The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Administrator

There has to be some limit to the press...publishing where she lives?!

Thats bloody ridiculous and dangerous. What if someone decided to do some harm to Kate because of her relationship with William. I agree, she does need a bodyguard. Though I do agree that it shouldn't cost the British Taxpayers anything.

Let's face it kids..we don't live in the same world as when Diana dated Charles and the paparazzi where somewhat (if that) controllable. And please, lets not compare the Danish press to the English press and how Mary handled the publicity versus Kate. Its too totally different situations. And yet again, I ask those who say Kate should just smile for the pics (and then be criticized like Mary for liking the attention) how they would react if they were constantly stalked (cause thats what it is) for a picture of you eating an apple, food shopping, riding the bus, etc. I don't think a lot of us could handle it.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

i totally agree it is stalking, no other word for it. some protection seems the best course but NOT paid for with tax money. her father and boyfriend are rich surely they could come up with a plan, theres just 2 many crazy people out there to take a chance if u love someone. jmo

Old 01-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Commoner

Could it be possible that Kate went to St.Andrews because she wanted a relationship with prince William, a couple of years ago I read somewhere that when Kate was younger she had a crush on William.I am not into gossip but it seems really a bit weird to me that Kate, graduated in history of arts decides to have a carreer in baby clothes.Or maybe she decided a couple of months ago, that a career in art is not something she really wants and she just followed her dream , and is persuading a career in baby clothing.
It's nice that william is supporting her:)
Old 01-29-2006, 04:01 AM
Courtier

yeah, i read she had his poster in her dorm at school...and her mother pressured her to go to St Andrew's when it was published that he was going there...but that doesnt matter anymore, even if it is true, since he did fall for her....Im not sure about marriage though, only recently i read that he totally ignored Kate in the presence of Isabella (i dont know how to spell her last names, but shes blue blooded), and that Kate cant even stand the existence of Isabella.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness

I think since graduating it has been a hard road for Kate-the change in living arrangements, the press following your every move, going on job interviews, finding a way to make a living and now being left for a few years because William has his military time. I haven't seen many happy expressions when she is photographed through all this. But I think recently the Prince William has spoken in actions that he really loves her. The kiss, the toast and helping fianance her business. I think as he faced Sandhurst knowing he won't see her his true feeling came out. I believe in fairy tales still.:)
Old 01-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLaura
Could it be possible that Kate went to St.Andrews because she wanted a relationship with prince William, a couple of years ago I read somewhere that when Kate was younger she had a crush on William.I am not into gossip but it seems really a bit weird to me that Kate, graduated in history of arts decides to have a carreer in baby clothes.Or maybe she decided a couple of months ago, that a career in art is not something she really wants and she just followed her dream , and is persuading a career in baby clothing.
It's nice that william is supporting her:)

Let's suppose Kate's mother had encouraged her daughter to go to St-Andrews and as a result [Kate] had purposely gone to St-Andrews for a chance to meet William. Do you really think this would have significantly factored into William's apparent strong and growing relationship with Kate?? Probably not; how many girls do you think have followed that lead (choosing St-Andrews) in order to potentially meet William and catch his eye? I would guess and say probably a few. Maybe the story is true that Kate chose St-Andrews for a chance to.....But in the end, William chose her as a companion and for whatever reason, their relationship appears to be growing strongly every day. Do you really think you can be with somebody that long without some sort of physical/ mental/ spiritual attraction?? And factor into that Will's well known determination and hatred of being told what to do or not do....
You know, he sometimes appears a little bit lost not knowing what he wants out of life but he sure appears as heck to know what he doesnt want in life.....My guess is that Kate is just the lucky girl to have captured the heart of the future king of england regardless of whatever (hypothetical) scheme/ strategy might have put her in that position
Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Nobility

They announced where William was attending after it was too late to apply to St. Andrews for that year, actually.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
They announced where William was attending after it was too late to apply to St. Andrews for that year, actually.
that is true though i think there were some william-motivated applications for the next year. I actually know a girl who left the american college we were both attending to follow 'her prince' to st. andrews. I lost touch with her but I dont think she ever got to date him.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Nobility

I think that Kate might have been pushed either by her mom or by herself to attend St. Andrews to meet PW but in the end William had to see something in her to have been in a relationship for this long. I don't think they will get marry but for the time being it seems like she isn't going anywhere.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Courtier

I read somewhere in the internet.. William was planned to leave St Andrews while first year because homestick or unhappy some reason and Kate was helping him to make stay St andrews University... Did you know about it????

I am not sure that story was true....

karla64
Old 01-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
I read somewhere in the internet.. William was planned to leave St Andrews while first year because homestick or unhappy some reason and Kate was helping him to make stay St andrews University... Did you know about it????

I am not sure that story was true....

karla64
I think that's true.I have heard that story over and over again sooo many times.:)
Old 01-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

ive heard that too.......O I hope they marry Wonder where they would hold the wedding I Suggest St Georges at Windsor
Old 02-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

You all may need to read the DailyMirror regarding William's Marriage :)
Old 02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know what to believe about the relationship. The press is reporting one minute they are getting engaged the next William is waiting after his military career is over for a commitment.

I sure hope Kate knows whats going on.:)
Old 02-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Nobility

I feel sad for her cuz it seems like she just waits for him on beck and call. I wonder if she really gets out of the house and spends time with her friends.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Courtier

That's true I haven't really seen her with her freinds since she came back from St. Andrews. Doesn't it go... boyfreinds will come and go but freinds are forever, errr maybe that's diamonds are forever. Oh well those too!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
That's true I haven't really seen her with her freinds since she came back from St. Andrews. Doesn't it go... boyfreinds will come and go but freinds are forever, errr maybe that's diamonds are forever. Oh well those too!
HAHAHA
Maybe it's Prince's are forever??Who knows? I haven't seen her hanging out with ANYONE except with her mom. I hope they all didn't ditch her or anything...
Old 02-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Or it could be they don't want to be phtographed but still she mostly is only seen with her mom. I wonder if her friends think that she has become a snob since she started hanging out with PW so they decided they didn't want to be friends with her.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Nobility

HELLO magazine's website has a poll asking people whose life style would they want, here is the place where you can vote, IF you want to.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/
I don't know why would anyone pick Kate Middleton, since there many other people whose lives I would want to live?! Anyways, enjoy.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Well she just went spent four years going to school in a different city. I have done the same thing and when I go home I spend most of my time with my mom. Sometimes you don't stay close to your own friends. Also there have been very few pictures of her so the press might not be getting or publishing pictures of her out with her friends.

There seems to be a lot of dislike here for someone that none of us know, based on some very little information and pictures.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton