Kate Middleton Current Events 5: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tzu An said:
Which is why I'm bewildered as to why she is so sour faced. She has zero burdens that many of us here on this forum face. Which is why I'm getting tired of seeing pictures of her frowning as if she is having to make a life altering decision that very minute.

Thank-you. That's what I've been trying to say from day one. Why is she so mad? I mean is all of Britian depending on Kate Middleton to make a crucial desicion which will change their lives? Didn't think so. Tony Blair is more happy than this women, and HE has to make some tough decisions. :)

Laraib said:
Thank-you. That's what I've been trying to say from day one. Why is she so mad? I mean is all of Britian depending on Kate Middleton to make a crucial desicion which will change their lives? Didn't think so. Tony Blair is more happy than this women, and HE has to make some tough decisions. :)

ive never seen it that way, but thinking about it, i agree with you. i always liked her, and i still do, but she could change the way she acts in public. i know she never signed any paper to give her private life away, but she's dating one of the most photographed man in the world. like she's never going to be followed and people won't care about her!!!

Wow, I've been reading these posts and you guys can be brutal! I think it should be remembered that Kate is still young.
She is not a princess, so she won't have a personal stylist. As far as I can tell she's done an excellent job in her clothing choices and obviously has a natural sense of style. She seems to be a very poised young lady and like CP Mary in her day she seems very discreet.
You make fun of her for working just a few hours- at least she is working unlike many of the other socialites one sees.
Also, you say she looks unhappy in her pictures and should just get used to it. She's probably not used to being "on stage" all the time and is undoubtably unnerved by all the attention. If she smiled all the time people would say she was happy for the attention and only dating Prince William for the popularity it would bring her.
Lastly, I think we need to remember that you don't choose whom you fall in love with. I think it was Prince Felipe of Spain who said, "El amor viene de pronto, y cuando viene ya no tiene remedio" (love comes suddenly and once it does there is no cure).
If this relationship does work out for them I think we'll all see how quickly she'll adapt to her new role. I think this is one girl that will impress us all.

audrey2731 said:
ive never seen it that way, but thinking about it, i agree with you. i always liked her, and i still do, but she could change the way she acts in public. i know she never signed any paper to give her private life away, but she's dating one of the most photographed man in the world. like she's never going to be followed and people won't care about her!!!

I agree. You have to sacrifice some things to be with the person you care about. in this case her freedom, and privacy. It's not like someone forced her to do this (or maybe someone did?) if your getting to hott that stay out of the kitchen! :eek:

Laraib said:
Actually, she wears some trends WAAY to much. Like the boots.:)

Boots like that are huge in the UK right now, they have been for a couple of years. She's not dressed any differently from most people her age.

AnaM said:
Wow, I've been reading these posts and you guys can be brutal! I think it should be remembered that Kate is still young.
She is not a princess, so she won't have a personal stylist. As far as I can tell she's done an excellent job in her clothing choices and obviously has a natural sense of style. She seems to be a very poised young lady and like CP Mary in her day she seems very discreet.
You make fun of her for working just a few hours- at least she is working unlike many of the other socialites one sees.
Also, you say she looks unhappy in her pictures and should just get used to it. She's probably not used to being "on stage" all the time and is undoubtably unnerved by all the attention. If she smiled all the time people would say she was happy for the attention and only dating Prince William for the popularity it would bring her.
Lastly, I think we need to remember that you don't choose whom you fall in love with. I think it was Prince Felipe of Spain who said, "El amor viene de pronto, y cuando viene ya no tiene remedio" (love comes suddenly and once it does there is no cure).
If this relationship does work out for them I think we'll all see how quickly she'll adapt to her new role. I think this is one girl that will impress us all.

That's exactly what I'm thinking! People complain when she looks bored or even angry into the camera, they complain when she "poses" and smiles, they complain that she wears boring clothes but than they complain that her jeans are too low cut and in the Chelsey thread that chelsey would only be interested in fashion. I've already read that some people thought Charlotte Casiraghi would show too much skin. I'd like to read what people write when Kate goes shopping every day for the latest trends with Wills' or better to say the British duty(?) payer's money as a certain princess used to do. People who don't run for every latest trend but have their own style and care for other things than fashion have always been my best friend and IMo should do the king/queen job.
People also complain that Kate already had a crush on William before she ever met him, had his picture on her wall and went to St. A only to meet him. That may be true, but if only a girl can truely love William that didn't know him before their first meeting, he has a big problem. None of us would be allowed to be his girlfriend than.
Last but no least people comlain that kate needs a stylist, bodyguard... Than please stop speculating that they'll get married soon, are already engaged... Come on, they're just 23. I don't want to say that she surely won't be queen, but please don't make that girl more important than she is.

JOY! said:
I agree. You have to sacrifice some things to be with the person you care about. in this case her freedom, and privacy. It's not like someone forced her to do this (or maybe someone did?) if your getting to hott that stay out of the kitchen! :eek:

That's right. ;) :)

Mrs.Smith said:
Come on, they're just 23.

Actually Kate is 24, one year older than Will. She was born in 1981 and Will was born in 1982.

Actually they were born in the same year. Kate is older by only a few months. (Her birthday is in January and his is in June) but they are both born in 1982.

regardez said:
Actually they were born in the same year. Kate is older by only a few months. (Her birthday is in January and his is in June) but they are both born in 1982.

oh I get it. Thanks for clearing that up. :eek::D

Warren said:
Not a correction Laviolette, but extra. :)
When William marries chances are he will be made a Royal Duke, so his wife will become HRH The Duchess of xxx. When Charles becomes King and William is created Prince of Wales, his wife's new title will be simply HRH The Princess of Wales.

IOn any case, because of Prince Williams position, will she not become Princess Catherine? He is a Prince of the blood, so doen't that mean that his wife will retain her own name and become a princess in her own right? OR something along those lines?

Empress said:
IOn any case, because of Prince Williams position, will she not become Princess Catherine? He is a Prince of the blood, so doen't that mean that his wife will retain her own name and become a princess in her own right? OR something along those lines?

No, she will never be a Princess in her own right, nor was his mother.:)

Skydragon said:

You are probably right, but one never knows... Okay, you're right about Princess Diana, but there has since been the example of Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, so within Royal Circles the idea that advancing the bride to a title of her own (in case the marriages fails) should not be so way beyond their thinking... Probably not "Princess" as - different from Germany, eg - the UK has been very careful with titles of that level. But as king Charles II. appointed two of his mistresses to the title of "duchess in their own right" it wouldn't be a first...

Skydragon said:

that Prince William's choice to become future Queen of England but Kate can become Princess like his mother the Princess Diana who still as Princess but Diana never become Queen of England when she got divorces from Prince Charles in 1996 but im sure William can become King of England and he have rights to chose any girls and he found perfect as Kate

Does anyone think that they are actually holding off any marriage plans because the tax payers pay for some of the royal family marriage costs? Would the British public and Parliment and anti-royalist have a field day in demanding, I guess would be a good term, that their tax monies be spent more wisely, especially since the happenings in Iraq and Afghanistan. And, there is Iran on the burner now. Or, did Diana's people (Earl Spencer) put out a lot of the money for her marriage to Charles.

Does Kate's parents have a lot of money to spend at least several million on her marriage to Wills?

Perhaps maybe getting Wills into a uniform would make a better selling point to the tax payers to foot the bill.

Anyone?

:)

Will's already said in an interview that he is too young and not thinking about marriage until he is at least 28. I think he just isn't ready for marriage yet.

sara1981 said:
that Prince William's choice to become future Queen of England but Kate can become Princess like his mother the Princess Diana who still as Princess but Diana never become Queen of England when she got divorces from Prince Charles in 1996 but im sure William can become King of England and he have rights to chose any girls and he found perfect as Kate

This has been covered so many times, Only those who are of the royal blood can be called Princess whatever in the UK.:)

The Queen ended up footing the bill for much of the wedding of Diana and Charles. I don't think the Spencers contributed much, save for a trousseau of dresses. I'm not even sure who paid for Diana's wedding dress....

Kate's parents are supposedly quite well off but footing the bill for a large royal wedding would be enormous. Besides, it seems from what PWilliam has said, he's not planning to marry till he's 28 or 30.....so we've got a wait ahead of us. And while Kate and William seem very compatible in that they look like they greatly enjoy one another's company, who knows who William may meet--or Kate, for that matter? With William in training and Kate in London, the daily contact they had in university no longer exists. It will be interesting to see a year from now if they are a couple or just friends.

HRH Kimetha said:
Does anyone think that they are actually holding off any marriage plans because the tax payers pay for some of the royal family marriage costs? Would the British public and Parliment and anti-royalist have a field day in demanding, I guess would be a good term, that their tax monies be spent more wisely, especially since the happenings in Iraq and Afghanistan. And, there is Iran on the burner now. Or, did Diana's people (Earl Spencer) put out a lot of the money for her marriage to Charles.

Does Kate's parents have a lot of money to spend at least several million on her marriage to Wills?

Perhaps maybe getting Wills into a uniform would make a better selling point to the tax payers to foot the bill.

Anyone?

:)

I dont think Britian will start letting royal brides be styled Princess N. anytime soon. On special circumstances yes like Princess Alice but I dont think she will be doing it to all brides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom