Kate Middleton Current Events 4: December 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles had many girlfriends after Camilla and before Diana and they were reported in the press. The US is waiting for another Diana and a fairytale story. I do hope Kate doesnt get trapped into that. Camilla joined the royals cause she is a royal now. Kate is not a royal and has no reason to join them. Plus, she has her own family.

ysbel said:
Well what I was really trying to say that the U.S. media was not interested in Diana before her engagement was announced and Diana definitely became a media darling. So its not a bad reflection on Kate that the U.S. press is not that interested in her now. They'll probably pick up interest when an engagement is announced whether William decides to get married with Kate or another girl.

Yeah, but Diana had a charm and a sense of understanding that even the papparazzi's have a job to do.She was the darling because she had qualities that made her "darling." There is nothing about Kate that is "darling like" or interesting for that matter. I could understand that it's just the beginning, but I don't think she is the one who will change. I mean she is already threatning to sue the papparazzi's, I don't anyone consideres her a darling.:) :) :)

princejohnny, you bring up a good point but I think if we were handed another fairytale story, the public would be a lot more cynical than before. I think the press is just wants a good angle to build interest around and Kate and Wills are just too much like other young couples in their twenties to have an interesting angle right now. The normalcy is good for building a relationship but not the best material for creating exciting newstories. They probably don't want to create exciting newstories so they're probably not complaining.

polop said:
Yeah, but Diana had a charm and a sense of understanding that even the papparazzi's have a job to do.She was the darling because she had qualities that made her "darling." There is nothing about Kate that is "darling like" or interesting for that matter.

polop, Diana didn't show those qualities either before her engagement. Its easy to confuse the later media-saavy Diana with the pre-engagement Diana but she really changed her behavior in public over the years. As I posted earlier, Diana received hardly ANY press in the U.S. before her engagement was announced.

Going back to Kate, I thought she had threatened the paparazzi with legal action too but William was the one to do that.

Last edited:
Ava Elizabeth said:
You have to procive quicktime to be able to wiew the video.
This video is about William entering Sandhurst, but in the beginning you can see prince William and Kate Middleton arriving at heathrowe!
Link:
http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-william_p520,00.html

:)

Yeah, but what if you already have quick time? When I reach the page there is no where else to click except at the "quick time" button??? Can someone help????:) :) :) :)

Diana was younger and an innocent-looking blue-eyed blonde, from an aristocratic broken home with any amount of drama in the recent past. She was a much more interesting tidbit for the press than Kate, whose past life experience isn't unusual as far as most people are concerned. There's nothing newsworthy in being a normal middle-class girl because most people have a pretty good idea about what that involves.

Yes Diana had a much more intresting "hollywood" like backgroud that the US just fed on. Kate is the girl next door. Nothing special but she is in love with a prince. She is normal and very stable who if she were to marry william seems like the girl who would be like Camilla. Just the girl that supports her prince. But we will find out if they marry.

Well, I may be proven wrong but I'll bet that the U.S. press will find (or make up) some interesting tidbit about Kate once the engagement is announced and blow it all out of proportion. ;)

They're notorious for doing that but until they know if Kate is the one, its rather pointless for them to go to all the trouble. They still have the real Hollywood celebrities with all their scandals to sell their mags.

ysbel said:
Well, I may be proven wrong but I'll bet that the U.S. press will find (or make up) some interesting tidbit about Kate once the engagement is announced and blow it all out of proportion. ;)

They're notorious for doing that but until they know if Kate is the one, its rather pointless for them to go to all the trouble. They still have the real Hollywood celebrities with all their scandals to sell their mags.

The U.S press even did a little bit thing about Princess Mary and Prince Fredrick, and many suspected that they surely will replace the gap Diana left. But now, it's like....?:)

polop said:
The U.S press even did a little bit thing about Princess Mary and Prince Fredrick, and many suspected that they surely will replace the gap Diana left. But now, it's like....?:)

i dun think any of the CPs now can have the popularity and fame Diana had in the past! maybe in the future, Prince William's wife might get the attention Diana once had because Britian is a big country with lots of colonies (in the past and even now). The other crown princesses or princess are only well known to a certain amount of people limited to their own country or country of their origin, but not worldwide.

If Kate should ever marry Prince William, she sure will get the attention from around the world since she's going to become the Queen of England one day, but before an engagement is announced, I think tooo, the US press would not be so interested in her.:D

bigheadshirmp said:
If Kate should ever marry Prince William, she sure will get the attention from around the world since she's going to become the Queen of England one day, but before an engagement is announced, I think tooo, the US press would not be so interested in her.:D

Yes, that's what I think too. The British press, though, is very interested in her already.

What I find interesting is that the mainstream newschannels in the U.S. like CNN have been giving Kate and the new crown princesses more coverage than celebrity magazines like People magazine. That can be a good thing in that the mainstream press may take them more seriously but its a curious phenomenon.

I hope Kate is not like Diana. No royal should be like Diana. It is too dangerous and to hard. I like it when royals are in CNN rather then a celebrity magazine. It shows the seriousness and value of the monarchy and not just the celebrity part.

Well I should have known better :rolleyes: but I really didn't mean to start a discussion of whether Kate should be like Diana.

So let's back up a few steps. The publicity Kate seems to get is pretty equivalent to anyone that dates an heir to the throne gets without an engagement. A lot of press interest in their home country and not much at all in the U.S. That's literally all I was meaning to say.

We Americans don't seem to get interested unless the girl has the ring on her finger.

Whew!

Well of coarse we have hollywood royalty to follow and only care about real royalty when it is official.

we obsess over our own peoples' drama. such as lindsey lohan and her broken home and her lost innocence.

Royal Fan said:
Happy Birthday Kate!!!!! :)

i'll second that. that's rough for william going to sandhurst just days before her birthday. i wonder if he'll be able to call?

Well, with members of the armed forces serving in Iraq and missing all sorts of birthdays of spouses and children, I'm sure nobody in and around the royal family is going to be crass enough to complain about William missing Kate's birthday.

Elspeth said:
Well, with members of the armed forces serving in Iraq and missing all sorts of birthdays of spouses and children, I'm sure nobody in and around the royal family is going to be crass enough to complain about William missing Kate's birthday.

well of course not. and everyone knows military life requires these type of sacrifices but still...

Farewelll party

Is there any pictures of her at Prince William's farewell party ?

victoria_89 said:
Is there any pictures of her at Prince William's farewell party ?

No, I did not see anything.. I did try to look any website but not found anythings. sorry

I see a video of william and kate in airport before to the party.

pollyemma said:
well of course not. and everyone knows military life requires these type of sacrifices but still...

HA, some sacrifice!I mean if that's what you call a sacrifice, missing your girlfriends birthday, then I would hate to see William leaving for Iraq!:cool:

She look terrible like sad... not even smile... poor girl..... she is not happy person....

Do she have a job?

I really wished she'd go and get a job. I don't care how likely it is that she'll end up marrying Will and not having to work for a living it does her no favour that she's not really doing anything with her life.

I think a professional background would actually really help her if she becomes royal. She'll learn more about how the real world actually functions (or not!) and pick up people skills in a professional environment.

I don't care how weathy her parents are, not having a job is not healthy for a woman her age who is capable of work. :(

I don't know why Kate doesn't have a job but there might be more reasons than meet the eye. Just because a person has a college degree doesn't guarantee them a job. There are many capable people out there with degrees that can't find jobs simply because of the competition. So she might be applying and going on interviews but not getting the job. If Kate is truly just lazy, then that's a whole other story.

soCal girl said:
I don't know why Kate doesn't have a job but there might be more reasons than meet the eye. Just because a person has a college degree doesn't guarantee them a job. There are many capable people out there with degrees that can't find jobs simply because of the competition. So she might be applying and going on interviews but not getting the job. If Kate is truly just lazy, then that's a whole other story.

Ha, I don't think she is lazy. I mean, every time you see a photo of her, she is shopping.I just think she doesn't want to get a job.;) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom