Kate Middleton Current Events 8: May-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Oh right 'a source' and 'a royal aide', excuse me if I am, like you, a little cynical! :D

I agree with that! It does seem that if Kate was watching films, it would be of Queen Elizabeth, not Diana. Considering how the queen felt about Diana, and Diana being so uncomfortable most of the time. Kate would learn more from films of the queen.

That depend on what style she'd like to follow, the Queen takes the conservative/traditional approach, Diana's was more populist. Then again, if all of this is even true.

...and you would think she could afford to buy some new boots!!!

The Jeans look nice and she looks tanner :) very pretty woman indeed

I think she's more annoyed about being followed to an atm by photographers. But on the subject of whether or not she should be compared to Princess Diana (and I don't like to make comparisons) on of the many things that endeared Diana to the British public was the fact that she did make mistakes, because I don't think you can go through life without making mistakes and learning from them, people just don't like it when someone seems to be too perfect.

I agree, she looks like she's hating the whole episode and wishing the photographers would just go away!

Heidi P. said:
I agree, she looks like she's hating the whole episode and wishing the photographers would just go away!

And I don't blame her. There's no reason she should be making an effort to play nice for the cameras when she's going about her ordinary day to day commoner business.

I think she looks pretty darn good, though.

I would probably worry if the photographers got hold of my pin number and make that the next day's headline.:)

Anyway, as to her boots, they look fine to me. How often do most people buy boots anyway. She seems sensible to have a few changes but not a lot.

English Rose said:
I think she's more annoyed about being followed to an atm by photographers. But on the subject of whether or not she should be compared to Princess Diana (and I don't like to make comparisons) on of the many things that endeared Diana to the British public was the fact that she did make mistakes, because I don't think you can go through life without making mistakes and learning from them, people just don't like it when someone seems to be too perfect.
I agree with you also. I think she is handling all the press scrutiny well, I am surprised she hasnt left in tears yet or shouted obscenities at the press yet for not letting her carry on normally with her life.

If she likes to wear it, why not? Its her life, if she look ridicules or not the problem its her's ;)

Hi everyone! This is my first post here! Let me just say that I'm very happy to join a fun forum like this where everyone gets along (for the most part) and is polite in their posts.
I just really love Kate. Yes, her personality is different from Di's, and it might be kinda hard for us to accept that fact, but her style and demeanor give the impression of a very classy young lady who actually fits in quite nicely with her boyfriend's family.

Hi Magpie8709,

Welcome to the forum!

HRHAmy said:
Kate doesn't look so happy in those pics.:(

I dont think so. She just really doesnt need smile every time on everyone. She isnt princess yet. ;)

I have a theory about Kate not getting a job yet. The palace supposely discouraged her from modeling when she got offered modeling work. Then in some newspaper ( maybe the Mail) it mentioned she was looking for a job in art gallery and that never happened.In all fairness, being Prince William's girlfriend could have not been a selling point to employers. Now she is
supposelyo start an internet business doing children clothes except shouldn't it have happened by now if she was really going to do it ?. Her parents run an internet business from all accounts it makes a nice income for them. They obviously know what they are doing. I am sure her parents know other people who do internet businesses who would give advice to Kate. I admit I don't know what it takes to start an internet business but I can't imagine it takes quite this long.
IMO she is being discouraged or knows from the palace/William that she might as well not bother getting a job. Especially if the rumor of a wedding for them in early spring/summer next year is true. She'll do charity work like the rest of the royals.

It's a bit strange that she doesn't have a job, or there isn't any pictures of her leaving an office or anything (apart from a while back when there was a pic of her leaving her parents office having got there at 10am and leaving at 2pm). I think that all of the other European Crown Princesses had professions before they got married. So it must be good preparation because you are working and interacting with other people. I don't have anything against her I think she would make a great princess and queen. But what I find funny is when she gets described as having never put a foot wrong since stepping into the royal fold, when actually she hasn't really done that much. But it obviously doesn't seem to matter to Prince William or the rest of the royal family, and I guess that is what counts.

Heidi P. said:

Well I don't think I would be too happy being photographed taking money out of a cash machine.

Laraib said:
Iam sorry, but get over it, Kate.:)

I think she's right to scowl at them and ignore them. Hopefully that will keep them at a distance. I think Diana made a mistake by talking to them. Once they knew she'd smile and wave and speak to them, I think they felt encouraged and got closer - far too close.

It's a bit like patting a neighbour's dog that strays into your yard. Once you've done it once, the dog has expectations and it's harder to make it go away the next time it comes in.

Roslyn said:
I think she's right to scowl at them and ignore them. Hopefully that will keep them at a distance. I think Diana made a mistake by talking to them. Once they knew she'd smile and wave and speak to them, I think they felt encouraged and got closer - far too close.

It's a bit like patting a neighbour's dog that strays into your yard. Once you've done it once, the dog has expectations and it's harder to make it go away the next time it comes in.

That's a very wise thought, Roslyn.

Kate always puts some distance between her and the press, and I must say I personally like that. Roslyn made a very good observation - encouraging can have far worse consequences then reports of "Ms Middleton's unhappy face".
Anyway, I can also see why she is scowling. She is taking some cash from credit card - would you like the world to knwo the exact amount of the money, you are taking? :rolleyes: :p

Sometimes I have my reservations about Kate, but I couldn't imagine what it must be like to just be going about doing my day to day things and being watched and photographed. Whenever I go to an atm I'm always worried and looking over my shoulder in case someone is watching. I think that these pictures of her and the ones of her waiting to get on a bus where she is looking incredibly uncomfortable, just illustrate that the press is clearly crossing a line. Regardless of who she is dating she doesn't deserve to have her privacy inavaded like this. It makes me wonder whether if Kate had had to put up with all of this whilst she was at St Andrews if her and Prince William would have still been together.

There was an agreement while William was in St. Andrews that the press will keep their distance and not intrude in his personal life since he was a student and in return William will give a photo op once or twice a year plus the public events that he attended (same agreement went for him and Harry when thay were at Eton) so this type of press might be new to the both of them since before they lived in a sheltered buble and now the press just wants to have every amount of info on both brothers' personal lives since they have been deprived of that info for so many years.

kaydura0717 said:
There was an agreement while William was in St. Andrews that the press will keep their distance and not intrude in his personal life since he was a student and in return William will give a photo op once or twice a year plus the public events that he attended (same agreement went for him and Harry when thay were at Eton) so this type of press might be new to the both of them since before they lived in a sheltered buble and now the press just wants to have every amount of info on both brothers' personal lives since they have been deprived of that info for so many years.

As far as I understand it, that agreement only applied to the British press. The Press Complaints Commission could never do anything about French or Spanish or other national press publishing pictures of William and Harry in private moments. Occasionally the Fleet Street tabloids did acquire paparazzi pictures and publish them and then there would be the articles about the PCC filing a complaint. I don't think this sort of exposure to new to either prince. I don't know about Kate or Chelsy or their friends, but considering the number of private moments we have seen with their friends, I would say it's not new to any of them. They all have lived in a fishbowl for so long. Whether it's a camera lens on them, there are certainly always people around them who stare, even those who pretend not to stare and steal discreet glances (something I've often done in the presence of a famous person; it's very hard to resist sometimes!)

It seems from the published photos, at least the photographers are not crowding around her. Most of the pictures were taken from a distance.

Incas said:
It seems from the published photos, at least the photographers are not crowding around her. Most of the pictures were taken from a distance.

IMO that's good and bad. It's good because they're not right up against Kate violating her physical private space. But it's bad, because with technology these days, a photographer could take pictures of Kate without her ever knowing with a really sharp zoom lense. I think it's worse to have your picture taken when you don't know it. I'm pretty sure Kate can see the photographers though, but at least some British press are smart enough to stay somewhat of a distance physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom