Kate Middleton Current Events 6: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Kate enrolled in an art history internship somewhere in London or does she have an actual job yet? I'm just wondering because the last I heard, when those pics of her on the bus came out, she was job-hunting.

No she doesn't she is starting her own baby clothing company.

She already graduate last summer with degree Art History... she is stilling look for job. baby clothes... i think she is working part time for her father's company for while maybe but i am not sure...... she is still shopping... but i am not sure...... play around .....

^ Most people who come out of Uni and have financial back-up have some downtime, plus even with a degree finding a job is not easy these days.

The take into account security etc, I am sure it all adds on more problems in trying to get a job.

EmmieLou said:
^ Most people who come out of Uni and have financial back-up have some downtime, plus even with a degree finding a job is not easy these days.

Then take into account security etc, I am sure it all adds on more problems in trying to get a job.

Thank you EmmieLou. Just some of the points that I and others have been trying to make in this poor girls defence. :rolleyes:
Nobody even knows whether she is working or not and it is not up to any of us, without knowing the facts to declare 'open season' on her.:)

Similar style

Woah it's uncanny how similar Kate and Princess Mary look-the picture of Mary was taken when she and Fred were dating!
gettyimages.com

------Click on this link to view Kate Middleton's outfit

I think most ladies have this basic outfit, blue jeans and a simple t-shirt/sweater.

But there is something about Kate that reminds a lot of folks, including myself, of CP Mary. Something other than their long dark hair. Kate looks like she could be Mary's younger sister.

From the article, it says "The majority describe Kate's style as "Sloaney" (60 per cent) while 24 per cent say it is chic and 15 per cent judge it boring." What is "sloaney"? And, who is Mary? Sorry, maybe too old to know these things or just be out of touch inside my dark cabin too long.
;)

Mary is married to Prince Fredrick of Denmark.

Sloaney is a fashion style from a place called Sloane Street which is in London. I used to hang out there all the time with my friends when I was living in the UK.

If anyone knows about Sloaneys then you would get this:
Are you pink or blue???

HRH Kimetha said:
From the article, it says "The majority describe Kate's style as "Sloaney" (60 per cent) while 24 per cent say it is chic and 15 per cent judge it boring." What is "sloaney"? And, who is Mary? Sorry, maybe too old to know these things or just be out of touch inside my dark cabin too long.
;)

Being called a Sloane is on a par with being called a toff. Basically it tends to refer to the upper classes.

Little_star said:
Being called a Sloane is on a par with being called a toff. Basically it tends to refer to the upper classes.

Upper Middle class, not upper class! :D Most of the sloanes live in or around Sloane Square - which is in SW1.:)

My goodness their mannerisms are similar Lilou. I wont die if they never marry but I would be so happy for them if they did. They look so sweet togther-on the occasions the public sees them togther. Wills is so besotted with her.

I would hate to see Kate married with William
Why?
well I don't know
I'm stupid ;)

Paula** said:
I would hate to see Kate married with William
Why?
well I don't know
I'm stupid ;)

yeah I agree you are not alone too.... I am too.. I don't know why.. I feel funny about her...

Lilou those comparisons were great! they really are quite alike

Does anyone else think she looks a little OTT. Maybe she could get away with wearing that outfit if she was an actual Royal or fully fledged celebrity. But she isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Kate, she can't win with her critics can she? She's either too dull or too over-the-top; dresses down or dresses up with no style; gets annoyed by paparazzi at the shops, or smiles for the press photographers at a large social racing event; and if that wasn't enough, she has the temerity to smile at a friend's wedding! And how come William gets off scott-free? After all, he's the other half of this relationship. There must be something catty to say about him too, surely?

Warren said:
Poor Kate, she can't win with her critics can she? She's either too dull or too over-the-top; dresses down or dresses up with no style; gets annoyed by paparazzi at the shops, or smiles for the press photographers at a large social racing event; and if that wasn't enough, she has the temerity to smile at a friend's wedding! And how come William gets off scott-free? After all, he's the other half of this relationship. There must be something catty to say about him too, surely?
Here here! I think she looks fabulous!

Britters said:
Here here! I think she looks fabulous!

I also think she looks great! And I didn't notice any trace, well, smugness or something, in her. She seems a very nice person.

There is even a pic of her in the Royal Box at Cheltenham. So I guess it's time to dress a bit "Royally" as she has done lately. She is correct, not OTT in my opinion.

I really like the coat and boots. But her delicate features look swamped by the big, furry hat.

If she was in the Royal Box, I think she was dressed appropriately - ie, to be seen.

Even if she wasn't in the Royal Box, from the pictures I've seen, it looks like people dress up for the Cheltenham Races. So the coat, boots and hat (though not that particular hat, if I had my way) were probably in line with what most people were wearing.

At least Kate's smiling. I think it's because she expected the photographers and knew it was going to be a pretty big event. Other photos of her are when she is shopping or doing daily errands. Her outfit is fine but that hat overwhelms her!

I think that she does look good. However, I do think that she looks too old for her age!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom