The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Commoner

it was a very interesting post, English Rose. If Kate is really like that, than she is even less sympathetic to me than she was before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Rose
Anyway, from what he told me about Kate if someone who she didnít know that well or didnít like would be talking to someone who she wanted to talk to she would try and phase them out of the conversation. He also said how he remembered one night out when he was trying to chat to her and she was waiting for William to arrive was being very short and then when William and his friends arrived she was all laughing and joking.
If it is the case, she is not the kind of person I'd describe as nice. Phasing somebody out of a conversation just because I don't like or don't really know is NOT nice. If your friend tried to talk to her, he must have "known" her so Kate had to find him at least familiar from classes. I don't know what the custom is at British universities, but here in Hungary I talk to people, I go to the same seminars or lectures, even if I don't know their names (sometimes that happens :) ).
How could one take advantage of her at university (the beginning of their relationship)? She was just dating William, she wasn't his wife.
She was very happy and in a good mood when William and his friends arrived? But why just with them? As if she couldn't have any friends apart from them. It makes the whole situation appear as if she was trying hard to be (only) in their group. It is good to have lots of friends, especially at university.
Otherwise, isn't it the guy who is supposed to wait for a girl and not vica versa? :p
I don't know but this Kate girl seems pretty arrogant at times. And yes, I can't imagine her smiling and talking to, for instance, a little girl during a walkabout. Let alone cuddle a child, as Diana did several times.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Aristocracy

^ When I first joined this forum, I did say, as one of my friends went to Saint Andrews also that Kate isn't all that the press make her out to be. My friend met Kate when they were both waitresses for Henly Regatta in the summer. My friend is 2 years below Kate and studying History of Art as well. Kate's main purpose to go to Saint Andrews was to get Wills. And she also said that it was Bryony Daniels who was described as the top bird by male students, not Kate Middleton.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry I had to take the photos off because I don't know where they came from. They are personal pictures of Kate travelling in her gap year before attending Saint Andrews. They were posted in theinternetforum.net if you want to see them.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
^ When I first joined this forum, I did say, as one of my friends went to Saint Andrews also that Kate isn't all that the press make her out to be. My friend met Kate when they were both waitresses for Henly Regatta in the summer. My friend is 2 years below Kate and studying History of Art as well. Kate's main purpose to go to Saint Andrews was to get Wills. And she also said that it was Bryony Daniels who was described as the top bird by male students, not Kate Middleton.
Strong willed girl :)
Old 06-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by melike2
I know this isnít from an official source, but Iíve just been having a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine from 6th form who Iíve been catching up with and thought I would share it. He was in the same year as William and Kate at St Andrews and graduated in the same ceremony last year. He sort of new them around the 2nd and 3rd year when they would all go to the same bars and clubs, but I donít think he was in their group. Anyway, from what he told me about Kate if someone who she didnít know that well or didnít like would be talking to someone who she wanted to talk to she would try and phase them out of the conversation. He also said how he remembered one night out when he was trying to chat to her and she was waiting for William to arrive was being very short and then when William and his friends arrived she was all laughing and joking. I donít know if this 100% true or whether its sour grapes on my friends part. But I know for a fact he went to St Andrews and he showed me some photos of William from when they were in the same rugby team..
We generally ask members to post information from actual news sources not their experiences or their friend's experiences with a royal or a celebrity.

This way we can all take a look at the source. We have had cases where people have pretended to know someone they didn't, and while I don't think that is happening here, no one can really question your friend's account because it isn't published anywhere for us to look at it.

I don't think the story is too shocking in itself; if its true Kate was acting like a lot of other girls I went to Universty with. Its more polite to phase someone out of a conversation you don't want to be in than to abruptly cut them off.

But we can't know all the details about the incident so I think we're better off sticking to published sources.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Courtier

hahahahaha Oh my goshhhhhhhhh
this pictures are the BEST
Old 06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Nobility

What a difference a fews years makes.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Nobility

How can you say that Kate went to St. Andrews to "Get at Wills"?! She and every other female there could be accused of the same thing! I don't think Kate is particularly pretty but there must be something about her that attracts William. As for her manners.... Royals are raised to be polite to everyone and make it seem as if they are really interested in everyone they meet. As for the rest of us, we generally aren't held up to scrutiny. I guess you could say this a rude welcome for Kate to the world of press scrutiny.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Palace announce that William had chosen St Andrews once his A Level results were announced? In which case there is no way any female in his year could have possibly known where he was going.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Commoner

I agree that most of the female contigency who were at St Andrews at the same time as William probably thought they had their best chance for potentially going out with him. There were always stories about girls chasing him around and it scaring him. I don't think Kate was like that, I think she played it cool. Hmmm, as for whether Kate went to St Andrews to 'get' William, I don't know. It depends how long the time period in between announcing William's A levels and which university he was going to was, if it was say a couple of weeks then Kate could have contacted ucas (who regulate unis in the uk and who you have to apply to in order to get into uni) and declined her 1st choice if it wasn't St Andrews and taken up her 2nd choice, or even declined both her choices and got a place there through clearing (this is how I got my place in my uni). That is of course a wild conspiracy theory (and I don't actually believe it for 1 second) but if she wanted him that badly then she could have done it. The fact is William fancied Kate the most and fancied her from the beginning. That's why she 'got' him, if that's the way you want to see it.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree that most of the female contigency who were at St Andrews at the same time as William probably thought they had their best chance for potentially going out with him. There were always stories about girls chasing him around and it scaring him. I don't think Kate was like that, I think she played it cool. Hmmm, as for whether Kate went to St Andrews to 'get' William, I don't know. It depends how long the time period in between announcing William's A levels and which university he was going to was, if it was say a couple of weeks then Kate could have contacted ucas (who regulate unis in the uk and who you have to apply to in order to get into uni) and declined her 1st choice if it wasn't St Andrews and taken up her 2nd choice, or even declined both her choices and got a place there through clearing (this is how I got my place in my uni). That is of course a wild conspiracy theory (and I don't actually believe it for 1 second) but if she wanted him that badly then she could have done it. The fact is William fancied Kate the most and fancied her from the beginning. That's why she 'got' him, if that's the way you want to see it.
I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to decline their university places and go through clearing for the hell of it. Clearing is excellent but it's a big risk, I've known people who've ended up on courses they didn't choose becuase they had to go through clearing. Plus UCAS would prioritise people on the basis that they had no university place to begin with.
It's all speculative.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Commoner

When I got my a levels I didn't want to go to either of my choices, so I rang a uni that I prefered to go to and they offered me a place (that's how I know). If you read my post I put it forward as a conspiracy theory so I guess it is highly speculative, and no I don't think that Kate did that. But if you are looking for a way to explain that Kate went to St Andrews to get William then that is one way, but again I don't think that Kate did.:)

Old 06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
When I got my a levels I didn't want to go to either of my choices, so I rang a uni that I prefered to go to and they offered me a place (that's how I know). If you read my post I put it forward as a conspiracy theory so I guess it is highly speculative, and no I don't think that Kate did that. But if you are looking for a way to explain that Kate went to St Andrews to get William then that is one way, but again I don't think that Kate did.:)
You were able to do that? I'm surprised, I didn't realise people could reject both of their choices. Did you go through UCAS when you choose the third, different uni?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Commoner

Yep, had to get both unis to decline me. Then I had to taken up my place at Nottingham through clearing. It was a load of hassle and the only reason I did it was because the 3rd uni guaranteed me a place as I got better a levels then me and everyone else was expecting(and it was nottingham). Which is why I highly doubt Kate did that, and thinking about it I'm not even sure St Andrews does clearing

Old 06-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

St Andrews most years has too many people applying for too few places, so I find it unlikely that Kate was a 'late' entrant. Then it would have to have been a stroke of luck to be in the same rented house and to be attracted to one another and for it to have lasted this long.

Lets face it, no matter if it was engineered (which I don't believe it was), they must have something that the other one admires and even loves.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yep, had to get both unis to decline me. Then I had to taken up my place at Nottingham through clearing. It was a load of hassle and the only reason I did it was because the 3rd uni guaranteed me a place as I got better a levels then me and everyone else was expecting(and it was nottingham). Which is why I highly doubt Kate did that, and thinking about it I'm not even sure St Andrews does clearing
That sounds like awful I can't see anyone willingly choosing that, unless like yourself they absolutely had to!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Well I really think she is not William girlfriend! Have you think about that??? Why they are not seen together????
actually if you have a look back, they are pictures of them together.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
We generally ask members to post information from actual news sources not their experiences or their friend's experiences with a royal or a celebrity.

This way we can all take a look at the source. We have had cases where people have pretended to know someone they didn't, and while I don't think that is happening here, no one can really question your friend's account because it isn't published anywhere for us to look at it.

I don't think the story is too shocking in itself; if its true Kate was acting like a lot of other girls I went to Universty with. Its more polite to phase someone out of a conversation you don't want to be in than to abruptly cut them off.

But we can't know all the details about the incident so I think we're better off sticking to published sources.
how can you stick to published sources when so many of them are extremely unreliable at worst or equally reliable as people posting on forums such as this at best.

since none of us can prove or disprove what's published and so many of these published accounts rely on a "source at the palace" or "a source close to the royal family", etc i think it wouldn't be inappropriate for people that have met or had experiences with the royals to share their view with us. i, and i'm sure a lot of people would agree, that as long as they don't portray it as malicious, it would be very interesting
Old 06-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgirl
yeah, we all have flaws and imperfections. :(

but if what English Rose has told is true, then she's be like a dorky princess.
doing charity work and all that other pubic duties when she really doesn't care at all at how others feel.

i mean, if she couldn't spare a minute or two for a fellow school mate who wanted to talk to her when she's still a commoner, then how could she spare a minute or two for the sick who wanted her care when she's already a princess? don't tell me she'll just be a pretend charitable lady coz that would be so awful.
i think this is a very unfair assumption to make. comparing someone who is ill to someone you just don't want to speak with is like chalk and cheese. i'm sure she's a very compassionate person and could convey that IF/WHEN the time presents itself.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
how can you stick to published sources when so many of them are extremely unreliable at worst or equally reliable as people posting on forums such as this at best.

since none of us can prove or disprove what's published and so many of these published accounts rely on a "source at the palace" or "a source close to the royal family", etc i think it wouldn't be inappropriate for people that have met or had experiences with the royals to share their view with us. i, and i'm sure a lot of people would agree, that as long as they don't portray it as malicious, it would be very interesting
I agree, Duchess, that a lot of papers are no better than gossip but at least the papers have a track record with the public and any member can review the article and take the overall reliability of the paper's reputation into account.

We can hold the papers up to tough scrutiny because everything they publish is available to the public. We can't hold members or friends or relatives of members to the same scrutiny that we would a newspaper source without making everybody here very uncomfortable.

ysbel
British forums moderator

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton