The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Aristocracy

I think Kate looks beautiful with fur. She should wear it again.

I am for animal rights, as long as they are not hurt in the process.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melania
I think Kate looks beautiful with fur. She should wear it again.

I am for animal rights, as long as they are not hurt in the process.
I don't quite understand what you are saying. You are for fur AND animal rights?

Old 03-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Courtier

I think Kate looked very good and elegant
If she wears fur or not its her problem ok?
If somebody doen't agree with the use of animal fur don't use it and leave other people in peace... Cause the use of Fur its not a crime and everybody has the right to chose if wanna use fur or not ;]
So leave Kate alone... She made ser choice
Old 03-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
If somebody doen't agree with the use of animal fur don't use it and leave other people in peace... Cause the use of Fur its not a crime and everybody has the right to chose if wanna use fur or not
My sentiments exactly.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Kate has the right to wear fur if she wants but others have the right to criticize her as well. If she can take the heat, good for her.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
Diana never wore fur.
She did, on several occasions in the early 80's. One in particular was a white fur jackat she wore to several evening engagements.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Nobility

The woman next to Kate in this picture is also wearing fur. I don't see it as a big deal at all or as some big error. I think the papers just like to create drama or excitement. The fanatics are overreacting in cases like this. Just because they don't like fur doesn't mean that Kate can't wear it. The funny thing about this is we don't even know if it is real or not!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's a shame when people's fashion choices overshadow anything else as far as the press is concerned.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 AM

Guys, I seriously doubt Kate is stupid enough to wear real fur. No one with any modicum of a public existence is so clueless. Kate, with her "media training" at the palace, surely knows better.
Wearing fur violates so many of the royals' codes. It creates a controversy, it gets the media talking, it draws attention.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
She also wore furs once and while during her royal years.
Correction - Diana wore fake furs - unless you have pics of REAL FURS on DI's head or body??????????
Old 03-23-2006, 03:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
I think Kate looked very good and elegant
If she wears fur or not its her problem ok?
If somebody doen't agree with the use of animal fur don't use it and leave other people in peace... Cause the use of Fur its not a crime and everybody has the right to chose if wanna use fur or not ;]
So leave Kate alone... She made ser choice
Wow, now that's the biggest line of bulls**t I've heard so far...NOT!!!
As a matter of fact - it is aganist the law in England, Wales, and Scotland to raise animals for the sole purpose of skinning them for fur!!!lol
Old 03-23-2006, 03:29 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
The woman next to Kate in this picture is also wearing fur. I don't see it as a big deal at all or as some big error. I think the papers just like to create drama or excitement. The fanatics are overreacting in cases like this. Just because they don't like fur doesn't mean that Kate can't wear it. The funny thing about this is we don't even know if it is real or not!
The Woman your pointing out - well her fur looks VERY fake...good thing!:)
Old 03-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
people keep saying that kate made a mistake by wearing a fur hat. it's not a mistake. she wanted to wear a fur hat so she wore a fur hat...no big deal. only the people that are against this type of thing call it a mistake.
Yes it was a mistake, if you were able to hear all the negative comments being made about her here, you would realise that.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
it might have taken 3-4 minks or ferrets, or 1 fox. A female mink pelt can hold more heat
I wonder what the minks, ferrets or fox are wearing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Guys, I seriously doubt Kate is stupid enough to wear real fur.
Yes, you are probably right.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
people keep saying that kate made a mistake by wearing a fur hat. it's not a mistake. she wanted to wear a fur hat so she wore a fur hat...no big deal. only the people that are against this type of thing call it a mistake. i don't think it's a mistake. there's nothing wrong with liking fur. and it's hardly a symbol of wealth anymore. it annoys me that people that are against this kind of thing keep speaking for everyone. .
I wrote IMO
Old 03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Some people wear fur to keep warm, I do, I wore my fur coat in today because it is an unusually chilly spring. Sorry your statement was ill informed and offensive. I am not an ugly old woman and I do not spend time at St. Moritz not knowing what to do with my life nor have I had plastic surgery nor has anyone I know who wears fur and there are several of us here. Better luck with your next post being inoffensive.
i didn't want to offend you, I don't think that when you're in the streets you're followed by an army of paparazzi, sorry! and I didn't say that all people that wear fur are like these awful people. I just described what came to my mind when seeing the modest, down to earth kate wearing this thing. moreover I got a fur coat from my mom, too and I wear it when it is very cold. but honestly I don't think that Kate's choice had anything to do with weather. I didn't even say that she isn't allowed to wear fur in general, I think she should have chosen something different when going out with the royal family. and when doing so, she also has a certain responsibility for what she's wearing. I'm sure,she's already a role model for lots of girls. So even if the dead animal on her head has been in her family's possession for centuries and had an absolutely happy life and died because it was old or whatsoever, girls might try to copy her and buy their own dead animals...So it also doesn't really mater whether it was real fur or not as long as it is nor clearly visible.
This whole fur thing really makes me sad - I'm not only talking about the expensive fur pieces. The cheap zara, h&m or what so ever cats suffer so much only for us to wear them 1 season.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy159
Correction - Diana wore fake furs - unless you have pics of REAL FURS on DI's head or body??????????
Yes, I thought it was a foregone conclusion nowadays that the public figures with any sense wear fake furs only. Only idiots continue to wear real ones, unless of course the real fur happens to be an old piece. I guess you have some very fashionable people walking around with old furs from the 80s or beyond, but I meant, you just don't see any new real furs anymore.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Smith
i didn't want to offend you, I don't think that when you're in the streets you're followed by an army of paparazzi, sorry! and I didn't say that all people that wear fur are like these awful people. I just described what came to my mind when seeing the modest, down to earth kate wearing this thing. moreover I got a fur coat from my mom, too and I wear it when it is very cold. but honestly I don't think that Kate's choice had anything to do with weather. I didn't even say that she isn't allowed to wear fur in general, I think she should have chosen something different when going out with the royal family. and when doing so, she also has a certain responsibility for what she's wearing. I'm sure,she's already a role model for lots of girls. So even if the dead animal on her head has been in her family's possession for centuries and had an absolutely happy life and died because it was old or whatsoever, girls might try to copy her and buy their own dead animals...So it also doesn't really mater whether it was real fur or not as long as it is nor clearly visible.
This whole fur thing really makes me sad - I'm not only talking about the expensive fur pieces. The cheap zara, h&m or what so ever cats suffer so much only for us to wear them 1 season.
OK, now I understand you. Thanks for explaining, no offense taken. :)

I believe very strongly that its wasteful and disrespectful to the animals to use their skins for a fashion piece that is not useful nor lasts a long time. The coat I have was bought 6 years ago and has been my main winter coat for years and its lasted longer than two of the wool coats that I bought at the same time.

I eat meat and wear fur but I acknowledge that it takes a life and one must be respectful and not take it frivolously. Its somewhat similar to the Native American belief that when they killed a buffalo, they used as many parts of the buffalo as possible (bones for arrows and implements, hides for leather, meat for eating) because not doing so showed a disrespect for the life that was sacrificed.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen continues to wear real fur and she is no idiot. You are not an idiot for wearing fur. Some people think the animals suffer like humans and need to be saved, others see them as food and a warm hat or coat. Everyone has the right to wear fur and she shouldnt be condemd for wearing fur. Also, Diana did wear REAL fur in the early 80's. If you are going to kill a animal and use its meat and other parts mind as well use its fur. Lets not be wastefull.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
The Queen continues to wear real fur and she is no idiot. You are not an idiot for wearing fur. Some people think the animals suffer like humans and need to be saved, others see them as food and a warm hat or coat. Everyone has the right to wear fur and she shouldnt be condemd for wearing fur. Also, Diana did wear REAL fur in the early 80's. If you are going to kill a animal and use its meat and other parts mind as well use its fur. Lets not be wastefull.
But the Queen's furs are probably old classic pieces. As I said, old real furs are still in use by non-idiots.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton