Kate Middleton Current Events 5: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
regardez said:
I have no idea how to guage how serious her visit was. Are friends allowed to visit Sandhurst or is this as "special" as the article makes it sound?

The only thing that made it unusual was the fact that Prince Charles is his Dad and chose, as a sweetener, to take Kate along.:D

Skydragon said:

Geez! She looks like she is about to beat somebody up! Can she be a little thankfull for her destiny???:mad:
God, if she is this mad about getting her pictures taken, then maybe nobody WANTS to look at her pictures.I have never seen such a stuck up princess--Opps, wait, she is not EVEN a princess, so why the heck is she so mad?? She is starting to get on my nerves! Maybe William should reconsider his choice of a girlfriend 'cause I would hate to see her going throught SUCH misery!!:cool:

Maybe she is just tired from a long day at work and is a little shocked by the real work world. I know when I started working right out of high school it was hard, I never had to deal with people like this or deal with these demands before. And I'm sure the paparazzi catching her tired or after having a bad day doesn't help either.

Wow, I'd be tired too - after 4 long hours of hard labor working for my mom and dad. Whew, I thought I had it tough working 8 to 5, and being a single mom.
Poor Kate!
I guess some people just it tough.

Laraib said:
Geez! She looks like she is about to beat somebody up! Can she be a little thankfull for her destiny???:mad:
God, if she is this mad about getting her pictures taken, then maybe nobody WANTS to look at her pictures.I have never seen such a stuck up princess--Opps, wait, she is not EVEN a princess, so why the heck is she so mad?? She is starting to get on my nerves! Maybe William should reconsider his choice of a girlfriend 'cause I would hate to see her going throught SUCH misery!!:cool:
great post! I can hardly stop laughing! :D I agree she looks mad as heck and generally looks like she doesn't want to be bothered lately, like William is just her boyfriend and he's all hers. Well he's the future King of England, King William V.

Maybe this relationship will run its course and he'll meet and marry someone who will appreciate her destiny.

tammy159 said:
Wow, I'd be tired too - after 4 long hours of hard labor working for my mom and dad. Whew, I thought I had it tough working 8 to 5, and being a single mom.
Poor Kate!
I guess some people just it tough.
hehehe, you guys are really cracking me up! :D

She might be stuck-up and all that. But this one photo, which means one second of her whole entire day, is all that we have seen of this. Her other photos don't look as bad, she just looks neutral in them. Don't tell me 24 hours a day you are Mr./Ms. Cheery. I agree that Kate should just be a little bit more inviting with the press and not look so grumpy. But jumping down her throats for one picture is not really fair. I know she's dating a prince and all but she is human.

I sometimes wonder when we see these pap shots, that the photographed person is almost squinting into the distance, trying to work out if they are being photographed - does that make sense? Because the photographers sit in their cars or in bushes, so if I was Kate, coming out of work and saw someone a fair distance away in a car, I would probably pull that face trying to work out if it was papparrazzi...

It is said to be harder working for your parents than for another employer. The expectations are higher and your parents can yell at you, which they can't for a normal employee.

It looks to me that they chose the worst shot they could of this young woman.

She has every right to look annoyed at being followed around by these people, just because she is dating William does not mean she signed away all her rights to live a normal, private life.

I think it depends on your situation when working with your parents. I do my parent's accounts every year and used to work for my dad's practice part time and I never found it difficult. It depends very much on your relationship with your parents and also probably what the family business is. Kate seems close to her parents I think it would work.

Laviollette said:
great post! I can hardly stop laughing! :D I agree she looks mad as heck and generally looks like she doesn't want to be bothered lately, like William is just her boyfriend and he's all hers. Well he's the future King of England, King William V.

Maybe this relationship will run its course and he'll meet and marry someone who will appreciate her destiny.

I would have said she looks like she was deep in her own thoughts and suddently realised that what she thought was a private moment was being photographed. hardly a reason to suddenly think "gosh, I have a wonderful destiny before me (esp if it means constantly being trailed by photographers) and I should be just smiling dreamily all the time as I contemplate the future and that boyfriend that's all mine". how silly.

I think she had to sneeze but she couldn't the sneeze was just waiting in her nose and it wouldn't come up. So she was walking and trying to sneeze at the same time :p

Echo7 said:
I think it depends on your situation when working with your parents. I do my parent's accounts every year and used to work for my dad's practice part time and I never found it difficult. It depends very much on your relationship with your parents and also probably what the family business is. Kate seems close to her parents I think it would work.

Yeah, I don't think Kates parent's are the type that are going to yell at her to do better or pick more boxes up at work. I don't know about you guys, but the girl has it pretty good.:)

A little lyric from Andrew Lloyd Webber seems to fit the bill for Kate very nicely;

"No, We wouldn't mind, seeing her Harrods. But behind the jewellery counter - not in front".

do you feel the same about Mary of Denmark, Kate could turn out like her and she is doing a good job.

BeatrixFan said:
A little lyric from Andrew Lloyd Webber seems to fit the bill for Kate very nicely;

"No, We wouldn't mind, seeing her Harrods. But behind the jewellery counter - not in front".

do you feel the same about Mary of Denmark

Not at all. Mary's wonderful. But she actually smiles, looks cheerful and has something about her. Kate doesn't and is almost as bland as her boyfriend.

BeatrixFan said:
Not at all. Mary's wonderful. But she actually smiles, looks cheerful and has something about her. Kate doesn't and is almost as bland as her boyfriend.
This is true. CP Mary was always pleasant and smiled for the press before quietly going about her business. She knew that there was going to be interest in her since she was dating, some believe living with, the future King of Denmark.

She looks so old fashioned
I see people classy, sassy, normal, old fashioned, on fashion.
I used to see her as Classy... But her skirts are sooo "mama's skirts"
But if she likes... good for her :cool:

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered so exuse me if it has but does anybody know if Kate has brothers or sister's on the Hellomagazine profile of her it says she has three siblings or is one of three siblings but until then I've never heard of her having siblings. And I've never seen her with them. Does anybody know is she does have brothers or sisters?

Yes she has a younger sister, Philippa ("Pippa") who goes to Edinburgh University I believe and her brother James is the youngest.

Does anybody know what Kate's father did before he opened his Party Pieces company (the website says it started in 1986). I know Kate's mother was a flight attendant but I've never heard about what her father did before

I agree that the press print certain pictures to go with their story or project a certain images of someone. In Kate's case most of the pictures we see of her are the ones where she looks surly....

www.gettyimages.com

Nice pictures Lil princess lost! On first images is Kate red, do you think, that she knew, that they are doing photos?

At the horse fair, the smiling pics - I think she's posing - like at the Christmas thing. I mean, she's looking right at the camra!!!

Royal Fan said:
I Think shes so impressive :)
despite her surly looks lately, i like her too. she totally reminds me of CP Mary and it gives me an idea of her potential as a princess, not that i would want her to make herself into Mary. she will bring her own personality and she would be Catherine of Wales (i know i'm getting ahead of myself here). :D frankly i am glad William has good taste in picking a girlfriend. she's not a bimbo, she's discreet and smart. he could be going out with the most awful girls like our pal in Monaco but he's not. i adore him even more for that - even if he's losing his hair. ;)

New pics of Kate shopping

KATE MIDDLETON SHOPPING IN THE KINGS ROAD
(credit: isifa.com)

Attachments

• kate.jpg
    kate.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 272
  • kate1.jpg
    kate1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4,742
  • kate2.jpg
    kate2.jpg