Kate Middleton Current Events 8: May-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to Kate Middleton current events Part 8.

Part 7 can be found here.

Originally Posted by GömdNatt
actually, isn't William's title HRH Prince William of Wales...therefore...wouldn't Kate (if they married) be HRH Princess William of Wales?
wink.gif

Warren said:
Quote:
Yes, but the expectation would be that William would be granted a Royal Dukedom on the day of his wedding.

I wonder why that is an expectation since such a title would wind up being irrelevent when Charles assumes the throne.

Why not just use a courtesy title from one of Charles' subsidiary titles, such as Duke of Rothesay (which he'll be entitled to anyway once he becomes heir apparent)?

Last edited:
PreDoc said:
actually, isn't William's title HRH Prince William of Wales...therefore...wouldn't Kate (if they married) be HRH Princess William of Wales?
wink.gif

Kate or whoever would be Princess William of Wales while ever Charles is alive. She would not be Kate or whoever, Princess of Wales.

The thread Warren cleverly pointed out seems to explain it better than I can. :rolleyes: :)

Sadly, I personally know over a dozen of last years graduates that have been unable to get work, even at MacDonalds and with the press and security problems, I should think it is even harder for Kate.

To get any job, she will be judged harshly. If someone offers her a job, they will be accused of just giving it to her because she is dating William, then there will be the reports that Miss X, Y or Z was passed over to give her a job, that she didn't deserve, etc, etc, etc.. ;)

I thought she was working for her parents anyway.

Many people work for their familie's business. How do we know she's not doing filing or whatever tehy need? I don't think it's that big of a deal, and it would probably be difficult for her to find a job in the private sector. (And all her coworkers would talk to the press!) I could understand why she would want to just work for her family

PreDoc said:
wink.gif

I wonder why that is an expectation since such a title would wind up being irrelevent when Charles assumes the throne.

Why not just use a courtesy title from one of Charles' subsidiary titles, such as Duke of Rothesay (which he'll be entitled to anyway once he becomes heir apparent)?

It depends on when William actually marries. Obviously, if he marries once Charles is King, then he will have plenty of titles for his wife to be styled by.

But if he marries while The Queen still reigns (which is likely), than he will be granted a dukedom as the spare to the throne so his wife won't have to carry the style and title of "HRH Princess William".

The Dukedom of Rothesay can only be held by the heir to the throne and is never used as a courtesy title by the eldest son.

Kate's job position doesn't make me upset. As stated by other posters, her co-workers might talk to the press, there are security issues, and many people might say she doesn't deserve the job even though she has a degree and everything. There are many graudates from credible schools who are having a hard time finding a job. There just aren't enough jobs to go around right now. It's nice that Kate's parents are well off enough to support her if necessary. And working for your family is really not that unusual. If we saw her shopping and getting pedicures everyday, then I would be worried. But we don't, so we really can't say anything about her situation right now.

An article about Kate and William at Laura Parker-Bowles' wedding in Gala:

http://www.gala.de/topstories/index.html?id=105018

Let me warn you before hand I'm an intermediate German speaker at best and I roughly translated this article on my own. I thought I would recap for those who don't really speak German.

I was just checking out Gala and they had a blurb about Laura Parker-Bowles being married. But more importantly they bring up PW, Kate, and the friendhship ring that's on her finger that everyone seemed to be eyeing at the wedding. The article also says the two looked very much in love and "unencumbered" laughter could be heard from the lovey-dovey pair.

People are speculating about when these two are going to get engaged, especially since the two are fresh from their vacation at Mustique where they enjoyed romantic sunsets and playing frisbee on the beach. In the evenings they did Karaoke at Basil's Bar. Despite the hurdles that may be in the couple's (not sure what those hurdles are since Kate seems to be first class material) way, the article suggests that William seems determined to "seal the deal."

The articles ends saying that the newly Laura Lopes knew her husband for ten years before they wed and speculates on whether William is willing to wait that long.

Please forgive me for butchering the German language. Language is a passion of mine, but German is really hard to read and speak! LOL. Any German speakers feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I peronally do not think she has one, Kate has been wearing those rings since she was photographed for the first time. I don't think they're from Wills, I think they are just rings she likes to wear.

Does anyone know if Kate likes to hunt? She wears animal skins and feathers in her hats. In the United States people are staying away from using killed animals as their clothing. Is it the same in Europe?:)

georgiea said:
Does anyone know if Kate likes to hunt? She wears animal skins and feathers in her hats. In the United States people are staying away from using killed animals as their clothing. Is it the same in Europe?:)

i may not be american but i can tell you that people in america are definitely not staying away from using killed animals clothing. they still wear leather and suede don't they?

It's a bit hard to tell if they are real or fake furs. Some of the fake furs looks just like the real thing.

those hats are such a british thing. I noticed that lately. She looks very tan, but we hardly see her at the beach. It must just be the lighting in the photo.

Harry's polo shirt said:
those hats are such a british thing. I noticed that lately. She looks very tan, but we hardly see her at the beach. It must just be the lighting in the photo.

The tan is from her recent vacation from William; there were plenty of photos of that (though you're right, it's the only time we've seen pictures of her at the beach.) William looked tan at the wedding also, but they both looked tired. I think they jetted straight from their vacation to the wedding.

have you seen william kissing ex atomic kitten at concert yesterday?It was in news of the world today.Poor Kate!

lizzie2106 said:
have you seen william kissing ex atomic kitten at concert yesterday?It was in news of the world today.Poor Kate!

It was just a friendly greeting. A peck on the cheek. Nothing for Kate to be upset about.

christinacg said:
It was just a friendly greeting. A peck on the cheek. Nothing for Kate to be upset about.

I agree! It doesn't look very serious to me, Kate has absolutely nothing to worry about. The ex-atomic kitten is clearly not dating material for the second in line!

It's more like the ex-kitten is kissing him, instead of him kissing her. Plus it was an accident (probably) so I have no idea why Kate would be upset by it.

Lol its really quite full on. I don't think Kate/ Catherine has anything to worry about. The Atomic Kitten girl was probably only doing to get herself in the papers and it worked!

Last edited:
i like kate's look. she's always pulled together and her style is classic. she could wear the same clothes in 10 years and still look like she's in style.

The photos of "that" kiss are very amusing, particularly as Natasha Hamilton seems to be much more into it than William.

it wasn't an accident she turned her head. She is in Atomic Kitten isn't that what everyone would expect from them in a way. I understand Kate being angry, I would be too because it was rude.

That's weird. What a waste of print. Talk about "reaching"!

It is just a silly little picture, one frame in a second.

Kate is probably laughing about it, like I would.

Natasha's tongue is at the side of her mouth, near her lip, hardly a kissing technique.

Plus William's eyes are shut, that could be deemed romantic on his part but more likely he blinked.

Kate Middleton Learns The Lessons of Diana (I am not sure how trustworthy this article is)

Kate Middleton has embarked on an unofficial media training course on her road to official royal life by watching video footage of her boyfriend's late mother.
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/740/2/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom