Kate Middleton Current Events 8: May-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No info of her working though there was a rumour about 7-8 months ago that she was going to start her own baby clothing business or work for her parents though there has been no more info on that either.

people are really making an issue out of whether or not she's working. it appears as though she isn't but since she's a private citizen she doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to.

Aussie Princess said:
and even if she really can't, she should at least have something, working in a supermarket, voulenteer work or whatever. .

Surely any supermarket is only too happy to employ the girlfriend of Prince William. :D Why should she not have a gap year if her parents pay for it? Why should she take away the work from others who need the money and do a job she is massively over-qualified for?

It's her life and it's her money - so in my opinion we best leave it to her to live the life she thinks is the best for her. Maybe she already has an agenda and knows exactly what she is doing and why but we don't get to know any of it at the moment? And if not, so what? We live in a society where you need not make excuses if you are able to live on your money instead of working. She is not yet a Royal, after all, has not yet signed into public service for the benefit of Britain. At least she is not so publicily proud of her leisure life like the likes of Paris Hilton and other socialites.

Not only supermarkets. anyone would like to employ the current girlfriend of the Prince William. Think of the amount of free advertising! I think that may be one of the reasons Kate does not want to get a job.

Last edited:
Aussie Princess said:
... she should at least have something, working in a supermarket...
As a shelf-stacker, or are you thinking of the checkout?

Gosh I've missed this. Been away on holdiays but love catching up.

Imagine how the amount of people shopping in that store would increase if she worked there.

Talk about a great advertising campaign. People would wonder if one day her boyfriend may stroll in to take her to lunch or pick her up.

I truly don't understand why people have a problem with Kate not working. Other than taking advantage of a state supported university system (which I believe is the case in the UK) who is she hurting? If she got an job because of who she is dating, she would have the press following her around and most likely not being productive in her work. If she did get a job at a supermarket (although) I believe this was said in jest...she would be accused of taking the job from someone who really needs it. The girl can't win. As far as I can see, she is not hurting anyone but possibly herself by not working. Maybe she is not sure what she wants to do yet. Maybe she can't find a job because of her chosen field. Maybe she does have a secret engagement and is just biding her time until the announcement. But we will never know. As long as she is not on the dole (which I belive is the UK term for welfare/being part of the system) why should we care what she does. Yes, it would be great if she had work experience, as someone pointed out in relation to the other Crown Princessses. But let's face it..they are older and more experienced than Kate.

WindsorIII said:
Imagine how the amount of people shopping in that store would increase if she worked there.
Just as long as Kate's contract stated she would receive a sizeable percentage of the increase in sales.

Kate's situation is different from that of princesses with a career track record; Mary, Maxima, Mathilde, Alexandra, and Masako already had established careers when they met their princes. The nearest parallel would probably be Princess Kiko, who met Prince Akishino at university and who didn't go out and get a job or anything before they married. I think she did some graduate studies, but I don't think she was out in the workforce.

Warren said:
Just as long as Kate's contract stated she would receive a sizeable percentage of the increase in sales.
At least 50%.:)

The girl's seems to be in a no win situation: damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

We have no idea what Kate does with her time. For all we know she might be setting up a business or doing some sort of work in her parent's business. With her qualifications she would be able to do something that involves working from home, and I imagine she would probably want to do just that at the moment in order to avoid the media feeding frenzy that occurred when poor Diana went to and from work or went out to get the sandwiches at lunchtime.

As for wasting a partially or wholly state-funded education, I never agree with that argument when it's used in Australia. I understand Kate's parents run a successful business and I believe their daughter has the same rights to benefit from their taxes as anyone else's child. But apart from that issue, IMO education is of benefit whether or not a qualification is used for vocational purposes. I believe education is a good thing for its own sake. Education is an investment in society generally and not just the employment prospects of individuals. Education broadens a person's mind and helps them in many ways throughout their lives other than just in the earning of income.

It's early days yet. If her relationship with William ends, she will no doubt move on and do some sort of work. If it doesn't end, what she does is for her and William and their families to decide, and I think her education will help her immensely in her role as his wife, and I believe that role is "work" anyway.

If she's not working right now I don't think it's really anyone's business. She's not doing anything wrong. If her parents want to support her, that's their prerogative.

Skydragon said:
English Rose, do I detect a touch of British humour. :D Like you, I would think as long as Mum and Dad will keep her, whether she gets engaged to William or not, most people would swap places! :D :D

I know she has it pretty cushdy doesn't she? :) She gets to date the one of the world's most eligible bachelors, has millionaire parents, is young, pretty, extremely well educated, according to most magazine/ newspapers blurbs is a really nice person to know, and has her whole life in front of her. So there are bound to people (like me) who are seething with jealousy! :p

Just to add my two cents, some people take gap years after college just like they do before college. If this is the case with Kate we will possibly see her take the "next step" in her life in the next few months.

I cant imagine Charles pressuring William into marriage because of his failed marriage to Diana. I'm sure he wants William to be sure that he's marrying the right woman. If anyone would push William into marriage to ensure an heir, I would guess HM The Queen.

It seems the only people trying to pressure them into marriage, are us and the tabloid press! :D

Skydragon said:
It seems the only people trying to pressure them into marriage, are us and the tabloid press! :D

Yeah, we (+the press) speculate so much that he might eventually think it's his duty. Besides - Charles, rushing William into marriage? No way. Charles would be the last one to rush any of his sons ito marriage - or discourage them from marring the woman they love/will love.

This is a current events thread.

Speculation, conjecture, gossip, venting, character assassination, marriage, Diana, and other subjects not relevant to Kate Middleton's current events have been, and will continue to be, removed.

If there are no current events to report, there may be nothing on which to comment.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Well, she looks nice, i just think she's such a pretty young girl to use that type of skirt... She "abused" of the classy ;) and from classy became old

karla64 said:
Here new photo. One thing I don't like her dress...
She looks really good in that pic, I really like her skirt. In my opinion it's one of the best outfits I've seen her in. Both the outfit and the pose reminds me of the first picture of Mary Donaldson.

the picture is also at rexfeatures.com http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r2show0?k=kate+middleton

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic!

Here's a pic originally contained in a link posted by Sara1981 in the Prince William Current Events thread. Looking like a young Liz Hurley?
Pic: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006250698,00.html

Kate Middleton June 06

KateMiddletonJun06.jpg

Last edited:
Oh the cut and colour of her dress is gorgeous!! I would have prefered her hair up or a bit tied back, just looks too heavy and not suited to the dress but she does look beautiful despite that.

That would be my worst nightmare though, the boxing!

What was the event??

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very flattering dress. They definitely make a good couple.

Kate looks wonderful ,I think she will make a very attractive Princess!

Kate looks stunning!!! The color and style of the dress is amazing. It would have been nice if she did a little something with her hair though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom