The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Aristocracy

Farewelll party

Is there any pictures of her at Prince William's farewell party ?

Old 01-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria_89
Is there any pictures of her at Prince William's farewell party ?
No, I did not see anything.. I did try to look any website but not found anythings. sorry

Old 01-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see a video of william and kate in airport before to the party.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
well of course not. and everyone knows military life requires these type of sacrifices but still...
HA, some sacrifice!I mean if that's what you call a sacrifice, missing your girlfriends birthday, then I would hate to see William leaving for Iraq!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Nobility

LOL but it could be hard but not a sacrifice.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate's a rear admirable
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006020541,00.html
Old 01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Courtier

She look terrible like sad... not even smile... poor girl..... she is not happy person....
Old 01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Do she have a job?

I really wished she'd go and get a job. I don't care how likely it is that she'll end up marrying Will and not having to work for a living it does her no favour that she's not really doing anything with her life.

I think a professional background would actually really help her if she becomes royal. She'll learn more about how the real world actually functions (or not!) and pick up people skills in a professional environment.

I don't care how weathy her parents are, not having a job is not healthy for a woman her age who is capable of work. :(
Old 01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know why Kate doesn't have a job but there might be more reasons than meet the eye. Just because a person has a college degree doesn't guarantee them a job. There are many capable people out there with degrees that can't find jobs simply because of the competition. So she might be applying and going on interviews but not getting the job. If Kate is truly just lazy, then that's a whole other story.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I don't know why Kate doesn't have a job but there might be more reasons than meet the eye. Just because a person has a college degree doesn't guarantee them a job. There are many capable people out there with degrees that can't find jobs simply because of the competition. So she might be applying and going on interviews but not getting the job. If Kate is truly just lazy, then that's a whole other story.
Ha, I don't think she is lazy. I mean, every time you see a photo of her, she is shopping.I just think she doesn't want to get a job. :) :)
Old 01-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Ha, I don't think she is lazy. I mean, every time you see a photo of her, she is shopping.I just think she doesn't want to get a job. :)
That's not fair. I would imagine there are many employers who would LOVE to offer her a job- then exploit her.

I'm sure there are other employers who are simply not interested to have the press photographers camped outside their places of business every day and would not consider hiring her.

She simply might be waiting to find employment that's a good fit for her- and not granted simply because of who her boyfriend is.

She's obviously not the only unemployed recent university graduate out there. And her employment- well, that's her business. If she's lazy- well, that's something William can decide is acceptable for him or not.

Eliza
Old 01-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
Well, that butt shot was not needed, that's pretty disgusting I think the press has stooped to a new low. The woman can't even go out in tight pants anymore without some grubby photog trying to get a shot of her rear? Ick.

Do you think they are being particulary mean to her because she fought them on giving her privacy? Or do you think they are just that rude. I know that if you just smile and give them what they want they're nicer to you but if you run from them and act rude they are worse to you, et least they are in Hollywood. What do you think?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Well, if she is serious about marrying William, it's better for her not to even bother with having a job. Her job should be learning about the immense amount of responsibility that will come with being his wife and spending a lot of time privately with the royal family.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Nobility

She does have a job. She is working for her family, starting a children's line of clothing.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Well, that butt shot was not needed, that's pretty disgusting I think the press has stooped to a new low. The woman can't even go out in tight pants anymore without some grubby photog trying to get a shot of her rear? Ick.

Do you think they are being particulary mean to her because she fought them on giving her privacy? Or do you think they are just that rude. I know that if you just smile and give them what they want they're nicer to you but if you run from them and act rude they are worse to you, et least they are in Hollywood. What do you think?
I think so.The fact that she was all about suing the papparazzi over some photos placed at the top of the list of people they hate.AND, she IS quite rude to them.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
She does have a job. She is working for her family, starting a children's line of clothing.
Are you serious?
What is the clothing line going to be called? THE ROYAL BRIDE? Doesn't her family already HAVE a buisness?London is such a competative place, as far as fashion is concerned, so does their company or whatever actually have a shot? :)
Old 01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

I think I might be pretty rude to all those photographers as well. I don't think you can really help it. Smile all the time, they call you fake; frown sometimes, they call you ungrateful or unsuitable. You just can't win. Nobody ever does. If she's working for her parents, that's great. She's doing something. As for the fashion market in London, it is competitive but they could be working on overseas markets or finding their own little niche in the fashion world. Who knew UGGs would be such a hit? Plain, round boots that everybody bought and wore. If they found something they could hook onto and just PR the heck out of it, it could work.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Administrator

It amazing to me how many people think Kate should just shut up, smile 24/7 (no matter how she feels) and give up any aspect of a private life just cause she is dating William.

Yes, she is dating William but does this mean she can't have a bad day? Does this mean that she shouldn't be able to ride the bus, go grocery shopping, or shop during the Christmas holidays, just cause she is dating William?! That is so ridiculous it boggles the mind. I don't know about you guys...but I personally wouldn't want to be followed and photographed incessantly...talk about not respecting someone's personal space.

Yes, she is dating William but she isn't married to him therefore she is not a member of the royal family. If she is not the one for William, I hope the constant media presence that she deals with doesn't scare the real one away.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, but she is smart enough to realize that being William's girlfriend means she will be subject to increasingly difficult media scrutiny and harassment. It comes with the territory, so if she can't stand it now, it's better to find out sooner, rather than later.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness

It may be tough for her now, but I think if she manages to get through it, it'll show something about her character and how much she loves William. If they do get engaged, she'll probably get more training on how to deal with the press since it'll be much more hyped. Right now she's out there trying to deal with it on her own with William trying to back her up.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton