Kate Middleton Current Events 8: May-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
karla64 said:

She looks very natural and happy
(rex photo)
rexmid8ao.jpg

i think this dress, and the black one are very flattering on her.

Kate looks so pretty. I think the dress is really fresh and summery, and she just looks happy. I much prefer it when she dresses like this, rather than the outfits she wears to more formal occasions.

Magpie8907 said:
You know, she is in the fashion industry now, so maybe she is trying to get ideas for her own fashion line. In other words, perhaps she is "shopping" for some fashion inspiration versus some more ugly cowboy boots!:D

She is in the fashion industry? Really? Doing what?

Hi, I'm new by the way (longtime lurker :eek: )

gabby_windsor said:
She is in the fashion industry? Really? Doing what?
Hi, I'm new by the way (longtime lurker :eek: )
 Welcome to the Forums gabby_windsor. I hope you find being in the midst of the action more enjoyable than lurking. :)
As to Kate Middleton, none of us have any idea what she's doing. Lots of speculation, but very little fact.

In the magazine ¡Hola! , it´s an article about Will and Harry at the charity boxing match, there is a picture with Kate in that blue dress and one with Jecca Craig. Jecca was there wearing a black dress, she looked fine, but I think Kate looked precious in that dress!

Laviollette said:
She looks very natural and happy
Does anyone know why she is smiling so much? I mean if I was just walking down the street I won't just be smiling like that. Were there papparazzi in front of her due to why she is smiling. Don't get me wrong, I am glad she is smiling and I hope she continues to smile, but I was just wondering...:rolleyes: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Laraib said:
Does anyone know why she is smiling so much? I mean if I was just walking down the street I won't just be smiling like that. Were there papparazzi in front of her due to why she is smiling. Don't get me wrong, I am glad she is smiling and I hope she continues to smile, but I was just wondering...:rolleyes: :)

I think you're overanalyzing a bit Laraib. Does it matter why she smiles?

Smiling in the streets is a very good thing. I do it every day and sometimes people smile back. I can tell you, that makes my day! ;)

That's a nice dress Kate's wearing btw.

ysbel said:

No, I was just wondering.

Maxie said:
Smiling in the streets is a very good thing. I do it every day and sometimes people smile back. I can tell you, that makes my day! ;)

That's a nice dress Kate's wearing btw.

agree with you there, I often smile in the street, to my thoughts or just because i have a good mood or I think life is beautiful...
It really makes you happier!
As for Kate, she must have had her reasons to smile. And I must admit she looks particularly lovely mainly due to her smile (though the dress is pretty nice). :)

ysbel said:
Wasn't it just the other day that people were criticising her for scowling at the photographers? Now there appears to be a problem with her smiling. If she did nether, no doubt she would be accused of being boringly expressionless. Or do her critics change their tunes depending on her demeanour?

I think that you can't judge someone too much by seeing a few pap pics. With the camera's those people have, they can take a dozen pictures in less than 30 seconds. So if we see her smiling in a lot of pics it probably just means she was smiling for a few seconds and the same goes for if she's frowning. You know what I mean? It not like she was walking down the street for 10 mins smiling or frowning the whole time. But even if she is, so what. We all have good days and bad days. She's human.
I do agree that this poor girl can't ever win with people. She gets criticized for one thing by the same person who will criticize her for doing the opposite.
I really like Kate. She seems like a very sweet, smart, well rounded girl who obviously makes Wills happy and she has done an excellent job of putting up with her new life as a 'public figure'.

I actually kinda feel bad for Kate. I just don't think she's the type who craves a lot of attention to begin with, and now she's getting every detail of her life scrutinized, from the colour of her shoes to the faces she makes while she is walking down the street! IMO, if she were to marry Wills, or even get engaged to him, that would make her "fair game". Then I think it would be fair to analyze her more. Just my opinion, though, no offense to anybody.:)

originally posted by Magpie8907
I actually kinda feel bad for Kate. I just don't think she's the type who craves a lot of attention to begin with, and now she's getting every detail of her life scrutinized, from the colour of her shoes to the faces she makes while she is walking down the street! IMO, if she were to marry Wills, or even get engaged to him, that would make her "fair game". Then I think it would be fair to analyze her more. Just my opinion, though, no offense to anybody.:)

This is true. But this is going to be the reality of her life if she marries William. The upside is, at least she has time to get used to all the media hype and judgement that will come with her position if that is what happens. I think its better this way then to be shocked by it when it begins with the engagment and wedding. At least now she can decide if this is the kind of life she wants to life. And if she choses it, she will be well prepared for what is coming.

Don't feel sorry for Kate Middleton, feel sorry for me because I am not the young Kate Middleton. I'd give anything to be 23 and dating the future King of England.

Don't feel sorry for Kate Middleton, feel sorry for me because I am not the young Kate Middleton. I'd give anything to be 23 and dating the future King of England.

Yes, you're right. There could be worse things in life than dating a handsome prince ;)

The reason why she was smiling was because the papparazzi were right in front of her and complimenting her, as well as passers by complimenting her.

For example 'Kate, your so beautiful'

It's funny though because before she told the lawyers that she doesn't want any publicity, so maybe she has changed her mind:) because reality wise, she has to get used to it if she wants to marry Wills one day.

WindsorIII said:
I think its better this way then to be shocked by it when it begins with the engagment and wedding. At least now she can decide if this is the kind of life she wants to life. And if she choses it, she will be well prepared for what is coming.
Good point, WindsorIII

Windsor III,
I am so happy you got my point:)

(rex photo)
rexmid8ao.jpg

Finally a nice smile from Kate. I've been so harsh on her of late because of her constant frowning. Sorry Kate. Perhaps good news was had on Mustique?;)

princesslily said:
The reason why she was smiling was because the papparazzi were right in front of her and complimenting her, as well as passers by complimenting her.

For example 'Kate, your so beautiful'

It's funny though because before she told the lawyers that she doesn't want any publicity, so maybe she has changed her mind:) because reality wise, she has to get used to it if she wants to marry Wills one day.

Where did you read that? Is there video footage of this? Or were you making a joke? Sorry I really couldn't tell...

^ Well the reason being is that she is smiling right at the camera and also there was an article (can't be bothered to find now but you can google it and look in the news section) of that occasion when the papparazzi and a few passers by reconized her.

Last edited by a moderator:
regardez said:
Where did you read that? Is there video footage of this? Or were you making a joke? Sorry I really couldn't tell...

There was a Hello article but it didn't mention it-just showed the pic.

The papparazzi have been known to say things to get celebrities to smile or cry to get the photo they want but the papers don't generally print how they got the reaction. They just print the photos and make up their own caption.

StoneCold said:
what do we really know about this girl? The great Kate Middleton debate

That's not a newspaper article but a piece written by the moderator of another forum.

Its basically an opinion piece of all the opinions out in the press based on the fact that we actually know very little about Kate.

I can't believe so much has been written and speculated about this woman we know so little about. The idea of letting William and Kate get on with their relationship and waiting to see if it pans out seems incredibly foreign in some quarters.

Human nature is quite puzzling at times. :cool:

ysbel said:
I can't believe so much has been written and speculated about this woman we know so little about. The idea of letting William and Kate get on with their relationship and waiting to see if it pans out seems incredibly foreign in some quarters.

Human nature is quite puzzling at times. :cool:

A friend of mine believes that if you expect the worst from everyone, you are never disappointed. :D I have always tried to see some good but, when you read some of the things people write about this young woman, that we know very little about, I wonder just who's attitude is better. :)

As for letting them get on with their relationship or lives and waiting to see how things work out, now that is far beyond optimism! :D

Laraib said:

Hi, Laraib. Your question is definitely a valid one. She is probably smiling like that because she is being greeted by passersby. This is especially plausible given her recently increased media coverage.

I was baffled by the number of defensive comments in response to your post, and am lead to believe that this the attempt of many to 'rise above' all the conjecture. One can only question the sincerity of some of these comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom