The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:45 AM
Gentry

I reckon! If she never attended to her appearance people would call her a slob. C'mon people she is a woman. Women do from time to time enjoy paying attention to their appearance and pampering. Sheesh give her a break.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

^ and Skydragon, I think coolgirl is refering to the other article of the new diana and fergie. Am I right or wrong?

Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Zenobia
I reckon! If she never attended to her appearance people would call her a slob. C'mon people she is a woman. Women do from time to time enjoy paying attention to their appearance and pampering. Sheesh give her a break.
I bet Kate never thought she would have to put up with all this as part of loving William.

pl - Only coolgirl can say if you were right or wrong but, it really doesn't matter does it.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

I just wish I could afford such an expensive treat. I don't quite get the aim of the story, was it a bad thing for Kate to have five-hour pampering or was it because the five hours were spent at a Richard Ward's?
Old 04-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
^ and Skydragon, I think coolgirl is refering to the other article of the new diana and fergie. Am I right or wrong?
yeah, i was refering to that article. i think kate's fine but if it was really true that she wasn't really invited by the royal family to the Cheltenham and that she only made it look like she was invited... wasn't that cunning enough?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Unless I am missing something....you can't make it look like you were invited to be in the royal box. Either you are in or you are not. So I am going to say she wasn't cunning. She is William's girlfriend. You can't make that up.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Gentry

i am basing my judgment with the article i saw about chelsy and kate. I SAID if the article was true.

but if it was not, then i'd say she'd make a fine girlfriend for prince william.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Unless I am missing something....you can't make it look like you were invited to be in the royal box. Either you are in or you are not. So I am going to say she wasn't cunning. She is William's girlfriend. You can't make that up.
You are right Zonk1189, the only way you get into the Royal Box, if the Royals are present is by invitation and even that, apparently, is after you are security checked. :)
Old 04-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgirl
yeah, i was refering to that article.
Thank you for the clarification coolgirl. :)
Old 04-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
^ I'm beginning to think that she is not that innocent...
Finally...
Old 04-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I just wish I could afford such an expensive treat. I don't quite get the aim of the story, was it a bad thing for Kate to have five-hour pampering or was it because the five hours were spent at a Richard Ward's?
You know I think stuff like this is confusing. I mean what "Middle Class" girl can afford that pampering? I never got how so many people dubb her as being middle class when she is living a life style such as this?
Old 04-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

just remember people...25+ years ago it was Lady Diana Spencer that made news simply by getting in and out of her car...before an engagement announce was made so all this hype is nothing new.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
You know I think stuff like this is confusing. I mean what "Middle Class" girl can afford that pampering? I never got how so many people dubb her as being middle class when she is living a life style such as this?
Maybe we should have an FAQ for Kate. haha, it's pretty much been established that UK middle class is different from US middle class. It basically means that her family isn't aristorcratic but they are not working class. Someone there could have less money than Kate's family but have a title and therefore would be upper class, as I understand it.

Anyway, I don't really believe that Fergie/Diana/Kate/Chelsy article. Most of it is from anonymous sources and is just conmentary from the writer. I read it as an editorial more than a news story.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Nobility

I think they describe Kate as upper middle class because her family is sucessful but in a modest way (like they own a mail order toy business so its not exactly aristocratic).
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
I think they describe Kate as upper middle class because her family is sucessful but in a modest way (like they own a mail order toy business so its not exactly aristocratic).
I could understand that. :)
Old 04-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
You are right Zonk1189, the only way you get into the Royal Box, if the Royals are present is by invitation and even that, apparently, is after you are security checked. :)
If it was true, which I cannot be certain of, of Kate appearing at the festival knowing full well that the press will be there, then of course being hounded by the press only to get an excuse as to be "invited" into the royal box is cunning.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Goodness, the press are getting their claws into her. Is it a slow news week or something? That Mail piece was full of quite unnecessary innuendo.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Nobility

As for Kate's day of pampering, I think it's not that big of a deal. Yes, it was a bit extravagant, but not wildly so. We have to remember that people have very high expectations of her - think how closely some of us pay attention to her appearance! If she was walking around looking disheveled, we'd be making an even bigger fuss. The fact that she's in the public eye I think entitles her to a little extravagance with regards to her appearance.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Nobility

^ Actually thay are doing what I said they will do. They built her up on this pedestal so that she can be looked as "Perfect Kate: princess material" and then once it gets to the point where people are sick of reading/writing that then they crash her down to the floor and write all these negative things about her to see how much she can take. They've done it before now its Kate's turn.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Nobility

My post above is not directed to you Isabella but at Elspeth comment. It seem that we both posted at the same time.

Tags
kate middleton