The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Yes, she is dating William but she isn't married to him therefore she is not a member of the royal family. If she is not the one for William, I hope the constant media presence that she deals with doesn't scare the real one away.
She isn't dating some guy off the street...she's dating a future King. William will never have an ordinary life, so anyone who gets involved with him has to realize the price will be high. It's up to the individual to decide whether it's worth it or not.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Administrator

So a decent girl from a good family who doesn't like the constant stalking of the paparazzi should just shut up and think of England. Sorry, I dont buy it.
Even the most well known figure in the world is entitled to some sort of privacy in their life. If thats the case..William will end up with some girl who thrives on the media intrustion in her life. Maybe like a Mabel...now won't that be nice.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Courtier

more pics of kate..

http://www.isifa.com

search type "kate middleton"

and can't make enlarge need register first.... :(
Old 01-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Courtier

and

http://www.fotobank.com/photo/report.html?id=R019-4836
Old 01-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Courtier

I think the paparazzi has a right to take pictures of her since she is dating prince William but they shouldn't be taking pictures of her rear. How would you feel if you were her parents? I wouldn't want to see my daughter's back end on all the newpapers, it's plain degrading. I don't think there is anything wrong with the paparazzi taking pictures as long as they are more than 100 feet away and they can do this cause they have telephoto lenses and that they don't intrude on people's private property such as homes, businesses etc. But when you are dating someone high profile you have to expect some degree of the paparazzi. But they should not be degrading. I don't think you'd see them doing that to the Queen.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
So a decent girl from a good family who doesn't like the constant stalking of the paparazzi should just shut up and think of England. Sorry, I dont buy it.
Even the most well known figure in the world is entitled to some sort of privacy in their life. If thats the case..William will end up with some girl who thrives on the media intrustion in her life. Maybe like a Mabel...now won't that be nice.
That is a very good point. I would much rather have Kate as she is than out flaunting herself in a Lindsay Lohan style. I don't mean any offense against Lindsay. She's a good actress, but I don't think her style of media relations is appropriate for someone dating William, nor for his fiancee or his wife, or for anyone associated with royalty in Kate's or in a more intimate way.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate on Cover of Hello magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazin.../16/0902cover/
Old 01-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Nobility

I think its alright for the papparazzi to take pictures of Kate since she is dating Prince William and did she honestly think that they wouldn't? But they should not take pictures of her bum it's just degarding and shows what type of magazine that is to publish a picture of that.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

you cant choose what you want the paparazzi to take pics of. I dont think it is alright. She is a normal person who is dating a prince. If they made it official and she became a semi-public figure then it there would be better reasons for paparazzi to follow her. Im honestly do you really need to see pics of her shopping. Is it that intresting.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Royal Highness

since there's no guarantee of privacy when you're in a public place, then Kate should expect to have her picture taken whenever she's in a public place, no matter what she's doing. is it annoying? absolutely. is it against the law? absolutely not. it just makes me wonder if there's more to the story than we know about? with all this scrutiny, is she just a girl that loves her man so much she's willing to put up with it or have kate and william and the powers that be already reached an understanding that they will marry but it's being kept quiet for now?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The paparazzi are going to run after her, whether they make any comment or not on the state of their relationship. Since William and Kate are clearly together, this is the way it's going to be.

I don't think William and Kate are anywhere close to marriage at this time. He has many things to accomplish in the next few years that will take precedence over getting married.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

" I don't know why Kate doesn't have a job but there might be more reasons than meet the eye. Just because a person has a college degree doesn't guarantee them a job. There are many capable people out there with degrees that can't find jobs simply because of the competition. So she might be applying and going on interviews but not getting the job. If Kate is truly just lazy, then that's a whole other story."

Very true, the graudate employment market here in the UK is incredibly competitive. I have friends who've got physics degrees and are working in call centres! I can only imagine how many fewer job opportunites there must be for somebody who has done an obscure degree like Art History.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
" I don't know why Kate doesn't have a job but there might be more reasons than meet the eye. Just because a person has a college degree doesn't guarantee them a job. There are many capable people out there with degrees that can't find jobs simply because of the competition. So she might be applying and going on interviews but not getting the job. If Kate is truly just lazy, then that's a whole other story."

Very true, the graudate employment market here in the UK is incredibly competitive. I have friends who've got physics degrees and are working in call centres! I can only imagine how many fewer job opportunites there must be for somebody who has done an obscure degree like Art History.
I am an undergraduate in the UK and yes the job market is competitive.

What I am trying to say is that Kate should find something constructive to do.

If she is struggling to find a paid job that interests her, than she can always become a volunteer or just do part time work. I did not expect a dream job to land on her lap, or else I would actually get rather suspicious!

She has graduated almost 6 months ago and as far as I am concerned, there are no more excuses.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Nobility

I have read that she was trying to set a business on internet for toys or something related to kids.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Well, if she is serious about marrying William, it's better for her not to even bother with having a job. Her job should be learning about the immense amount of responsibility that will come with being his wife and spending a lot of time privately with the royal family.
I agree branchg.

Like you, I still think its too soon to think of marriage between the two but the idea that Kate should get a real job to prove herself worthy of William is a bit ludicrous. A job in the real world is not going to prepare Kate for being a royal wife.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Commoner

not lazy but just hard to employ?

I don't post much, just lurk, but... I had to jump in.

As a manager in a PR firm, I would find it difficult to hire someone that I know will have the paps following around all day. It would make my other employees uncomfortable and disrupt business -- not to mention the hassle of sending her to an off-site meeting.

Poor thing might be having MORE trouble because of who she is, than if she were a run of the mill recent graduate. As an employer, you have to think about all the ways a prospective employee could impact your business, and I can't see her 'status' as a paparazzi target being a positive impact.

Just my two cents. I'll go back to lurking!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Well, if she is serious about marrying William, it's better for her not to even bother with having a job. Her job should be learning about the immense amount of responsibility that will come with being his wife and spending a lot of time privately with the royal family.
I disagree on that one.

I believe it would be beneficial to her and not as a prove to anyone else. It will help Kate build her interpersonal skills and build her confidence if she has her own job/career.

Look at the Ps who had a career before they married. I believe the ones that worked in the real world actually have qualities that they successfully transfered to the RFs.
Eg. Maxima's knowledge helped her contribution to micro finance initiatives, Alex of DK use to work in a high powered job and she's transferred the energy and dedication and work ethic to her duties in Denmark.

The monarchy will not survive if they continue to live in isloation with the rest of the world. So it is up to Will's generation to behave like royalty, but also be capable of doing a job and get along with others just like anyone else.

If Kate were to get married to Will, she'll have plenty of time to learn about the history of the family. Taking responsibilities, getting along with others will only come from having contact with people in the real world, not from studying with the Queen at Balmoral. :)
Old 01-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

"If she is struggling to find a paid job that interests her, than she can always become a volunteer or just do part time work. I did not expect a dream job to land on her lap, or else I would actually get rather suspicious!

She has graduated almost 6 months ago and as far as I am concerned, there are no more excuses"

She might be doing volunteer work for all we know. Althouh i appears she's setting up her own business.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"If she is struggling to find a paid job that interests her, than she can always become a volunteer or just do part time work. I did not expect a dream job to land on her lap, or else I would actually get rather suspicious!

She has graduated almost 6 months ago and as far as I am concerned, there are no more excuses"

She might be doing volunteer work for all we know. Althouh i appears she's setting up her own business.
Sure. :) If she is setting up an online toys business, then I guess she was probably inspired by her parents as they apparently own a toys business.

If she is doing voluntary work then good for her! She will get a very good background to build her royal career on in the future (if she and will get it together).

I wish her all the best.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDiva
As a manager in a PR firm, I would find it difficult to hire someone that I know will have the paps following around all day. It would make my other employees uncomfortable and disrupt business -- not to mention the hassle of sending her to an off-site meeting.

Poor thing might be having MORE trouble because of who she is, than if she were a run of the mill recent graduate. As an employer, you have to think about all the ways a prospective employee could impact your business, and I can't see her 'status' as a paparazzi target being a positive impact.
Yes I agree with you, you very sound sensible, don't just lurk

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton