Kate Middleton Current Events 4: December 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atina- Who said that I was attacking something that Chelsy is not getting? I'm just pointing out the differences, not attacking them. Also, just because I do not care for Kate, does not mean that I hate her. Hate is a very strong word that should seldom be used for whatever reason, or should not used at all. And I am from the U.S., and that shouldn't have been brought up at all, because that's not what this conversation was about. I brought up Anna, because she had gone through what Kate has gone through, but much worse. Did William do anything about this though? Nope. And I'm not saying that William should hire protection for these girls that are linked to him, but William should have enough guts to tell the press to leave them all alone. William has lawyers that can do this for him. That's why they get paid the big bucks! ;)

And as a taxpayer, I would have assumed that people would rather pay for confirmed girlfriends of Prince William and Harry rather than not confirmed. Prince William HAS NOT confirmed Kate. Prince Harry HAS confirmed Chelsy. This is why I would personally rather pay for Chelsy than Kate. (I'm not stating that Kate isn't William's girlfriend, but she is still not confirmed.) Also, William is not a Crown Prince. He is second in line to the throne, and that's all. The other crown princes that you speak of had their own money that they could spend on bodyguards or whatever protection they needed for their girlfriends confirmed or not confirmed. Prince William cannot have access to his bank accounts until he is 25. He's already been denied twice. So, who else is going to pay for Kate's protection then? It certainly isn't going to be William. I could see Prince Charles helping William out, but it still wouldn't be William's money. But I think that Prince Charles would think that the money could be used elsewhere like on charities etc. And why should you or anyone for that matter pay some girl that has been linked to William when you aren't certain that this girl is going to be the one girl he marries? I would have hoped that this money would go for education or something else rather than something that might be more than a passing fad, but that's just me though! ;)

give Kate a break but she still dating with William i already know she still dating with him for years and no blaming her!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not blaming Kate for anything!!! I am just pointing out the differences is all, and I never said that William and Kate weren't dating. I just said that Kate hasn't been confirmed as his girlfriend, and this is a fact. I'm not making this up. Goodness.

I wouldn't want to pay for someone who is not the wife of the prince.... But in today's world it must be pretty important to protect her.

I think Chelsey's parents have enough money to pay for her protection on their own...It is Harry and Chelsey's fault that they went public, the taxpayers should not have to pay for a girlfriend. Harry should have thought about that before they started talking about it. That is why royals stay quiet about those sorts of things, not just tabliods-but for protection for the other person.

oldiebutgoodie said:
I'm not blaming Kate for anything!!! I am just pointing out the differences is all, and I never said that William and Kate weren't dating. I just said that Kate hasn't been confirmed as his girlfriend, and this is a fact. I'm not making this up. Goodness.

William and Kate are still dating and but its true as confirm as dating since their college sweethearts but its William's choice to dating her i dont blame Kate and William.

I said in the previous thread that the tone of this discussion had better improve in this thread. So far it hasn't. There's no need for things to get so heated, and there's no need for the thread to be taken off topic. If people want a discussion about the pros and cons of providing security for Kate and/or Chelsy, please start another thread. If this digression goes on here, posts are going to start being deleted.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator.

But I thought that security and Kate was the latest current event. I'm not trying to be smart about this, but this is the latest current event that came out this past week.

This discussion about Kate's security was going off topic into discussions about her status, her status versus Chelsy Davy, who may or may not appropriately pay for her security, the likelihood of terrorist threats, and this business of this other woman in the USA. If the subject is really that complex, it would really be better off with its own thread. It's a bit of a judgement call, but, along with the acrimonious tone of this discussion, in this case it would be better to continue it somewhere else. I think it's as well to not get too occupied chasing tangents on a general thread like this.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of discussion about this article in Das Neuve. Not just here on the boards, but several newspapers have recycled the orginal Evening Standard story about William being upset about it and how "grossly irresponsible" it was.

Yet, we haven't heard details about the original article or seen the pictures from it. Is the media afraid to publish them?

Are those the pictures of Kate's house, regardez?

The articles say that there are pictures of William leaving Kate's flat after a night together. I assume these pictures are different than the ones from a couple weeks ago. They also said the pictures were of her building with an arrow pointing directly at her window.

So I find it a bit odd that none of them are saying more about what the article said (like how they knew William was spending the night?) or posting the pictures from it. I also think it's weird that the pictures aren't in the usual places either (like isifa or rex).

Because all the article use the same wording I feel like they just read the story in the Evening Standard and decided to recylce it or something. There hasn't really been any new information or details about it despite several different papers covering it.Ah, sorry that was so long.

regardez said:
The articles say that there are pictures of William leaving Kate's flat after a night together. I assume these pictures are different than the ones from a couple weeks ago. They also said the pictures were of her building with an arrow pointing directly at her window.

So I find it a bit odd that none of them are saying more about what the article said (like how they knew William was spending the night?) or posting the pictures from it. I also think it's weird that the pictures aren't in the usual places either (like isifa or rex).

Because all the article use the same wording I feel like they just read the story in the Evening Standard and decided to recylce it or something. There hasn't really been any new information or details about it despite several different papers covering it.Ah, sorry that was so long.

I agree with you. And you know what's weird, is that I wonder if this story wasn't made up to make William look good after so many people complained about him wanting to go to court to protect Kate for no real reason. It seems odd to me that this happened right after all of these complaints, but yet there are still no pictures like what you've said around on the Internet or anywhere for that matter. And you would think a story this big would make it into the headlines more, and even on the news if you want to go that far. And the pictures of Kate leaving her flat with William came out awhile back, but they didn't seem to mind that they were out there in the open for the whole world to take a picture of them. So, to me... all of this is weird. It just doesn't make any sense.

Oh sorry I don't think it is some conspiracy. I believe the story.

So that is what I found odd, that they haven't published many details or the pictures. I think the threat of legal action or an investigation is what is holding them back.

regardez said:

So that is what I found odd, that they haven't published many details or the pictures. I think the threat of legal action or an investigation is what is holding them back.

You know, I sort of believe this, although... there have been many pictures of celebrities in front of their houses etc. that still got published anyways. So, I don't think they care too much for that. And Kate isn't a celebrity, she is just a commoner, so they have a freer reign to publish these pictures actually, even though yes they could be sued, but even this won't stop the press from publishing pictures that could sell their magazines etc., which is why I doubt this story is even true.

I don't think it's a conspiracy either, but the royal family and celebrities in general have been known to plant stories, so anything is possible. It's just weird to me is all why all the sudden now William has a reason to go to court when he never had a reason to go to court to begin with when he first made that announcement, you know?

oldiebutgoodie said:
You know, I sort of believe this, although...
oldiebutgoodie said:
I don't think it's a conspiracy either, but...
Instead of posting a succession of veiled hints and inferences, now into its second day, could the members be advised exactly what your point is?

Warren
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Isn't the Evening Standard infamous for being rather a syphocant paper for the royal family? What I mean, I believe that the Evening Standard "sucks up" to them, is very conservative, and only writes about the royal family in flattering, or even just respectable ways. Like a documentary-voiceover once said, the Evening Standard is a bit like Majesty Magazine: "the softer side of royalty."
I think if Kate news is already a shoe-in for the Evening Standard, that's a serious sign of her and William's future intentions.

oldiebutgoodie said:
... there have been many pictures of celebrities in front of their houses etc. that still got published anyways. So, I don't think they care too much for that. And Kate isn't a celebrity, she is just a commoner, so they have a freer reign to publish these pictures actually, even though yes they could be sued, but even this won't stop the press from publishing pictures that could sell their magazines etc., which is why I doubt this story is even true.

it's very well said.

regardez said:

What story are you guys talking about?:confused: :)

I am very glad that Will has found a woman whom he can love and trust. I also believe that as much should be done as possible to protect Kate from the paparrazzis/the aggressive press.

However, after this incident with Will threatening to take the papers to the European Court of human rights....I am beginning to think that Kate has to learn to live with the pressure and intrusions. :eek:

It will only get worse. If she marries Will, the attention and the willingness to dig up any dirt on her will be 100 fold what it is now. So let Kate face the music for a while, see how she copes. :rolleyes: If she can get through it and deal with things, that would make her one step closer to the aisle. ;)

I agree! That's what I have been saying all along! She needs to be in the spotlight so she can become more accustomed to the press. It will either make her or break her.

"... there have been many pictures of celebrities in front of their houses etc. that still got published anyways. So, I don't think they care too much for that. And Kate isn't a celebrity, she is just a commoner, so they have a freer reign to publish these pictures actually, even though yes they could be sued, but even this won't stop the press from publishing pictures that could sell their magazines etc., which is why I doubt this story is even true. "

Kate isn't dating just a "celebrity", she's dating our future monarch. It's been less than 6 months since we suffered our wost terrorist atrocity, Royal security is at its highest since the worst days of the IRA. Of course, it is imperative that Kate also be duly protected and that includes her home, publishing photos pointing it out is incredibly irresponsible.

Kate the the press

I agree with LittleStar. Although I would like to add the press attention is bad enough now and they aren't even engaged or anything. It only going to get worse unless it is nipped in the bud now. William has said he doesn't want to get married for a few years, it is going to turn into a feeding frenzy otherwise.

I can kinda agree with the royals on the paparazzi. I think the paparazzi are out of control as a rule. But I live in LA , so I can see their point.

cde said:
I agree with LittleStar. Although I would like to add the press attention is bad enough now and they aren't even engaged or anything. It only going to get worse unless it is nipped in the bud now. William has said he doesn't want to get married for a few years, it is going to turn into a feeding frenzy otherwise.

I can kinda agree with the royals on the paparazzi. I think the paparazzi are out of control as a rule. But I live in LA , so I can see their point.
Then on top of that in London there are so many tabloids and paparazzis thats its ridiculus so they get no privacy whatsoever. Hopefully they can just try to have a normal relationship.

kaydura0717 said:
Then on top of that in London there are so many tabloids and paparazzis thats its ridiculus so they get no privacy whatsoever. Hopefully they can just try to have a normal relationship.

I've often heard and read that the British paparazzi are more aggressive than their counterparts from any other country. Maybe this is an exaggeration, as I'm sure American paparazzi and other countries' paparazzi can be just as aggressive, if not more so. Or maybe because the British tabloids keep pushing the limits, the paparazzi there are more under pressure to get more and more outrageous pictures, so they take more aggressive means to push celebrities out of control. I'm glad Kate is keeping her down and her clothing on, and I hope the paparazzi who follow her aren't yelling abusive things at her to provoke reactions, as they often do.

Eastnews

Mandatory Credit: Photo By REX FEATURES Kate Middleton with mother KATE MIDDLETON SHOPPING AT THE SALES IN LONDON, BRITAIN - 29 DEC 2005 EXCLUSIVE UKH

jifjsx.jpg
jifjut.jpg
jifjwh.jpg
jifk0n.jpg
jifk1v.jpg

CasiraghiTrio said:
I've often heard and read that the British paparazzi are more aggressive than their counterparts from any other country.
Hollywood paparazzi are probably more aggressive, but the British tabloid newspapers are in a league of their own.

She looks amazing! I wish I knew who made the bag. Would love to have one! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom