The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Administrator

I am going to go out on a limb and say this....not many people get jobs that have anything to do with their degrees! I for one majored in History, and then went into sales and now I own a cleaning business.

Maybe she did want a job using her degree but because of who she is dating some firms don't want to deal with the hassle. Or maybe she just chose to start the clothing business with her parents....doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
But I think what the other poster was trying to say is that she should use her art degree and get a job with the arts and it seems a waste that she went to school and got a degree in art when now she's venturing into something completely different as children's wear. It seems like a waste of her parents money to send her to school and get a degree and then end up not using it IMO at least.
Quote:
Are you kidding me? A 20 something young woman who is perfectly capable of work sits home all day and watch tv and occasionally shop at Waitrose. Yeah...I wonder...what's wrong with that life?
This is the portion I was referring to and to the comment that she could not respect a 20 something young woman who has never worked a day in her life!
Many young people take a degree and then find they are unable to get a job in their subject as Ysbel has said. A lot graduate and then find that the subject really isn't for them out in the workplace.
I don't think it makes anyone a lesser person if they don't work because they have their own money, or that all men or women who don't go out to work because their wife/husband 'keeps' them are not worthy of respect. In a lot of countries students are seen as 'wasters', someone not to be taken seriously and yet I have spoken to lots of students, young and old, who are very nice people.
As I said, if she wants to work fine, if not fine, IMO.:)

Old 01-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

Well I just read in femalefirst that Prince William and girlfriend are going into the babywear business.

So guys, if this article is to believed Prince William is funding a business for our Kate.

Boy, William sure loves her. She really is using her art talent in designing clothes and not just living off off her parents or a prince.:)
Old 01-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Courtier

i thought Kate's parents is in this industry (the baby clothing or sth similar to that) I dun think she would needa any financial help from William as her parents are quite well off!

I think that Kate starting her own business is a good thing, at least have a career before getting marry (even though we're not sure if she's going to marry William or not)
Old 01-24-2006, 02:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Femalefirst's track record on the royal family so far is such that I wouldn't believe what you read there unless it's been corroborated by a more reliable source.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Nobility

I was just stating that it would seem reasonable for her to enter the art world. But whatever, everyone has their own opinions, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
I was just stating that it would seem reasonable for her to enter the art world. But whatever, everyone has their own opinions, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
I don't think anyone took offence at what you said, I didn't.:)
Old 01-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

"What does an Art History have to do with Childeren's Clothing?"

Unfrotunately, the grduate market here in the UK isn't exactly kind to graduates. My friends' ex-boyfriend has a degree in biological sciences and research, he cannot find a job in his field so is now training to be a train driver.

These days you're lucky if you get a job in your chosen career.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Courtier

i read other forums... that she may get yard bodyguard fears over safety.. I think from daily express....
Old 01-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Unfortunately, the graduate market here in the UK isn't exactly kind to graduates. My friends' ex-boyfriend has a degree in biological sciences and research, he cannot find a job in his field so is now training to be a train driver.

These days you're lucky if you get a job in your chosen career.
Yes, that is the point everyone was trying to make, I think. However, if he or his parents had tons of money, I wouldn't think less of him if he decided to wait for a job within his chosen discipline.:)
Old 01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
i read other forums... that she may get yard bodyguard fears over safety.. I think from daily express....
Thats what the papers are saying but I don't think its true since that rumour has been around for months. I think it was just made up since the whole pictures of her apartment in the german magazine came out so they made up this lie IMO I think it is not true.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This looks like second hand or even third hand news. Not worth a lot. Anyway, Kate's family is wealthy enough for her to get her own bodyguard if things get too rough.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Has anyone came across the pictures of Kate shopping and trying on gowns?

They are pap. pics shot through the shop window.

I saw a thumbnail somwhere but no other pictures.

I doubt Kate will get a bodyguard, why should she?!

I was just looking through old pictures and there are loads of Princess Mary of Denmark from when she was dating Frederik, she may have been older than Kate but she coped well.

Just smile and get on with it, what can the photographers really do that is that bad?

I wish the press would drop the whole security issue, I am sure Kate will be fine.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Courtier

A German magazine published where she lives, I don't think a bodyguard would be used to prevent pictures (they never do it with other royals). I think the concern is that more people know where she lives and know she is Prince William girlfriend.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Nobility

I guess so but she could always move and with other girlfriends of Royals the public knew where they worked and could have gotten to them to.

I suppose it could be argued from all view points, I for one would be VERY annoyed if the tax payers had to pay for her bodyguard. William or her parents could pay for it and that would be fine but not the public.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The issue here is that the press and papparazzi have gotten a lot more aggressive in the last 10-20 years. The papparazzi don't just take pictures from afar anymore. They get right in your face and they've been known to heap verbal abuse on celebrities to get a crying or angry reaction. Then they publish, so-and-so was crying after a fight with so-and-so regardless of the
fact that they set up the crying situation in the first place by harassing the person till they cried.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 PM

I've seen the paps lay on the floor and flash their cameras upwards to get 'upskirt' shots. You'll always get a silly model who forgets to put any underwear on and ends up plastered all over the newspapers and internet showing her modesty. That's why you have to learn how to step in and out of a car etc. Kate has alot to fight against but somehow I don't see her coping.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I've seen the paps lay on the floor and flash their cameras upwards to get 'upskirt' shots. You'll always get a silly model who forgets to put any underwear on and ends up plastered all over the newspapers and internet showing her modesty. That's why you have to learn how to step in and out of a car etc. Kate has alot to fight against but somehow I don't see her coping.
Ah, the infamous panty shots (or shall we say, pantyless shots).

I see it more as a problem for the Royal Family. They have to balance whether the girl is queen material with whether she and William can make a good marriage.

Charles got serious with several women who couldn't handle the press scrutiny and he ended up marrying someone who was a papparazzi dream come true but who was someone he wasn't comfortable with.

William is press-shy to begin with. The chances of him falling in love with someone who is ultra-comfortable in the spotlight is slim to none and I would hazard a guess that the chances of his marriage succeeding if a press-worthy bride is chosen for him is even lower than that.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sadly it seems that the press have learned nothing from their treatment of Diana and are determined to do the same to whoever William is dating.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

"A German magazine published where she lives, I don't think a bodyguard would be used to prevent pictures (they never do it with other royals). I think the concern is that more people know where she lives and know she is Prince William girlfriend."

Which is alledgedly the reason why William has not visited Kate's flat since. It's too much a safety risk.

If that is the case then personally I think the Press needs to step back, it's one thing to photograph her when hse's out shopping but printing pictures of her house, forcing her boyfriend to end his visits there is a bit low.

Tags
kate middleton