Kate Middleton Current Events 6: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate at the races. Getty Images

Two of her smiling, One not, to keep everyone happy. It's a pity she wore a real fur hat but, it looks nice and I would think it was warm! :D

See, I think the hat is far too old for her. I'm also in my early twenties, and I'd never consider wearing anything like that, she just looks like a little girl trying to be more mature than she is. That aside, I think she seems like a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders, and if she makes William happy that's the most important thing. I wish them luck, unlike Harry and Chelsy, but then that's a subject for another thread isn't it?

She has a dead animal on her head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. If Kate is accepted by the royal family and will one day be his bride. Why wasn't she photographed with any of the other members of the royal family that attended. Prince Charles and Camilla, Laura parker bowles and her sister? They seemed to have distanced themselves?

Look at wireimage.com for more pictures of who came to that event.

princesslily said:
This is so typical coming from the Sun newspaper. She isn't even next to the royal family. Anyone with a large sum of money can go in the royal box.
Here's the pic. As to being "next to the Royal Family", she's not exactly sitting in Charles's lap, but she's closer than most (rich) punters will ever get.
Princesslily, are you suggesting Kate paid to be invited into the immediate area occupied by Charles and his party? Is there an extra charge for only having two people between her and the Prince of Wales?

pic © Kelvin Bruce/Online Sun. Link posted by princesslily
Prince of Wales, xxx, xxx, Kate Middleton

KateatCheltenhamMar06.jpg

Thanks a LOT for that pic, Warren. I didn't know Kate was that close to Charles, I thought they were just at the same event. Don't think she could get that close to the Royals if, well, she wasn't welcomed there.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
princesslily said:
I have a question. If Kate is accepted by the royal family and will one day be his bride. Why wasn't she photographed with any of the other members of the royal family that attended. Prince Charles and Camilla, Laura parker bowles and her sister? They seemed to have distanced themselves?

Laura does not have a sister, that is her sister-in-law, Toms wife, Sara.

If they had distanced themselves, she would not have been in the royal box. Contrary to 'popular' belief, you can't just buy your way into the box, otherwise you would have to accept people like al Fayed. :eek:

On smiling and not smiling: When Kate goes to an event where she knows there are photographers(f.inst.wedding with royal guests, Cheltenham, other races) she of course accepts that and behaves normally, smiles and talks. When she is out shopping or partying etc she doesn't expect to be photographed and doesn't feel like smiling when the cameras are put in her face. I can understand her.

I agree. You do not expect photographers to jump out from behind a rack of clothes whilst shopping so of course you would be surprised and probably look a little shocked/startled in the resulting photos. At an event like Cheltenham photographers are expected so you are more likely to look a little more relaxed. I don't think she plays up to the cameras at all, quite the contrary.

Skydragon said:
Since we can quote up to 20% of a published article without breaching copyright provisions, here's some more from the Daily Mail:

Prince Charles, in particular, is said to dote on 24-year-old Miss Middleton, and Camilla has taken her under her wing and offered advice about how to handle life as a royal girlfriend. Indeed, it was Charles and Camilla who insisted she join them for their first outing to the biggest day in the racing calendar together.

One onlooker said: "It was astonishing to see how relaxed and comfortable Kate was around the heir to the throne. It just goes to prove how serious her relationship with William is. "It also shows how fond Camilla is of her, too."

It seems to me that charles and camilla like kate and invited her to join them. She is after all williams girlfriend. Why shouldn't they enjoy her company.

Avalon said:
Thanks a LOT for that pic, Warren. I didn't know Kate was that close to Charles, I thought they were just at the same event. Don't think she could get that close to the Royals if, well, she wasn't welcomed there.;)

I thought I read in the article that she was accompanied by Prince William's friend, which would mean she didn't have to pay extra to be in the Royal Box. Did I read the article right? Or, did I read something else?

Anyone read the same?

:)

Kate is moving closer and closer to princesshood and duchessdom and some people are freaking out! Hearts are breaking everywhere! While it might not be a sure thing that William will marry Kate, this closeness to the royal family is a lot like Sophie's while she was dating Prince Edward. Kate has been welcomed with open arms by the royals including the heir to the throne, Prince Charles. :)

Things are turning serious, aren't they?:rolleyes: ;)

HRH Kimetha said:
I thought I read in the article that she was accompanied by Prince William's friend, which would mean she didn't have to pay extra to be in the Royal Box. Did I read the article right? Or, did I read something else?
Anyone read the same?

:)

You cannot buy entry to the royal box.

Several of William's close friends were also invited, probably to make Kate comfortable and to give her people her own age to speak to.

I Think more and more everyday that they will marry ( and that they should) they are so good for each other.......shes so pretty and seems Likable at least I

Well I won;t be rushing out to buy a hat anytime soon!

Kate is part of that "set", as William's long term girlfriend she was invited along, it is nice but I doubt it means a marriage is coming up.

She fits into that scene well, and probably knows many other people there.

It shows that the Royals obviously accept her which is great but does it mean anything more? I doubt it for now.

I just wish she had chosen a better hat, fur, fake or real is not pretty in my opinion. Especially not that colour and on a young girl who could carry most things of.

But that is just my little point!

Maybe I am just living in a dream World where William marries someone from a normal background (Mette-Marit, Mary, Letizia), does not wear fur (I know many of the forementioned do but in the Uk it is not the done thing with the public) and is just ordinary buy loveable.

I didn't see these pictures posted, so here they are. If they have been posted before, you can delete them.:)

57117573.jpg

57116834.jpg

57116829.jpg

I think Kate looked really pretty in those pictures- you see what a smile can do to the person. People have been saying that the girl she was with was her sister Pippa. Does anyone have a pic of William's friend that was supposedly accompanying her because I haven't seen him in any pic.

kaydura0717 said:
I think Kate looked really pretty in those pictures- you see what a smile can do to the person. People have been saying that the girl she was with was her sister Pippa. Does anyone have a pic of William's friend that was supposedly accompanying her because I haven't seen him in any pic.

WOW, was that really Pippa? They look nothing alike!:)

I would never have said that was her sister, I had actually thought her sister was much younger but on looks alone I would not have thought they were related when I first looked at the pcs. I looked at them again and maybe there is a little bit of a resembalance.

Last edited:
As Elspeth noted in the 'Is William or Kate a snob' thread, the tone in the threads about Kate is rather more negative than necessary.

This Current Events thread is available for members to talk about Kate's current events-basically reports and pictures in the press that are related to Kate's activities.

While she may not have many current events nowadays, this is not a thread to post speculation and gossip about Kate or rehash old arguments about her rather during or in between events.

After a discussion among the British moderators and a cleanup of the thread to bring it back to Current Events and away from the same old arguments, we're re-opening this thread to the discussion of Kate's Current Events only. Anything non-Current Event related or the rehashing of the same old arguments about Kate is subject to be pulled.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Last edited:
To be honest, I really haven't paid all that much attention to Kate...ever!

From what I have seen, however, she is a bright young woman with direction, she values discreation, obviously loves William & is very pretty.

She seems polite & friendly enough....

"MII"

Thank you, "MII"; now could we get back on topic, please?

She looked beautiful and very elegant. I like her slow transition into the family.

I am sure Prince William will be please with to see those pictures. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom