The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Nobility

It is not the fur I care about it is just the thought of what those poor animals go through to get the fur.

If you can sit through a video of what REALLY happens and still like fur then I would never say a bad word to you, but I think many people are in denial about fur.

I would rather if someone has to wear fur it be old pieces, if the Queen was to buy a new piece I would find that hard to take.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

I remember P Diana wearing a white fur coat/jacket in the early days of her marriage but swore she'd never do so again after she got a lot of flak. It's a personal choice. I was once given a fur coat as a gift but wore it twice then gave it away. I liked its warmth but received a lot of grimaces and didn't want someone running up to spraypaint me! So, for me, it just wasn't worth it. People have such strong feelings on this issue. Back to Kate; again, personal choice. She's not stupid; I'm sure she realized there would be a backlash from some circles. Clearly, she didn't/doesn't mind. Generally speaking, she comports herself with dignity so I'm willing to give her a pass on her clothing choices--particularly since she's still a private citizen, not a member of any royal family, and, therefore, is not making a statement with her choices of attire.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Yes it was a mistake, if you were able to hear all the negative comments being made about her here, you would realise that.
no...it wasn't a mistake. just because some people don't like to see people wearing fur doesn't mean everyone feels that way. if she wants to wear fur then she's certainly entitled to wear it. why is that because a certain part of society doesn't like fur then it makes it wrong for everyone???? speaking for everyone like that...now THAT'S the mistake.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Yes, I thought it was a foregone conclusion nowadays that the public figures with any sense wear fake furs only. Only idiots continue to wear real ones, unless of course the real fur happens to be an old piece. I guess you have some very fashionable people walking around with old furs from the 80s or beyond, but I meant, you just don't see any new real furs anymore.
why would you call people that wear fur "idiots"? if people want to wear real fur that their choice and who are you to name call? are you saying only animals killed after a certain time are to be protected?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy159
Wow, now that's the biggest line of bulls**t I've heard so far...NOT!!!
As a matter of fact - it is aganist the law in England, Wales, and Scotland to raise animals for the sole purpose of skinning them for fur!!!lol
Oh my god, what nice comment...
Do u know if it was fake fur?
Bullls** its your stupid comment
respect a lilttle bit more what other people think
Kisses my dear ;*
Old 03-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilou
I'm found too that kate looks like Mary.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ittlestory.jpg
Oh small photos. hard to see it does it has enlarge... great photos. but small... thank you for post it..

karla64
Old 03-24-2006, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
why would you call people that wear fur "idiots"? if people want to wear real fur that their choice and who are you to name call? are you saying only animals killed after a certain time are to be protected?
no no, what I'm saying is that real furs that are old, from a time before people had a very high awareness of how animals are treated for the acquisition of these furs and such things, those are fine...but why create new ones? if you have old furs in your closet, wear them. But why produce and buy new ones? That is all I am saying.
I am not even personally against the fur thing. I was just making a comment based on POPULAR opinions expressed in the media. It seems to me that a public figure would know better than to create a media stir and would, therefore, not do something that always provokes these things. Look how much we've been talking about it, it is evidence of that.
So while I am not personally against it, I do think it is rather stupid for any public figure who claims to want peace, yet does these provoking things.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Aristocracy

Kate is not anyone important right now. Who cares if she wore fur. She is not a public figure, she is just prince williams girlfriend.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:40 AM
Courtier

Hey guys
I have a doubt
Kate's name is "Katherine Elizabeth Middleton"(by wikipedia) or Kate Shane Middleton(by other site)
??????? anyone knows?:(
Old 03-24-2006, 04:07 AM
Courtier

Katherine Elizabeth Middleton! Kate Shane Middleton is someone from the US (Kentucky I believe...) Thank GOD we're back on a topic related to Kate!
Old 03-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Images from seeger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00156987.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	234094   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00156989.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	234095   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00156990.jpg
Views:	1308
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	234096  
Old 03-24-2006, 05:27 AM
Aristocracy

^ I like her earrings...she looks angry..I would be too if pappis were following me.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
I think Kate looked very good and elegant
If she wears fur or not its her problem ok?
:p Ha ha its cold enough to wear fur in England:p
I pity any person in a country in which it is cold enough to wear fur
I was more shocked that those the type of outfits they wear to major races

Kate holds a university degree, and I have no dobut that is well educated enough to make such decisions for herself and I dobut that considering she is confident enough to wear such an 'interesting' piece (I am refering to design, not material) of clothing she cares at all what the public think of her outfit.

Are the most recent photos of Kate ones of her shopping again? Lucky thing, I would love to be shopping as much as she does, but unfortunately no, I have to save :( , but from the smaller pictures (cause the bigger versions wont load) I have to say I love her bag, although I think she wears way to many neutral colours, I'd like to see more bright colours.

To steer my extremely long post away from my opinions on Kates clothes I was wondering after people mentioning about her working, if she wasn't to start a baby clothing company what sort of job we may see her working if she was to use her degree (Art history was it?)??

Sorry for the long post, mentioning her degree reminded me I meant to study tonight... oops :(
Old 03-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
no...it wasn't a mistake. just because some people don't like to see people wearing fur doesn't mean everyone feels that way. if she wants to wear fur then she's certainly entitled to wear it. why is that because a certain part of society doesn't like fur then it makes it wrong for everyone???? speaking for everyone like that...now THAT'S the mistake.
I don't believe that I said I speak for everyone in the entire country (UK) on this, I pointed out all the negative comments from the press and the public. I suggest that you look at some of the sites on the Animal Rights thread to see how these skins are obtained.
Kate is a pretty, wealthy young lady and I would have thought she had more taste.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Kate doesn't reveal too much of her personal life so I doubt if too many people know for sure about her working situation. If you know anything from a reputable source, then by all means share it, but we could speculate forever about what Kate really does and we really wouldn't know unless she lets it be known.

Case in point, her shopping, in the last pics, she's not carrying any shopping bags so if it's just window shopping, I could afford to do that all the time. :)
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-24-2006, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I don't believe that I said I speak for everyone in the entire country (UK) on this, I pointed out all the negative comments from the press and the public. I suggest that you look at some of the sites on the Animal Rights thread to see how these skins are obtained.
Kate is a pretty, wealthy young lady and I would have thought she had more taste.
I think everyone has had their say on Kate's hat. Some fur discussion is relevant to Kate because she wore one but at this point, I think the best place to continue the discussion on fur is the Animal Rights thread.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Kate doesn't reveal too much of her personal life so I doubt if too many people know for sure about her working situation. If you know anything from a reputable source, then by all means share it, but we could speculate forever about what Kate really does and we really wouldn't know unless she lets it be known.

Case in point, her shopping, in the last pics, she's not carrying any shopping bags so if it's just window shopping, I could afford to do that all the time. :)
She just works for her father at the moment:) The baby clothing was an idea, but it wasn't going to be just Kate doing it. Her father was going to add it onto his business so it is more of a family business thing. I have a feeling that that is what she will do until she chooses who she wants to marry or will marry.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
She just works for her father at the moment:) The baby clothing was an idea, but it wasn't going to be just Kate doing it. Her father was going to add it onto his business so it is more of a family business thing. I have a feeling that that is what she will do until she chooses who she wants to marry or will marry.
I havn't seen any evidence that she is working for him or about the baby clothing business.

Under UK law, he has to notify all the relevent tax departments and Companies House for an alteration in trading, so in reality, it is much easier to set up another company. Do you have a link to any of these stories or are they just rumours?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I havn't seen any evidence that she is working for him or about the baby clothing business.

Under UK law, he has to notify all the relevent tax departments and Companies House for an alteration in trading, so in reality, it is much easier to set up another company. Do you have a link to any of these stories or are they just rumours?
Well as they are not in the papers, I guess you could call them rumours, but as she is dating the future king, I don't think she will work anywhere else other than her father's business. But this is just my opinion so don't take it to heart.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think everything that could have been said about Kate's wearing fur has already been said. It's a subject that people are passionate about but there comes a time to move on and talk about other topics. Surely there's other things to talk about with Kate.

So let's start now and talk about something else.

ysbel
British forums moderator

-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton