG]../ugala/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Kate or whoever would be Princess William of Wales while ever Charles is alive. She would not be Kate or whoever, Princess of Wales.

The thread Warren cleverly pointed out seems to explain it better than I can. :)
Old 05-16-2006, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sadly, I personally know over a dozen of last years graduates that have been unable to get work, even at MacDonalds and with the press and security problems, I should think it is even harder for Kate.

To get any job, she will be judged harshly. If someone offers her a job, they will be accused of just giving it to her because she is dating William, then there will be the reports that Miss X, Y or Z was passed over to give her a job, that she didn't deserve, etc, etc, etc..

I thought she was working for her parents anyway.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Many people work for their familie's business. How do we know she's not doing filing or whatever tehy need? I don't think it's that big of a deal, and it would probably be difficult for her to find a job in the private sector. (And all her coworkers would talk to the press!) I could understand why she would want to just work for her family
Old 05-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc

I wonder why that is an expectation since such a title would wind up being irrelevent when Charles assumes the throne.

Why not just use a courtesy title from one of Charles' subsidiary titles, such as Duke of Rothesay (which he'll be entitled to anyway once he becomes heir apparent)?
It depends on when William actually marries. Obviously, if he marries once Charles is King, then he will have plenty of titles for his wife to be styled by.

But if he marries while The Queen still reigns (which is likely), than he will be granted a dukedom as the spare to the throne so his wife won't have to carry the style and title of "HRH Princess William".

The Dukedom of Rothesay can only be held by the heir to the throne and is never used as a courtesy title by the eldest son.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Royal Highness

Kate's job position doesn't make me upset. As stated by other posters, her co-workers might talk to the press, there are security issues, and many people might say she doesn't deserve the job even though she has a degree and everything. There are many graudates from credible schools who are having a hard time finding a job. There just aren't enough jobs to go around right now. It's nice that Kate's parents are well off enough to support her if necessary. And working for your family is really not that unusual. If we saw her shopping and getting pedicures everyday, then I would be worried. But we don't, so we really can't say anything about her situation right now.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:15 AM
Aristocracy

An article about Kate and William at Laura Parker-Bowles' wedding in Gala:

http://www.gala.de/topstories/index.html?id=105018

Let me warn you before hand I'm an intermediate German speaker at best and I roughly translated this article on my own. I thought I would recap for those who don't really speak German.

I was just checking out Gala and they had a blurb about Laura Parker-Bowles being married. But more importantly they bring up PW, Kate, and the friendhship ring that's on her finger that everyone seemed to be eyeing at the wedding. The article also says the two looked very much in love and "unencumbered" laughter could be heard from the lovey-dovey pair.

People are speculating about when these two are going to get engaged, especially since the two are fresh from their vacation at Mustique where they enjoyed romantic sunsets and playing frisbee on the beach. In the evenings they did Karaoke at Basil's Bar. Despite the hurdles that may be in the couple's (not sure what those hurdles are since Kate seems to be first class material) way, the article suggests that William seems determined to "seal the deal."

The articles ends saying that the newly Laura Lopes knew her husband for ten years before they wed and speculates on whether William is willing to wait that long.

Please forgive me for butchering the German language. Language is a passion of mine, but German is really hard to read and speak! LOL. Any German speakers feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy

where's that friendship ring??

photos pls
Old 05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Courtier

I peronally do not think she has one, Kate has been wearing those rings since she was photographed for the first time. I don't think they're from Wills, I think they are just rings she likes to wear.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if Kate likes to hunt? She wears animal skins and feathers in her hats. In the United States people are staying away from using killed animals as their clothing. Is it the same in Europe?:)
Old 05-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
Does anyone know if Kate likes to hunt? She wears animal skins and feathers in her hats. In the United States people are staying away from using killed animals as their clothing. Is it the same in Europe?:)
i may not be american but i can tell you that people in america are definitely not staying away from using killed animals clothing. they still wear leather and suede don't they?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Royal Highness

It's a bit hard to tell if they are real or fake furs. Some of the fake furs looks just like the real thing.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

those hats are such a british thing. I noticed that lately. She looks very tan, but we hardly see her at the beach. It must just be the lighting in the photo.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
those hats are such a british thing. I noticed that lately. She looks very tan, but we hardly see her at the beach. It must just be the lighting in the photo.
The tan is from her recent vacation from William; there were plenty of photos of that (though you're right, it's the only time we've seen pictures of her at the beach.) William looked tan at the wedding also, but they both looked tired. I think they jetted straight from their vacation to the wedding.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Commoner

have you seen william kissing ex atomic kitten at concert yesterday?It was in news of the world today.Poor Kate!
Old 05-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Royal Highness

Here is the link to NOTW:
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz5.shtml

Looks to me, it was Natasha Hamilton who was kissing William.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie2106
have you seen william kissing ex atomic kitten at concert yesterday?It was in news of the world today.Poor Kate!
It was just a friendly greeting. A peck on the cheek. Nothing for Kate to be upset about.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
It was just a friendly greeting. A peck on the cheek. Nothing for Kate to be upset about.

I agree! It doesn't look very serious to me, Kate has absolutely nothing to worry about. The ex-atomic kitten is clearly not dating material for the second in line!

Tags
kate middleton