The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 03-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 9
About the way she dresses, So-Cal... my take on it is the same as yours. :)
__________________

  #162  
Old 03-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLaura
Do you think when kate is going to marry prince William , she will be styled princess catherine ? or just princesss Kate ? (sounds too 'normal')
If Kate marries William before Charles becomes King, she will be styled The Princess William. When Charles becomes King and he then bestows the title of Prince of Wales upon William, he becomes the Prince of Wales and Kate would become Catherine (and it is spelled with a "C"), The Princess of Wales. Anyone on TRF who wishes to correct me, please do so. :)
__________________

  #163  
Old 03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
princesslily's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West London, United Kingdom
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelA
KATE MIDDLETON SHOPPING IN THE KINGS ROAD
(credit: isifa.com)
I know the girl Kate is hanging out with. I went to prep school with her in West Sussex. She also studied History of Art at St. Andrews.
  #164  
Old 03-04-2006, 08:20 PM
princesslily's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West London, United Kingdom
Posts: 182
Oh and just more interesting info...Kate smokes.

Also I'm shocked at how the press are branding Kate as innocent. She isn't as innocent as people make her out to be.

Also she only met Charles and not the Queen. They are not marrying soon, but are in a serious relationship, if it continues they may marry in the future.

Also Kate and Will are not living together because the royal family would think that it is not a good reputation to live with your partner until you are married. The only cover up for them to live together in Scotland was because they were students.
  #165  
Old 03-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
I think we'd be better off sticking to material available in the press. I'm afraid we've had problems in the past with people who claim to know royals and their close associates, and we have no way of knowing if those claims are true.

Elspeth

British forum moderator
  #166  
Old 03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
princesslily's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West London, United Kingdom
Posts: 182
The press are rubbish. But okay I will keep my mouth shut and take about stuff only from the press.
  #167  
Old 03-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
If Kate marries William before Charles becomes King, she will be styled The Princess William. When Charles becomes King and he then bestows the title of Prince of Wales upon William, he becomes the Prince of Wales and Kate would become Catherine (and it is spelled with a "C"), The Princess of Wales. Anyone on TRF who wishes to correct me, please do so. :)
Not a correction Laviolette, but extra. :)
When William marries chances are he will be made a Royal Duke, so his wife will become HRH The Duchess of xxx. When Charles becomes King and William is created Prince of Wales, his wife's new title will be simply HRH The Princess of Wales.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #168  
Old 03-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
Oh and just more interesting info...Kate smokes.

Also I'm shocked at how the press are branding Kate as innocent. She isn't as innocent as people make her out to be.

Also she only met Charles and not the Queen. They are not marrying soon, but are in a serious relationship, if it continues they may marry in the future.

Also Kate and Will are not living together because the royal family would think that it is not a good reputation to live with your partner until you are married. The only cover up for them to live together in Scotland was because they were students.
Kate smokes? WOW, there goes her image.
  #169  
Old 03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
regardez's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 319
Is smoking that big of a deal in Europe?

Also, how do we know she smokes? I've never seen a picture of her smoking or read anything about her doing it. It wouldn't change my opinion though. She's an audlt for pete's sake.
__________________
now that the lilacs are in bloom,
she keeps a bowl of lilacs in her room
  #170  
Old 03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
Oh and just more interesting info...Kate smokes.

Also I'm shocked at how the press are branding Kate as innocent. She isn't as innocent as people make her out to be.

Also she only met Charles and not the Queen. They are not marrying soon, but are in a serious relationship, if it continues they may marry in the future.

Also Kate and Will are not living together because the royal family would think that it is not a good reputation to live with your partner until you are married. The only cover up for them to live together in Scotland was because they were students.
I've never seen a picture of Kate smoking. Until then I will continue to believe she does not smoke. Also, I don't think there is any proof one way or the other that she has or has not met the Queen. Certainly at William's graduation from St. Andrews last June he introduced Kate to his family and the Queen was part of his family who attended the graduation.
  #171  
Old 03-06-2006, 03:21 AM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Chelsy and Kate top totty
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006100578,00.html
  #172  
Old 03-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Aussie Princess's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: n/a, Australia
Posts: 373
I think Kate wouldn't smoke cause if she did we would probably have seen a picture of it.The press would love it:p
  #173  
Old 03-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I've never seen a picture of Kate smoking. Until then I will continue to believe she does not smoke. Also, I don't think there is any proof one way or the other that she has or has not met the Queen. Certainly at William's graduation from St. Andrews last June he introduced Kate to his family and the Queen was part of his family who attended the graduation.
Kate also met the Queen at Charles and Camilla's wedding reception. I believe that she has met the Queen on more than one occasion. I'm quite certain that if Kate was a smoker, some tabloid somewhere would have had a photo of it by now!
  #174  
Old 03-06-2006, 11:32 AM
princesslily's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West London, United Kingdom
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
I think Kate wouldn't smoke cause if she did we would probably have seen a picture of it.The press would love it:p
There was a picture but I cannot find it on the web, of her on a skiing holiday and they are all sitting down and she is smoking.
  #175  
Old 03-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
She isn't as innocent as people make her out to be.
That's a serious allegation to make, where is the proof?
  #176  
Old 03-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Yeah, I don't think Kates parent's are the type that are going to yell at her to do better or pick more boxes up at work. I don't know about you guys, but the girl has it pretty good.:)
Which is why I'm bewildered as to why she is so sour faced. She has zero burdens that many of us here on this forum face. Which is why I'm getting tired of seeing pictures of her frowning as if she is having to make a life altering decision that very minute.
  #177  
Old 03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
karla64's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lynnwood, United States
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
There was a picture but I cannot find it on the web, of her on a skiing holiday and they are all sitting down and she is smoking.
really I don't know that she is smoking... maybe william smoking????







  #178  
Old 03-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
really I don't know that she is smoking... maybe william smoking????
No one knows that she is, as no one seems to have seen a photo. I don't think William is either!
  #179  
Old 03-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Yeah, I don't think Kates parent's are the type that are going to yell at her to do better or pick more boxes up at work. I don't know about you guys, but the girl has it pretty good.:)
I didn't actually say they were the type to yell at her but, it is harder on the child working for the parents as the desire not to let them down can put a lot of pressure on the child.
She might just have chosen to wear the wrong shoes that day and they hurt.
  #180  
Old 03-06-2006, 06:03 PM
selrahc4's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
Which is why I'm bewildered as to why she is so sour faced. She has zero burdens that many of us here on this forum face. Which is why I'm getting tired of seeing pictures of her frowning as if she is having to make a life altering decision that very minute.
Some people have faces which, in repose, naturally tend to look stern or sullen. This doesn't necessarily mean that is what they are feeling. Queen Elizabeth II is an example. And some others are more fortunately born with the kind of face that looks constantly cheerful. The late Queen Mother is a good example of this.

Perhaps Kate's look, when not conscious of being observed, is an inherently serious one.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 3: January-February 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 242 02-07-2008 07:52 AM
Kate Middleton Current Events 18: February-March 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 202 03-16-2007 08:56 PM
Kate Middleton Current Events 17: January-February 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 202 02-08-2007 02:44 AM
Kate Middleton Current Events 6: March-April 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 253 04-09-2006 12:55 AM
Kate Middleton Current Events 4: December 2005-February 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 217 02-09-2006 04:36 PM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark earl of snowdon fashion poll general news grand duke jean hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume historical infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince emmanuel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince of wales prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofias hats princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margerthe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sofia rohan state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises