Kate Middleton Current Events 5: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Kate reminds me of Princess Mary. I don't know what kind of princess she might be but my guess is William will marry her. She provides comfort, stability and trust for him. I think she's the one and a wedding might take place sooner than we think.

I Think the same thing you read my mind :)

maybe she's smiling like she's got a secret? like a secret engagement!haha you never know!

No you just never know from where would they annouce it Buckingham Palace Clarence House ???? Could he marry in his cadet Uniform wonder if hed get a title or the Garter wonder what Church they would marry in id say St Georges or Westminster Abbey or even Sandringham Church of St Mary

Royal Fan said:
No you just never know from where would they annouce it Buckingham Palace Clarence House ???? Could he marry in his cadet Uniform wonder if hed get a title or the Garter wonder what Church they would marry in id say St Georges or Westminster Abbey or even Sandringham Church of St Mary
Hey don't get too ahead of yourself we are just speculating.:D

kaydura0717 said:
Hey don't get too ahead of yourself we are just speculating.:D

I don't think Will would get married before he finish his military training, it won't be fair to his wife

crisiñaki said:
I don't think Will would get married before he finish his military training, it won't be fair to his wife

I don't think he will either. I'd be surprised if he did.

He said he would wait until he was at least 30 didn't he? I think he will stick to his word.

Juliet said:
He said he would wait until he was at least 30 didn't he? I think he will stick to his word.

He made that comment long before he had a steady girlfriend...it would seem to be overkill if they waited another 7 years when they've been together 4 already! (Assuming he marries Kate-which I think would be fantastic!)

Still, I think it would very fullish of him to marry Kate NOW. Yes, they have been dating each other for 4 years now, but look at the age they are dating in. I think at this age you think you are in love, but you really are just confused.(not saying that William is) I think a lot of young couples actually prepare for the wedding rather than the marriage. Hopefully, William learned his lesson.;) :)

Laraib said:
Still, I think it would very fullish of him to marry Kate NOW. Yes, they have been dating each other for 4 years now, but look at the age they are dating in. I think at this age you think you are in love, but you really are just confused.(not saying that William is) I think a lot of young couples actually prepare for the wedding rather than the marriage. Hopefully, William learned his lesson.;) :)

These kinds of comments drive me nuts...

I know people never mean it personally towards someone else on the boards...but (as I've stated before) most of the people I know are either married or engaged. We're all around the same age as William and Kate. I myself am a mere year younger then William...

I find it rather insulting at any rate that simply based on ones age, people believe we don't know whether we are in love or not.

Whether you want to recognize it or not age has a lot to do with whether a relationship will last. When your young you just arent the experienced with the real world and life. They just left college and are only now getting ready to enter the real world. I dont think they are ready to get married right now.

Britters said:
These kinds of comments drive me nuts...

I know people never mean it personally towards someone else on the boards...but (as I've stated before) most of the people I know are either married or engaged. We're all around the same age as William and Kate. I myself am a mere year younger then William...

I find it rather insulting at any rate that simply based on ones age, people believe we don't know whether we are in love or not.

A lot of the people replying against William marrying because he is too young, appear to be the same age as well.:)
I'm afraid that it is true that as most people get older, their opinions change, as do their ideals and what they actually want from a partner/husband/wife.
You don't want the same things now that you wanted when you were 12, do you? That change doesn't stop when you reach 23. Being 'in love' and living with someone on a permanent basis are two different things, in most cases.
I hope that whoever William marries, he is truly in love with her, she with him and that it remains that way.
It is a fact that a lot of marriages end in divorce.:)

Skydragon said:
A lot of the people replying against William marrying because he is too young, appear to be the same age as well.:)
I'm afraid that it is true that as most people get older, their opinions change, as do their ideals and what they actually want from a partner/husband/wife.
You don't want the same things now that you wanted when you were 12, do you? That change doesn't stop when you reach 23. Being 'in love' and living with someone on a permanent basis are two different things, in most cases.
I hope that whoever William marries, he is truly in love with her, she with him and that it remains that way.
It is a fact that a lot of marriages end in divorce.:)

Yes people change. People change a lot through college as well. I for sure wasn't the same at 17 as I was at 21...but I still made it work with my fiance. My parents married straight out of high school, and are still happily married today. Both set of grandparents married younger then myself and they are all still going strong.

In fact, statiscally the older generations married much younger then people today, and fewer then 5% ended up divorced. Age has nothing to do with it in my opinion. It's all based on ones scruples.

Britters said:
Yes people change. People change a lot through college as well. I for sure wasn't the same at 17 as I was at 21...but I still made it work with my fiance. My parents married straight out of high school, and are still happily married today. Both set of grandparents married younger then myself and they are all still going strong.

In fact, statiscally the older generations married much younger then people today, and fewer then 5% ended up divorced. Age has nothing to do with it in my opinion. It's all based on ones scruples.

You're right, age isn't THAT big of a factor, but I think age outlines a persons presepective about life and marriage. I wasn't necessarily refering to age as in "number", but rather age which defines ones wisdom. I wanted to say that as William and Kate grow older their understanding and wisdom regarding each other will improve, too. So, that's why I think that they are too young to marry.:) ;)

In the past, 23 wasn't that young. Most people didn't go to the university and they chose their careers right out of high school which they stayed in for life. So a young man of 23 had about 5 years of solid work experience and hopefully had put some money into saving so he was ready to settle down and start a family.

Even for wealthier families that sent their children to the University, people settled on their career choice very early and they didn't need to stay in school that long before they started working. The young people from wealthy classes started off their careers with the help of their families so they didn't have the challenges that most young people have now.

William has his ultimate job set already as future heir to the throne and King of England but the royal family is changing their ways so a lot of his current direction is still in flux. The big question for the British heir to the throne has always been what they're going to do while waiting for the crown. Right now, William is in line after both his father and his grandmother and with his situation up in the air, he's quite frankly not a good marriage candidate. Kate wouldn't be sure of what she's getting; she may marry into a situation that can change drastically in the next couple of years.

His age isn't the only factor but it's not uncommon for 23 years these days to be less settled than our parents and grandparents were at that age. It's a side effect of people living longer. When most people died at 65, they had to hurry up and get settled. With people living longer and longer, there's not that sense of urgency.

ysbel said:
It's a side effect of people living longer. When most people died at 65, they had to hurry up and get settled. With people living longer and longer, there's not that sense of urgency.

A very practical reason indeed! :D

ysbel said:
In the past, 23 wasn't that young. Most people didn't go to the university and they chose their careers right out of high school which they stayed in for life. So a young man of 23 had about 5 years of solid work experience and hopefully had put some money into saving so he was ready to settle down and start a family.

The whole reply was very succintly put Ysbel.:D

Yes people change. People change a lot through college as well. I for sure wasn't the same at 17 as I was at 21...but I still made it work with my fiance.

May you long continue!:) :)

ysbel said:
William has his ultimate job set already as future heir to the throne and King of England but the royal family is changing their ways so a lot of his current direction is still in flux. The big question for the British heir to the throne has always been what they're going to do while waiting for the crown. Right now, William is in line after both his father and his grandmother and with his situation up in the air, he's quite frankly not a good marriage candidate. Kate wouldn't be sure of what she's getting; she may marry into a situation that can change drastically in the next couple of years.

Good comments. I think that Kate will want a career first. Like i've said b4 the press desperately want another Diana. I think that whoever William marries should at least have had a career first and travelled more etc...William needs to do what Prince Felipe and other heirs-in-waiting have done. Marry in his 30's.

All this marriage speculation is putting TOO much pressure on the couple. Their both very young - i personally don't think they want to get married.

Amina said:
I think that whoeverWilliam marries should at least have had a career first and travelled more etc...William needs to do what Prince Felipe and other heirs-in-waiting have done. Marry in his 30's.

I agree. :cool:

Amina said:
All this marriage speculation is putting TOO much pressure on the couple. Their both very young - i personally don't think they want to get married.

I should think, all they want to do is live their lives and make their own decisions, based on what they know and we all speculate about.:D
It would be so funny if, after all the speculation and hounding of Kate, she went off and married someone else and so did William!:D

The best thing for both William and Kate is not to rush into anything and continue to have a life. Both have things they need to do and accomplish and time will tell if a marriage is in their future.

There are more important things than getting married to worry about at their age, especially when you're a future POW and King.

FYI - In respose to an earlier post that William said he'd wait until he was thirty to marry over 4 or 5 years before he was in a steady relationship, is incorrect. William made that statement while on holliday with Kate, Harry and Pelly and others to a reporter. He said he was going to wait and that Harry was madly in love!!

Skydragon said:
I should think, all they want to do is live their lives and make their own decisions, based on what they know and we all speculate about.:D
It would be so funny if, after all the speculation and hounding of Kate, she went off and married someone else and so did William!:D

That's very likely. They are both so young. When you look at the average age of people when they get married, they are a lot younger than that. Very often people have a relationship while they are university students, then break up and then settle down with a partner. I hope they don't give in to the pressure unless they are older and really, really sure that they want to get married.

My earlier post said "is correct" , what I wanted to say was "isn't correct!! Sorry for the typo.

I would be more than happy for William(or Harry) to be married whenever, as long as it is the right girl. I believe age is irrelevant. Even though it does make sense to say you know more who you are and what you want, yes that is true, but now people are marrying older than we ever have before, and getting divorced more than we ever had before. So I'm guessing age isn't the factor there.

I have no idea how to guage how serious her visit was. Are friends allowed to visit Sandhurst or is this as "special" as the article makes it sound?

regardez said:

Honestly, Iam getting a little tired of the "engagement meeting" thing. Would they just get married so we all can move on? It's like the same news over and over and over and, OK you get the point.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom