The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
She looks very natural and happy
(rex photo)

Old 06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

i think this dress, and the black one are very flattering on her.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Commoner

Kate looks so pretty. I think the dress is really fresh and summery, and she just looks happy. I much prefer it when she dresses like this, rather than the outfits she wears to more formal occasions.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie8907
You know, she is in the fashion industry now, so maybe she is trying to get ideas for her own fashion line. In other words, perhaps she is "shopping" for some fashion inspiration versus some more ugly cowboy boots!

She is in the fashion industry? Really? Doing what?

Hi, I'm new by the way (longtime lurker :o )
Old 06-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_windsor
She is in the fashion industry? Really? Doing what?
Hi, I'm new by the way (longtime lurker :o )
 Welcome to the Forums gabby_windsor. I hope you find being in the midst of the action more enjoyable than lurking. :)
As to Kate Middleton, none of us have any idea what she's doing. Lots of speculation, but very little fact.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Commoner

In the magazine ¡Hola! , it´s an article about Will and Harry at the charity boxing match, there is a picture with Kate in that blue dress and one with Jecca Craig. Jecca was there wearing a black dress, she looked fine, but I think Kate looked precious in that dress!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
She looks very natural and happy
Does anyone know why she is smiling so much? I mean if I was just walking down the street I won't just be smiling like that. Were there papparazzi in front of her due to why she is smiling. Don't get me wrong, I am glad she is smiling and I hope she continues to smile, but I was just wondering... :)
Old 06-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Does anyone know why she is smiling so much? I mean if I was just walking down the street I won't just be smiling like that. Were there papparazzi in front of her due to why she is smiling. Don't get me wrong, I am glad she is smiling and I hope she continues to smile, but I was just wondering... :)
I think you're overanalyzing a bit Laraib. Does it matter why she smiles?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Smiling in the streets is a very good thing. I do it every day and sometimes people smile back. I can tell you, that makes my day!

That's a nice dress Kate's wearing btw.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
No, I was just wondering.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Smiling in the streets is a very good thing. I do it every day and sometimes people smile back. I can tell you, that makes my day!

That's a nice dress Kate's wearing btw.
agree with you there, I often smile in the street, to my thoughts or just because i have a good mood or I think life is beautiful...
It really makes you happier!
As for Kate, she must have had her reasons to smile. And I must admit she looks particularly lovely mainly due to her smile (though the dress is pretty nice). :)
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Wasn't it just the other day that people were criticising her for scowling at the photographers? Now there appears to be a problem with her smiling. If she did nether, no doubt she would be accused of being boringly expressionless. Or do her critics change their tunes depending on her demeanour?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Or do her critics change their tunes depending on her demeanour?
I think you hit it on the nose.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

I think that you can't judge someone too much by seeing a few pap pics. With the camera's those people have, they can take a dozen pictures in less than 30 seconds. So if we see her smiling in a lot of pics it probably just means she was smiling for a few seconds and the same goes for if she's frowning. You know what I mean? It not like she was walking down the street for 10 mins smiling or frowning the whole time. But even if she is, so what. We all have good days and bad days. She's human.
I do agree that this poor girl can't ever win with people. She gets criticized for one thing by the same person who will criticize her for doing the opposite.
I really like Kate. She seems like a very sweet, smart, well rounded girl who obviously makes Wills happy and she has done an excellent job of putting up with her new life as a 'public figure'.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Commoner

I actually kinda feel bad for Kate. I just don't think she's the type who craves a lot of attention to begin with, and now she's getting every detail of her life scrutinized, from the colour of her shoes to the faces she makes while she is walking down the street! IMO, if she were to marry Wills, or even get engaged to him, that would make her "fair game". Then I think it would be fair to analyze her more. Just my opinion, though, no offense to anybody.:)
Old 06-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
originally posted by Magpie8907
I actually kinda feel bad for Kate. I just don't think she's the type who craves a lot of attention to begin with, and now she's getting every detail of her life scrutinized, from the colour of her shoes to the faces she makes while she is walking down the street! IMO, if she were to marry Wills, or even get engaged to him, that would make her "fair game". Then I think it would be fair to analyze her more. Just my opinion, though, no offense to anybody.:)
This is true. But this is going to be the reality of her life if she marries William. The upside is, at least she has time to get used to all the media hype and judgement that will come with her position if that is what happens. I think its better this way then to be shocked by it when it begins with the engagment and wedding. At least now she can decide if this is the kind of life she wants to life. And if she choses it, she will be well prepared for what is coming.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

Don't feel sorry for Kate Middleton, feel sorry for me because I am not the young Kate Middleton. I'd give anything to be 23 and dating the future King of England.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Don't feel sorry for Kate Middleton, feel sorry for me because I am not the young Kate Middleton. I'd give anything to be 23 and dating the future King of England.
Yes, you're right. There could be worse things in life than dating a handsome prince
Old 06-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

The reason why she was smiling was because the papparazzi were right in front of her and complimenting her, as well as passers by complimenting her.

For example 'Kate, your so beautiful'

It's funny though because before she told the lawyers that she doesn't want any publicity, so maybe she has changed her mind:) because reality wise, she has to get used to it if she wants to marry Wills one day.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII
I think its better this way then to be shocked by it when it begins with the engagment and wedding. At least now she can decide if this is the kind of life she wants to life. And if she choses it, she will be well prepared for what is coming.
Good point, WindsorIII

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton