The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Aristocracy

I agree. You do not expect photographers to jump out from behind a rack of clothes whilst shopping so of course you would be surprised and probably look a little shocked/startled in the resulting photos. At an event like Cheltenham photographers are expected so you are more likely to look a little more relaxed. I don't think she plays up to the cameras at all, quite the contrary.

Old 03-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate's in the firm

Her boyfriend may not have been there, but Kate Middleton looked comfortably at home in the royal box at Cheltenham on Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...urce=&ito=1490

Old 03-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Since we can quote up to 20% of a published article without breaching copyright provisions, here's some more from the Daily Mail:

Prince Charles, in particular, is said to dote on 24-year-old Miss Middleton, and Camilla has taken her under her wing and offered advice about how to handle life as a royal girlfriend. Indeed, it was Charles and Camilla who insisted she join them for their first outing to the biggest day in the racing calendar together.

One onlooker said: "It was astonishing to see how relaxed and comfortable Kate was around the heir to the throne. It just goes to prove how serious her relationship with William is. "It also shows how fond Camilla is of her, too."
Old 03-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Nobility

It seems to me that charles and camilla like kate and invited her to join them. She is after all williams girlfriend. Why shouldn't they enjoy her company.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Thanks a LOT for that pic, Warren. I didn't know Kate was that close to Charles, I thought they were just at the same event. Don't think she could get that close to the Royals if, well, she wasn't welcomed there.
I thought I read in the article that she was accompanied by Prince William's friend, which would mean she didn't have to pay extra to be in the Royal Box. Did I read the article right? Or, did I read something else?

Anyone read the same?

:)
Old 03-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Kate is moving closer and closer to princesshood and duchessdom and some people are freaking out! Hearts are breaking everywhere! While it might not be a sure thing that William will marry Kate, this closeness to the royal family is a lot like Sophie's while she was dating Prince Edward. Kate has been welcomed with open arms by the royals including the heir to the throne, Prince Charles. :)
Old 03-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Things are turning serious, aren't they?
Old 03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I thought I read in the article that she was accompanied by Prince William's friend, which would mean she didn't have to pay extra to be in the Royal Box. Did I read the article right? Or, did I read something else?
Anyone read the same?

:)
You cannot buy entry to the royal box.

Several of William's close friends were also invited, probably to make Kate comfortable and to give her people her own age to speak to.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Think more and more everyday that they will marry ( and that they should) they are so good for each other.......shes so pretty and seems Likable at least I
Old 03-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Nobility

Well I won;t be rushing out to buy a hat anytime soon!

Kate is part of that "set", as William's long term girlfriend she was invited along, it is nice but I doubt it means a marriage is coming up.

She fits into that scene well, and probably knows many other people there.

It shows that the Royals obviously accept her which is great but does it mean anything more? I doubt it for now.

I just wish she had chosen a better hat, fur, fake or real is not pretty in my opinion. Especially not that colour and on a young girl who could carry most things of.

But that is just my little point!

Maybe I am just living in a dream World where William marries someone from a normal background (Mette-Marit, Mary, Letizia), does not wear fur (I know many of the forementioned do but in the Uk it is not the done thing with the public) and is just ordinary buy loveable.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Nobility

I didn't see these pictures posted, so here they are. If they have been posted before, you can delete them.:)

Old 03-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Nobility

I think Kate looked really pretty in those pictures- you see what a smile can do to the person. People have been saying that the girl she was with was her sister Pippa. Does anyone have a pic of William's friend that was supposedly accompanying her because I haven't seen him in any pic.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
I think Kate looked really pretty in those pictures- you see what a smile can do to the person. People have been saying that the girl she was with was her sister Pippa. Does anyone have a pic of William's friend that was supposedly accompanying her because I haven't seen him in any pic.
WOW, was that really Pippa? They look nothing alike!:)
Old 03-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Nobility

I would never have said that was her sister, I had actually thought her sister was much younger but on looks alone I would not have thought they were related when I first looked at the pcs. I looked at them again and maybe there is a little bit of a resembalance.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Nobility

Don't they have a brother?:)
Old 03-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

As Elspeth noted in the 'Is William or Kate a snob' thread, the tone in the threads about Kate is rather more negative than necessary.

This Current Events thread is available for members to talk about Kate's current events-basically reports and pictures in the press that are related to Kate's activities.

While she may not have many current events nowadays, this is not a thread to post speculation and gossip about Kate or rehash old arguments about her rather during or in between events.

After a discussion among the British moderators and a cleanup of the thread to bring it back to Current Events and away from the same old arguments, we're re-opening this thread to the discussion of Kate's Current Events only. Anything non-Current Event related or the rehashing of the same old arguments about Kate is subject to be pulled.

ysbel
British forums moderator
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-19-2006, 02:13 AM
Courtier

To be honest, I really haven't paid all that much attention to Kate...ever!

From what I have seen, however, she is a bright young woman with direction, she values discreation, obviously loves William & is very pretty.

She seems polite & friendly enough....

"MII"
Old 03-19-2006, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, "MII"; now could we get back on topic, please?
Old 03-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Nobility

She looked beautiful and very elegant. I like her slow transition into the family.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Aristocracy

I am sure Prince William will be please with to see those pictures.

Tags
kate middleton