Kate Middleton Current Events 8: May-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to The Royal Forums cannes. You chose an interesting way to introduce yourself to the community by questioning the sincerity of the posters here.

As far as myself, I am quite sincere when I state that I have not seen so much written over a person we know so little of and it is quite puzzling.

Why don't you try to get to know us better before you question someone's sincerity?

whomever she's smiling at, i hardly think it was for the paps who were meeting her along the way. :p

I know this isn’t from an official source, but I’ve just been having a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine from 6th form who I’ve been catching up with and thought I would share it. He was in the same year as William and Kate at St Andrews and graduated in the same ceremony last year. He sort of new them around the 2nd and 3rd year when they would all go to the same bars and clubs, but I don’t think he was in their group. Anyway, from what he told me about Kate if someone who she didn’t know that well or didn’t like would be talking to someone who she wanted to talk to she would try and phase them out of the conversation. He also said how he remembered one night out when he was trying to chat to her and she was waiting for William to arrive was being very short and then when William and his friends arrived she was all laughing and joking. I don’t know if this 100% true or whether its sour grapes on my friends part. But I know for a fact he went to St Andrews and he showed me some photos of William from when they were in the same rugby team.

everyone has their way of dealing with people, and that just sounds like her way.

I would worry more if everyone said Kate was amazing all the time, nobody is and of course you get days when you can not be bothered talking to just anybody.

He basically said that he thought Kate was gorgeous (which I don't dispute), but that she also had a way of dealing with people. The reason I found what he had to say about her interesting was because all that people have said about her from school and university is how lovely and discreet she is, and I suppose it's just a different opinion/ perspective on her.

yeah, we all have flaws and imperfections. :(

but if what English Rose has told is true, then she's be like a dorky princess.
doing charity work and all that other pubic duties when she really doesn't care at all at how others feel.

i mean, if she couldn't spare a minute or two for a fellow school mate who wanted to talk to her when she's still a commoner, then how could she spare a minute or two for the sick who wanted her care when she's already a princess? don't tell me she'll just be a pretend charitable lady coz that would be so awful.

Well if people at St. Andrews knew she was dating William, I think she has a right to be a little suspicious at people she didn't know talking to her. I'm sure some people would just honestly be friendly but other people might want to take advantage of that. I think she has a legitimate reason for not being that open.

I like it here. Hope I can remember how to find my way back every now and then! :)

Well I really think she is not William girlfriend! Have you think about that??? Why they are not seen together????

it was a very interesting post, English Rose. If Kate is really like that, than she is even less sympathetic to me than she was before.
English Rose said:
Anyway, from what he told me about Kate if someone who she didn’t know that well or didn’t like would be talking to someone who she wanted to talk to she would try and phase them out of the conversation. He also said how he remembered one night out when he was trying to chat to her and she was waiting for William to arrive was being very short and then when William and his friends arrived she was all laughing and joking.
If it is the case, she is not the kind of person I'd describe as nice. Phasing somebody out of a conversation just because I don't like or don't really know is NOT nice. If your friend tried to talk to her, he must have "known" her so Kate had to find him at least familiar from classes. I don't know what the custom is at British universities, but here in Hungary I talk to people, I go to the same seminars or lectures, even if I don't know their names (sometimes that happens :) ).
How could one take advantage of her at university (the beginning of their relationship)? She was just dating William, she wasn't his wife.
She was very happy and in a good mood when William and his friends arrived? But why just with them? As if she couldn't have any friends apart from them. It makes the whole situation appear as if she was trying hard to be (only) in their group. It is good to have lots of friends, especially at university.
Otherwise, isn't it the guy who is supposed to wait for a girl and not vica versa? :p
I don't know but this Kate girl seems pretty arrogant at times. And yes, I can't imagine her smiling and talking to, for instance, a little girl during a walkabout. Let alone cuddle a child, as Diana did several times.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ When I first joined this forum, I did say, as one of my friends went to Saint Andrews also that Kate isn't all that the press make her out to be. My friend met Kate when they were both waitresses for Henly Regatta in the summer. My friend is 2 years below Kate and studying History of Art as well. Kate's main purpose to go to Saint Andrews was to get Wills. And she also said that it was Bryony Daniels who was described as the top bird by male students, not Kate Middleton.

princesslily said:
^ When I first joined this forum, I did say, as one of my friends went to Saint Andrews also that Kate isn't all that the press make her out to be. My friend met Kate when they were both waitresses for Henly Regatta in the summer. My friend is 2 years below Kate and studying History of Art as well. Kate's main purpose to go to Saint Andrews was to get Wills. And she also said that it was Bryony Daniels who was described as the top bird by male students, not Kate Middleton.

Strong willed girl :)

melike2 said:
I know this isn’t from an official source, but I’ve just been having a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine from 6th form who I’ve been catching up with and thought I would share it. He was in the same year as William and Kate at St Andrews and graduated in the same ceremony last year. He sort of new them around the 2nd and 3rd year when they would all go to the same bars and clubs, but I don’t think he was in their group. Anyway, from what he told me about Kate if someone who she didn’t know that well or didn’t like would be talking to someone who she wanted to talk to she would try and phase them out of the conversation. He also said how he remembered one night out when he was trying to chat to her and she was waiting for William to arrive was being very short and then when William and his friends arrived she was all laughing and joking. I don’t know if this 100% true or whether its sour grapes on my friends part. But I know for a fact he went to St Andrews and he showed me some photos of William from when they were in the same rugby team..

We generally ask members to post information from actual news sources not their experiences or their friend's experiences with a royal or a celebrity.

This way we can all take a look at the source. We have had cases where people have pretended to know someone they didn't, and while I don't think that is happening here, no one can really question your friend's account because it isn't published anywhere for us to look at it.

I don't think the story is too shocking in itself; if its true Kate was acting like a lot of other girls I went to Universty with. Its more polite to phase someone out of a conversation you don't want to be in than to abruptly cut them off.

But we can't know all the details about the incident so I think we're better off sticking to published sources.

How can you say that Kate went to St. Andrews to "Get at Wills"?! She and every other female there could be accused of the same thing! I don't think Kate is particularly pretty but there must be something about her that attracts William. As for her manners.... Royals are raised to be polite to everyone and make it seem as if they are really interested in everyone they meet. As for the rest of us, we generally aren't held up to scrutiny. I guess you could say this a rude welcome for Kate to the world of press scrutiny.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Palace announce that William had chosen St Andrews once his A Level results were announced? In which case there is no way any female in his year could have possibly known where he was going.

I agree that most of the female contigency who were at St Andrews at the same time as William probably thought they had their best chance for potentially going out with him. There were always stories about girls chasing him around and it scaring him. I don't think Kate was like that, I think she played it cool. Hmmm, as for whether Kate went to St Andrews to 'get' William, I don't know. It depends how long the time period in between announcing William's A levels and which university he was going to was, if it was say a couple of weeks then Kate could have contacted ucas (who regulate unis in the uk and who you have to apply to in order to get into uni) and declined her 1st choice if it wasn't St Andrews and taken up her 2nd choice, or even declined both her choices and got a place there through clearing (this is how I got my place in my uni). That is of course a wild conspiracy theory (and I don't actually believe it for 1 second) but if she wanted him that badly then she could have done it. The fact is William fancied Kate the most and fancied her from the beginning. That's why she 'got' him, if that's the way you want to see it.

English Rose said:
I agree that most of the female contigency who were at St Andrews at the same time as William probably thought they had their best chance for potentially going out with him. There were always stories about girls chasing him around and it scaring him. I don't think Kate was like that, I think she played it cool. Hmmm, as for whether Kate went to St Andrews to 'get' William, I don't know. It depends how long the time period in between announcing William's A levels and which university he was going to was, if it was say a couple of weeks then Kate could have contacted ucas (who regulate unis in the uk and who you have to apply to in order to get into uni) and declined her 1st choice if it wasn't St Andrews and taken up her 2nd choice, or even declined both her choices and got a place there through clearing (this is how I got my place in my uni). That is of course a wild conspiracy theory (and I don't actually believe it for 1 second) but if she wanted him that badly then she could have done it. The fact is William fancied Kate the most and fancied her from the beginning. That's why she 'got' him, if that's the way you want to see it.

I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to decline their university places and go through clearing for the hell of it. Clearing is excellent but it's a big risk, I've known people who've ended up on courses they didn't choose becuase they had to go through clearing. Plus UCAS would prioritise people on the basis that they had no university place to begin with.
It's all speculative.

When I got my a levels I didn't want to go to either of my choices, so I rang a uni that I prefered to go to and they offered me a place (that's how I know). If you read my post I put it forward as a conspiracy theory so I guess it is highly speculative, and no I don't think that Kate did that. But if you are looking for a way to explain that Kate went to St Andrews to get William then that is one way, but again I don't think that Kate did.:)

English Rose said:
When I got my a levels I didn't want to go to either of my choices, so I rang a uni that I prefered to go to and they offered me a place (that's how I know). If you read my post I put it forward as a conspiracy theory so I guess it is highly speculative, and no I don't think that Kate did that. But if you are looking for a way to explain that Kate went to St Andrews to get William then that is one way, but again I don't think that Kate did.:)

You were able to do that? I'm surprised, I didn't realise people could reject both of their choices. Did you go through UCAS when you choose the third, different uni?

Yep, had to get both unis to decline me. Then I had to taken up my place at Nottingham through clearing. It was a load of hassle and the only reason I did it was because the 3rd uni guaranteed me a place as I got better a levels then me and everyone else was expecting(and it was nottingham). Which is why I highly doubt Kate did that, and thinking about it I'm not even sure St Andrews does clearing

St Andrews most years has too many people applying for too few places, so I find it unlikely that Kate was a 'late' entrant. Then it would have to have been a stroke of luck to be in the same rented house and to be attracted to one another and for it to have lasted this long.

Lets face it, no matter if it was engineered (which I don't believe it was), they must have something that the other one admires and even loves.:rolleyes:

English Rose said:
Yep, had to get both unis to decline me. Then I had to taken up my place at Nottingham through clearing. It was a load of hassle and the only reason I did it was because the 3rd uni guaranteed me a place as I got better a levels then me and everyone else was expecting(and it was nottingham). Which is why I highly doubt Kate did that, and thinking about it I'm not even sure St Andrews does clearing

That sounds like awful I can't see anyone willingly choosing that, unless like yourself they absolutely had to!

biboquinhas said:
Well I really think she is not William girlfriend! Have you think about that??? Why they are not seen together????

actually if you have a look back, they are pictures of them together.

ysbel said:
We generally ask members to post information from actual news sources not their experiences or their friend's experiences with a royal or a celebrity.

This way we can all take a look at the source. We have had cases where people have pretended to know someone they didn't, and while I don't think that is happening here, no one can really question your friend's account because it isn't published anywhere for us to look at it.

I don't think the story is too shocking in itself; if its true Kate was acting like a lot of other girls I went to Universty with. Its more polite to phase someone out of a conversation you don't want to be in than to abruptly cut them off.

But we can't know all the details about the incident so I think we're better off sticking to published sources.

how can you stick to published sources when so many of them are extremely unreliable at worst or equally reliable as people posting on forums such as this at best.

since none of us can prove or disprove what's published and so many of these published accounts rely on a "source at the palace" or "a source close to the royal family", etc i think it wouldn't be inappropriate for people that have met or had experiences with the royals to share their view with us. i, and i'm sure a lot of people would agree, that as long as they don't portray it as malicious, it would be very interesting

coolgirl said:
yeah, we all have flaws and imperfections. :(

but if what English Rose has told is true, then she's be like a dorky princess.
doing charity work and all that other pubic duties when she really doesn't care at all at how others feel.

i mean, if she couldn't spare a minute or two for a fellow school mate who wanted to talk to her when she's still a commoner, then how could she spare a minute or two for the sick who wanted her care when she's already a princess? don't tell me she'll just be a pretend charitable lady coz that would be so awful.

i think this is a very unfair assumption to make. comparing someone who is ill to someone you just don't want to speak with is like chalk and cheese. i'm sure she's a very compassionate person and could convey that IF/WHEN the time presents itself.

Duchess said:
how can you stick to published sources when so many of them are extremely unreliable at worst or equally reliable as people posting on forums such as this at best.

since none of us can prove or disprove what's published and so many of these published accounts rely on a "source at the palace" or "a source close to the royal family", etc i think it wouldn't be inappropriate for people that have met or had experiences with the royals to share their view with us. i, and i'm sure a lot of people would agree, that as long as they don't portray it as malicious, it would be very interesting

I agree, Duchess, that a lot of papers are no better than gossip but at least the papers have a track record with the public and any member can review the article and take the overall reliability of the paper's reputation into account.

We can hold the papers up to tough scrutiny because everything they publish is available to the public. We can't hold members or friends or relatives of members to the same scrutiny that we would a newspaper source without making everybody here very uncomfortable.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom