The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
You guys are just jealus
I don't like her
But to say she's fat its so stupid
she's absolutely skinny

I would say some are more jealous of her lifestyle than anything else!

Fat and skinny is a matter of opinion.

I wear size 1 jeans from Gap and I am a UK 8 but I would never consider myself 'skinny'.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
If anybody thinks Kate is fat from these pictures than I'm scared to see his/her definition of skinny. Post #10 on the link that Amy posted show picks of her in a white tank top and looking nicely slim....
I agree with you soCal girl, Amina, Paula, HRHAmy, RoyalFan, Candice and everyone else who said she has a beautiful figure.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
I don't visit this thread often but i agree that IF Wills does marry KM then she would make an excellent queen. However whoever Wills chooses to marry will inevitably be hounded by the press and be forever compared to PDiana. An EXTREMELY hard act to follow.

As for KM being fat - no she is not. She has a healthy figure. And as for the rumours of her getting security, i'm from London and i've read stories about this in the press. I don't know if its true or not but if she does get security then i think perhaps we will hear of an engagment anouncement?

WHO KNOWS?!!!

However i think we can all agree that the press are DESPERATE for another Diana. Not that any1 would ever replace her. But they desperately want a glamouros Royal in Britain.
And kate is not at all glamourous. Smart, maybe, but NOT glamourous.:)
Old 02-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I Agree Kate is very Pretty Id even go so far as to say better looking than Diana (please dont misunderstand me Di was pretty but Kate prettier in MHO)
I don't think Kate is prettier than Diana, either. :)
She has a kind of a masculine face. Diana was just plain GORGEOUS. She had sort of an innocent beauty,where as Kate's beauty is very stiff. I hope Iam not confusing anyone.:)
Old 02-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

Diana was just photogenic and Kate is not as photogenic.
She dresses like her generation and Diana dressed from her generation.

Kate is not courting publicity. I think she does not want a life like Diana had with the press. I think Diana if she had a person before her hounded by the press would have tried not to court publicity. I don't think who ever William marries will have an easy life. But that person will try to stay out of the lime light and I think William will try to protect her.:)
Old 02-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Belive William and Kate will make a better match than Charles and Diana second at this point I Think its not a question of if they will marry but when William and Kate will marry in MHO :)
Old 02-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames
I would say some are more jealous of her lifestyle than anything else!
Lets see, She appears to be loved by her parents, she's worked hard at university and graduated with a good degree. She seems to have enough money, has a good figure, is pretty and it appears, is not forced to work.
I wouldn't have thought there were many sane people who would turn down all of that!

The Hello poll that you refer to asked you to choose between 4 particular lifestyles.
You said you would be Angelina Jolie because she is a sex symbol and had Brad Pitt as a boyfriend (At the moment)
Madge because she is a style icon and sells records and has a happy marriage. (At the moment and the reports in the papers suggest otherwise)
Paris Hilton, here we disagree on exactly what her claim to fame is.

Brad Pitt seems to be far from reliable, Madge a style Icon, for who?

Out of the 4, I voted for a clean cut, intelligent young lady but, this does not mean I want her particular lifestyle or want to be her.
You voted for Paris Hilton, Madge or Angelina is that because you want to be one of them?

Millions of people, every week, buy tickets for the lottery, in the hope of winning enough so they do not have to get up everyday and go in to work. I count myself very lucky that I don't have to join the daily slog.
I don't have time for daytime TV either, I'm far too busy doing what I want to do.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Gentry

why do we have to talk about how much money she have?
It's not fair. If they both love each other, and Kate is a good woman, let them tie the knot.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jang
why do we have to talk about how much money she have?
It's not fair. If they both love each other, and Kate is a good woman, let them tie the knot.
My post isn't about how much money Kate or her parents have, it's about the luxury of not having to work, which one or two posters find abhorent for some reason. Have a look at part 4.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Personally..I think I would love the luxury of not having to work!

Lest not forget that the TRF is composed of people of different social and economic classes, races and cultures. Some people are raised with the belief that women should not work and their main focus is to take care of hte family, other classes believe that women of certain backgrounds should receive higher educations but not necessairly to work. There is nothing wrong with that..that is the way THEY choose to live.

Again, we don't know the full circumstances of why Kate either doesn't or choose's not to work (and its highly doubtful that we will ever hear it from her lips) therefore we can not assume anything.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
And possibly Diet Doctors

I have seen photos of her with a double chin.

To put in a kind way she is 'curvy', but if she does not watch her weight she could end up fat.
wow...that's highly critical!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
wow...that's highly critical!
Really!

Was just being honest.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jang
let them tie the knot.
Is anyone trying to stop them?
Old 02-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Lets see, She appears to be loved by her parents, she's worked hard at university and graduated with a good degree. She seems to have enough money, has a good figure, is pretty and it appears, is not forced to work.
I wouldn't have thought there were many sane people who would turn down all of that!
May be that is just your opinion/perception?

Quote:
The Hello poll that you refer to asked you to choose between 4 particular lifestyles.
You said you would be Angelina Jolie because she is a sex symbol and had Brad Pitt as a boyfriend (At the moment)
Madge because she is a style icon and sells records and has a happy marriage. (At the moment and the reports in the papers suggest otherwise)
Paris Hilton, here we disagree on exactly what her claim to fame is.
No, I think you remembered wrong. I said out of the choices, I would choose Madonna because she imo is the most accomplished of them all and is probably the richest one too. And she also has a lovely family.

I just highlighted what the other choices might be famous for and how their lifestyle might be perceived.
I never made any qualitative comparisons, I was purely describing them.

Quote:
Millions of people, every week, buy tickets for the lottery, in the hope of winning enough so they do not have to get up everyday and go in to work.
Never disagreed with that. But I would never give up work myself. If I don't have to work for a living, then I would probably choose a field/start my own business in something that really interests me but does not necessarily have a high monetary return. A fortune will give me the freedom to pursue the things which I won't be able to afford to do otherwise, for me it will not become an excuse to sit at home all day or to shop all day.

Quote:
I count myself very lucky that I don't have to join the daily slog.
I don't have time for daytime TV either, I'm far too busy doing what I want to do.
Lucky you.

Like Kate I also attended an exclusive public school and I am sure my parents are more than able to support me. But I am determined to make my own way in life without handouts from them. Their success is down to their own (and my grandparents') hardwork and I don't think I would want to be dependent on my family when I am 24.
At my age, I think I am able to set my own goals in life and set out to achieve them.

Whatever it is that Kate is trying to achieve, only she would know. And to me, she is not just any 24 year old. She has a good chance of becoming the future queen of GB and I for one hold very high expectations of her. If anyone disagrees with them than that is fine with me, but I am entitled to my views just like all the other members on here.

Keep doing what you want to do because life is short, in fact too short.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

What's in the water at the British forums lately? It seems impossible to disagree without insulting someone's intelligence, memory, or whatever.

This is not a war. Let's unsheath the claws and have an adult discussion with respect towards our fellow members.

If you have any complaints, feel free to contact one of the British forum moderators in private.

ysbel
British forums moderator
Old 02-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Nobility

I think calling Kate FAT is getting really desperate, she has a really nice figure. She looks healthy and slim, it seems these days you have to look ill to be called slim.

Kate has a rounder face but not fat.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
A fortune will give me the freedom to pursue the things which I won't be able to afford to do otherwise, for me it will not become an excuse to sit at home all day or to shop all day.

Like Kate I also attended an exclusive public school and I am sure my parents are more than able to support me. .
That of course is your assumption that everyone with money sits at home or shops all day. Unless you have a fortune, it is hard to say what you would do with your time or indeed your money.

Many of us went to public school but, that has absolutely nothing to do with Kate. Until she becomes a royal, if she becomes a royal, what she does is nothing to do with anyone but her family.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The discussion is getting nasty now. Let's drop it and go to another topic.

Any questions can be forwarded to a British forums moderator in private.

ysbel
British forums moderator

edit: I trust those of you who posted after this warning were not deliberately ignoring a warning. Lets move on.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Nobility

I hope this calms some people down :)

Here is an article that states the matter of William marrying from BOTH prespectives.Hope you enjoy it as an ARTICLE and not an attempt to OFFEND anyone. :) :)

Britons think Prince William is too young to marry
http://http://people.monstersandcrit...young_to_marry
Old 02-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
I hope this calms some people down :)

Here is an article that states the matter of William marrying from BOTH prespectives.Hope you enjoy it as an ARTICLE and not an attempt to OFFEND anyone. :) :)

Britons think Prince William is too young to marry
http://http://people.monstersandcrit...young_to_marry
Thanks Laraib, I can't get the link to work, has anyone else got the same problem.

Tags
kate middleton