The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 03:37 AM
Commoner

Thanks for the new photos :) Would you believe Aussie magazines have FINALLY put the photos of Kate trying on dresses into press this week. So behind we are.....and Collette Dinnigan is Australian! Oh the shame! :p

Old 02-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7
Would you believe Aussie magazines have FINALLY put the photos of Kate trying on dresses into press this week. So behind we are.....and Collette Dinnigan is Australian! Oh the shame! :p
Well, if only the Woman's Day and New Idea journos read these Forums, not only would they be up to date, but more accurate as well! :)

Old 02-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I Belive William and Kate will make a better match than Charles and Diana second at this point I Think its not a question of if they will marry but when William and Kate will marry in MHO :)
Hello, I 'm back on the forums, these last months I had so much work to do that I only entered quickly to read and stay up to date.:o:o

I think it's more than obvious William and Kate will get married, it's just a question of time. I find them both a bit young to do so right now. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles should make them wait at least 2 or 3 years before getting married. Right now, they should just enjoy themselves and even live together if they want to.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Well, if only the Woman's Day and New Idea journos read these Forums, not only would they be up to date, but more accurate as well! :)
I think a lot of publications which cover royalty could stand some TRF reading. it's really appalling how blatantly erroreous statements are repeated over and over again.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelA
I hope these haven't been posted yet: (credit: wireimage)

Kate Middleton, girlfriend of Prince William, seen out and about in Chelsea on thursday afternoon. She spent two hours shopping at The Katherine Hooker clothes shop.
Doesn't look like she bought anything?
Her style has improved though, but I still say, with the amount of money she has she could dress MUCH better. Just saying.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Doesn't look like she bought anything?
Her style has improved though, but I still say, with the amount of money she has she could dress MUCH better. Just saying.
Not that its important but it is possible that she's asked to have her goodies delivered to her home. Then she could try things on properly in the privacy of her own home which I think is a good idea considering the intrusive pictures which have been published of her trying on dresses.

I like her style sometimes, but other times I don't. I guess its just a matter of taste. :p
Old 02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I think a lot of publications which cover royalty could stand some TRF reading. it's really appalling how blatantly erroreous statements are repeated over and over again.
What makes it worse, is that these statements are then repeated as if they were facts.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I love her boots and coat! The green scarf also adds a nice touch of color. I think her dressing has improved from her cowboy days. She looks more classy.
She looks really smart and quite elegant, all for a trip to a couple of shops to have a look around. She was probably having her exact measurements taken for some new outfits!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Nobility

I don't know if this has been posted already?
William and Kate's love nest

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...ates_love_nest
Old 02-15-2006, 03:11 AM
Commoner

Hello

I was reading the posts on the pictures of Kate in the Australain mags and i thought i would post the pictures of them as they are different from the Hola! ones.

source New Idea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02-15-2006 05;32;23PM.jpg
Views:	4819
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	227889  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:36 AM
Commoner

Here are the other pictures.

sorry they are not in the same post it has taken me ages to figure our how to resize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02-15-2006 05;30;34PM.jpg
Views:	3184
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	227890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of 02-15-2006 05;30;34PM.jpg
Views:	3165
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	227891  
Old 02-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Wonder what event Kate is going to wear a evening gown to?:)
Old 02-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Why did she go with such neutral colors? She should have bought something sparkly or something. At my age, I won't want to weat only white or red. I hope she bought something else too.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Why did she go with such neutral colors? She should have bought something sparkly or something. At my age, I won't want to weat only white or red. I hope she bought something else too.
It really depends on whether they are going to be for a public or private event. I can't see her sitting down to dinner with Charles and Camilla wearing a shocking pink lurex dress. Like all of us, I expect there are some colours she feels comfortable in and so she tends to choose them.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Courtier

So I've spent the afternoon looking up information on Kate...mainly because I was bored, and needed something to occupy my time...and I've decided I can't understand why people don't like this young woman. She's beautiful, upstanding and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. William truly seems to be enamoured by her (in some photos more then others) and it's about time the British Royal Family is "connected" with someone who wishes for privacy and knows to keep her mouth shut just as they do.

I hope them nothing but the best, and am going to throw myself on the "I hope they Marry" bandwagon (if there is one! :) )
Old 02-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Courtier

So they're really almost engaged?
I'm so disappointed with William
Old 02-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Courtier

I hadn't heard anything (at least nothing truly credible) about them being engaged or close to being engaged...I think that's just press wishful thinking. I'm hoping though that the presses wishful thinking might rub off on them as I would love to see them engaged and married.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Nobility

I wouldn't. I don't think they should get married, at least yet. I trust William's judgement, however I also do believe that love can make you blind. Sure, they are in love NOW, but I think they should really know the conseqences of their actions. I trust William but Iam not so sure that Kate will fit into the whole Royal scene, concerning press.:)
Old 02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I trust William but Iam not so sure that Kate will fit into the whole Royal scene, concerning press.:)
Who would? I don't think anybody really does. I think it's something you have to be born into, and even then some royals just don't fit into the whole "royal scene." To me, it's not about fitting in but toughing it out. If Kate manages to tough it out and William proposes -> they get engaged -> boom! they're married, then good for her. Don't know if it'll happen but she's managed to come through some relatively tame fire unharmed. She either excels or loses under pressure. Guess we'll see what happens. :)
Old 02-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyesonarmani
Here are the other pictures.

sorry they are not in the same post it has taken me ages to figure our how to resize.
Thanx for the pictures, alleyesonarmani:)

Could anyone,or you perhaps, tell us what the article was about. I know somone previously mentioned that it talked about is Kate suitable for William, is that all? Thanks to whoever can answer.:)

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton