The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Papers warned again over prince's girlfriend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...760850,00.html

Old 04-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
Papers warned again over prince's girlfriend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...760850,00.html
It seems to me that by making such "warnings" they are trying to gain attention rather than fight it off. If it bothers them sooo much, why don't they just ignore it or simply just get over it?

Old 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprincess
Ugh! So sick of all the tabloids speculating that Prince William and Kate will get married. IF they do indeed someday getting married (which i don't think will happen b/c he is too young and probably won't marry his first serious girlfriend)---then we will know. I know the papers have to write something, but this is getting ridulous, everyday there is more speculation about an engagement. The press should let them be, they can write about their relationship all they want, but when it comes to marriage they should stop speculating on something they don't know anything about.

I agree... he's too young and probably has too many things to accomplish before marriage. And I don't know if Kate's "the one" or not, but I am glad that William has a "steady" girlfriend instead of the typical playboy lifestyle/image that so many other princes tend to succomb to. I think it's a good sign of maturity and it also shows he's a "one-woman-kinda-man", which means he will more likely be faithful when he does marry, which is extremely important to avoid unnessecary scandals.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Royal Highness

i'm not sure how taking a picture of someone sitting at a bus stop is an invasion of privacy?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Courtier

I believe that William has a thing for Jecca and all she has to do is snap her fingers and he'll come running. Kate seems to feel confidently secure about the "friendship" between Jecca and her boyfriend but, imo, this has the shades of Charles and Camilla. I asked this question in the Jessica Craig thread: why does Wills keep her around? Why does he need to stay in contact with her? I like Kate but I'm not naive enough to think she has Wills in the bag.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Gentry

I just looked at Jeccas's or what her name is pictures and I have to say that she looks a lot prettier than Kate M. That does not mean that kate is not pretty, I think that she is above average look too but Jecca just looks a bit betta
Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
It seems to me that by making such "warnings" they are trying to gain attention rather than fight it off. If it bothers them sooo much, why don't they just ignore it or simply just get over it?
I can see were you are coming from but I figure to pursue this would cost money and time which I'm sure people always think twice about spendinding on something. I can see why she would want her privacy to be protected though. There is a limit on how far the paparrazi go. I mean in the unfortunate event of the relationship going bust you would not want private details such as where you and your parents live to be floating around the web, newspaper, ect,ect. The only event I can see this as being normal would be if she was a princess or enganged to him; then that would be justifiable coz people would want to know all about their future Queen.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I believe that William has a thing for Jecca and all she has to do is snap her fingers and he'll come running. Kate seems to feel confidently secure about the "friendship" between Jecca and her boyfriend but, imo, this has the shades of Charles and Camilla. I asked this question in the Jessica Craig thread: why does Wills keep her around? Why does he need to stay in contact with her? I like Kate but I'm not naive enough to think she has Wills in the bag.
Why can't he be friends with his former girlfriend? Especially if his current girlfriend doesn't object. Will and Jecca shared a lot and are connected in a way, so after the love was gone, friendship bloomed, imo.
And I don't see any Charles/Camilla shade. That was a totally different situation. Charles loved Camilla but married Diana. While Will is perfectly free to marry whoever he likes. Kate is not the chosen one for him.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i'm not sure how taking a picture of someone sitting at a bus stop is an invasion of privacy?
Nope, neither do I. But taking picture of someone trying clothes, doing shopping or picture in front of the house (which can be recognized and thus be harmful in some ways) is an invasion of the privacy, imo. :)
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-27-2006, 05:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Why can't he be friends with his former girlfriend? Especially if his current girlfriend doesn't object. Will and Jecca shared a lot and are connected in a way, so after the love was gone, friendship bloomed, imo.
And I don't see any Charles/Camilla shade. That was a totally different situation. Charles loved Camilla but married Diana. While Will is perfectly free to marry whoever he likes. Kate is not the chosen one for him.

Well said Avalon!:)

It would be a very strange world if we had to 'drop' friends of the opposite sex because we or they had a new boy/girlfriend or wife/husband. I would think life would also be very boring.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well said Avalon!:)

It would be a very strange world if we had to 'drop' friends of the opposite sex because we or they had a new boy/girlfriend or wife/husband. I would think life would also be very boring.
Well, yes, it is fine for William and Jecca to hang out as long as Kate is ok with it. From what I have read here, from others' posts, it seems that Kate is ok with it. So I think it is fine. But if he was doing it and it was hurting his girlfriend, yet he persisted, knowing it hurts her, then it would be mean. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Nor do I believe William would ever be so cruel.

About this story: http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/623/2/
If this is true, it's great news! Kate and Jecca becoming friends, that would be fantastic. If it's true, maybe they went to Eleuthera, that is a Mountbatten favorite and it's in the Caribbean.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwroble
I just looked at Jeccas's or what her name is pictures and I have to say that she looks a lot prettier than Kate M. That does not mean that kate is not pretty, I think that she is above average look too but Jecca just looks a bit betta
I agree with you. Jecca is very pretty and also quite interesting. I like Kate a lot, though, and I also think Kate is pretty. But it's just that there is no question of who is prettier when you compare them. I am glad he is dating Kate, though. I think he and Kate have always been so sweet together. Back in the days when we were told they were just flatmates and she was dating Fergus, I always thought that was just a cover for the media because in the very few pics of them together (in those days) they struck me as such a sweet couple. I thought, oh they look so sweet together, they should be a couple! Especially those pics of them at the Rugby Seven match in St. Andrew's, the one where the tabloids said she had her "foot-prince" all over William. They looked so sweet and happy together!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

I feel a little sorry for Kate having photogaphers popping out from behind every bush, lamp post etc but in a public space it's hard to control. It would be a more valid argument if photographers with big lenses were spying over walls or hiding up trees looking into private grounds. How will she cope though if she does become a princess to be or princess? The level of scrutiny will increase one hundred percent.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:31 PM

New pics: *isifa.com

KATE MIDDLETON OUT AND ABOUT IN LONDON, BRITAIN - 25 APR 2006
Mandatory Credit: Photo By Rex Features Kate Middleton doing last minute shopping before setting off for her holiday with Prince William in Mustique KATE MIDDLETON OUT AND ABOUT IN LONDON, BRITAIN - 25 APR 2006 EXCLUSIVE UKH EXCLUSIVE THOUGHTS OF MARRIAGE KATE? Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton was spotted doing some last minute shopping on Tuesday (25 Apr) before jetting to the Caribbean with the royal heir. Kate, 24, looked lost in thought as she wandered along a North London street, maybe because there are rumours that Wills may propose to her when they are in Barbados. According to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper, the 23-year-old prince has searched for a villa that will give them privacy on the island which is popular with celebrities, including Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair. The pair, who met at university and who have been together for almost three years, have sparked engagement rumours on several occasions. The island is said to be a surprise choice for prince William, who usually favours more isolated location
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	is_12045581.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	240724   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_12045582.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	240725  
Old 04-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

So they ARE going on Vacation yay!!!! They make an awsome couple!!! If they do annouce an Engagement (I Know its only Speculation.) :) Where would it come from Clarence House or Buckingham Palace
Old 04-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Nope, neither do I. But taking picture of someone trying clothes, doing shopping or picture in front of the house (which can be recognized and thus be harmful in some ways) is an invasion of the privacy, imo. :)
i totally agree that a picture in the situation you mentioned above is definitely an invasion of privacy.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
So they ARE going on Vacation yay!!!! They make an awsome couple!!! If they do annouce an Engagement (I Know its only Speculation.) :) Where would it come from Clarence House or Buckingham Palace
That photo caption just repeats the speculation from the papers.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Royal Highness

I have to say, I really don't like those Ugg boots. Haven't seen anyone looking good in them yet.:(
Old 04-27-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizy
I feel a little sorry for Kate having photogaphers popping out from behind every bush, lamp post etc but in a public space it's hard to control. It would be a more valid argument if photographers with big lenses were spying over walls or hiding up trees looking into private grounds. How will she cope though if she does become a princess to be or princess? The level of scrutiny will increase one hundred percent.
The flipside of this argument is that the media attention she deals with now is a preparation for what would come to anyone who marries William. What she must realize now is that if she can't find a way of coping with it now, she won't be able to cope with being married into the royal family. So it's a good test. She seems to be doing fine as far as I can tell. She seems to have a thick skin. I think she would be just fine if she marries him. But it's hard to say, I realize, being that my only source for judgement is how the media is presenting her.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelA
New pics: *isifa.com

KATE MIDDLETON OUT AND ABOUT IN LONDON, BRITAIN - 25 APR 2006
... Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton was spotted doing some last minute shopping on Tuesday (25 Apr) before jetting to the Caribbean with the royal heir. Kate, 24, looked lost in thought as she wandered along a North London street, maybe because there are rumours that Wills may propose to her when they are in Barbados....
What I don't get is how is it that Prince William is able to take off all that time for a vacation when he supposedly going through training at Sandhurst? Is Sandhurst like the U.S. Naval Academy where they take Spring break?

Tags
kate middleton