Kate Middleton Current Events 4: December 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jess said:
She looks amazing! I wish I knew who made the bag. Would love to have one! :)

I second! Kate seems to look pretty fashionable when she's out. Although she looks a little drowsy though.

I think I remember her looking at that bag a couple months ago when she was at that thing with her mom. (The third to last picture.)

There is a story in today's Daily Express Weekend that claims Kate "has been given a bodyguard after a major review of the security arrangements surrounding the couple." They are retired police officers (not Scotland Yard officers, at the taxpayer's expense).

I think that's a smarter move than going to the courts.

regardez said:
I think I remember her looking at that bag a couple months ago when she was at that thing with her mom. (The third to last picture.)

There is a story in today's Daily Express Weekend that claims Kate "has been given a bodyguard after a major review of the security arrangements surrounding the couple." They are retired police officers (not Scotland Yard officers, at the taxpayer's expense).

I think that's a smarter move than going to the courts.

I agree.

I think she looks tense because she knows she is being followed. :( I wish they'd give her some space.

That is a lovely bag though and I love her boots too.

Yes she looks very dreary and distraught. I feel sorry for her looking at those pics. Just leave her alone. She is not a royal or even officialy dating William. I hope she is handling it alright.

Yes but at the same time if she marries William (and you can't deny that there is a chance of that) she'll have to face this everyday. In my opinion Kate is still getting used to all the attention but she'd have to in order to become a Princess but I think once she gets used to it she'll be tough enough to just deal with it.

grim_lady said:
Yes but at the same time if she marries William (and you can't deny that there is a chance of that) she'll have to face this everyday. In my opinion Kate is still getting used to all the attention but she'd have to in order to become a Princess but I think once she gets used to it she'll be tough enough to just deal with it.

indeed. i'm sure time will help. though sophie dated edward for forever and she still struggled immensely after the wedding.

grim_lady said:
Although she looks a little drowsy though.

We probably all looked like that right after Christmas with all the food we ate! ha!

It says a lot about her that she doesn't care what people think and she's going to keep living her life whether photos are taken or not.

WOW!
Is is just me, or is she ALWAYS shopping----with her MOM? Anyways, just a quick question, did she get to spend the Christmas with prince william or not?:)

polop said:
WOW!
Is is just me, or is she ALWAYS shopping----with her MOM? Anyways, just a quick question, did she get to spend the Christmas with prince william or not?:)

Yeah, she is shopping a lot, but only when pictures are taken of her.
What I'm wondering about is that if she is constantly followed by paparazzies (as many articles says) why do we so randomly see any pics of Kate? :confused:
Is they follow her everywhere, why don't we see more pictures of her than once a month or something?

As to the William part: I don't know, but I think we would have seen pictures if they had spent a lot of time together. I'm sure they have been together for some time, probably at some castle where they can hide from the press.

Ava Elizabeth said:
Yeah, she is shopping a lot, but only when pictures are taken of her.
What I'm wondering about is that if she is constantly followed by paparazzies (as many articles says) why do we so randomly see any pics of Kate? :confused:
Is they follow her everywhere, why don't we see more pictures of her than once a month or something?

As to the William part: I don't know, but I think we would have seen pictures if they had spent a lot of time together. I'm sure they have been together for some time, probably at some castle where they can hide from the press.

I think that she isn't THAT famous or "entertaining". I mean media hounds on people from which their sales jump, and Kate, maybe isn't the one. If you go on some prominent websites, such as Gettyimages, Newscom, etc. the newest pictures of her are from, like, AUGUST! So, maybe the pictures we DO get to see are because she is Prince William's girlfriend, not because she is Kate Middleton.The interest in her is not as much as was with Princess Diana. :) :)

I may be dating myself but I was around before Princess Diana's engagement and the press was basically first interested in Diana because she was Prince Charles' girlfriend. In the U.S., the papers really didn't pick up interest until the engagement was announced. In fact the last I heard the papers were marrying Charles off to Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg when I turned around and found out he had engaged himself to Lady Diana Spencer. It was only after the engagement that the U.S. papers started detailing their courtship.

Charles' girlfriend who got the biggest press I thought was Lady Jane Wellesley. Her story got picked up by the American media and was featured in several general interest women's magazines for a year or more. Having the colorful Duke of Wellington as father didn't help her keep a low profile.

I think she's trying to say that there is not that much publicity on their relationship here in the U.S. like in england. I think here we don't care too much about royalty compared to hollywood. When charles and camilla came here they were only on the news for two days:when they arrived to NY and when they met the president. And really when they met the prsident they were just talking about what she wored compared to Lady bush. So no we don't get that much info on them.

I think that when she and william are photograped together you see more interest.Like when they are skiing.

kaydura0717 said:
I think she's trying to say that there is not that much publicity on their relationship here in the U.S. like in england. I think here we don't care too much about royalty compared to hollywood. When charles and camilla came here they were only on the news for two days:when they arrived to NY and when they met the president. And really when they met the prsident they were just talking about what she wored compared to Lady bush. So no we don't get that much info on them.

Exactly.Will and Kate are not as huge of a deal as in England or rest of the Europe.Many people don't even remember Prince William.:) ;)

so did any of the other royal family members have a girlfriend for this long? i know prince edward did (Sophie) whom he married, but what about the others? Prince Charles (Camilla doesnt count:p)

It's a test by fire for Kate. The longer she stays in the relationship, the more she will be scrutinized by the media, which will basically equal her life if she marries William. So, in my opinion, if she keeps handling it well, the prospects of a possible marriage increase.

I think Kate is quite charming and a very nice girl. She seems to be good for Prince William. I really like her...down to earth and cute. Good for William.

I don't think she is down to Earth.:) :) :)

well, i do have quicktime, but i still cant see it....maybe my connection's too low.i cant see the video you posted either:eek: :eek:

Ava Elizabeth said:
This video is about William entering Sandhurst, but in the beginning you can see prince William and Kate Middleton arriving at Heathrow
The video worked the first time for me, but didn't appear the second. So it's a Sky News site downloading issue.

The video worked for me
oh my god I love Harry's voice :p

"Exactly.Will and Kate are not as huge of a deal as in England or rest of the Europe"

Well that's hardly surprising, he's a British prince, of course the media in the UK are going to be more interested in him than the media in say the US.

Little_star said:
"Exactly.Will and Kate are not as huge of a deal as in England or rest of the Europe"

Well that's hardly surprising, he's a British prince, of course the media in the UK are going to be more interested in him than the media in say the US.

My point was that many people think that Will and Kate are on the cover of US weekly, and I was trying to say that wasn't the case.:)

so she didnt join the family for Christmas, right? I wonder if the queen inviting her to spend Christmas with them was just a rumour, or maybe it was true and Kate declined...although inviting her when shes just the girlfriend isnt right, since this is the firts year they've invited Camilla; and she's been around for 30 years!

Rumour has it cd 1 that Kate joined William at Sandringham on Boxing Day and they stayed in a cottage on the estate. However, to my knowledge no pictures have emerged of Kate at Sandringham?

Then, William and Kate went skiing.

kaydura0717 said:
I think she's trying to say that there is not that much publicity on their relationship here in the U.S. like in england.

Well what I was really trying to say that the U.S. media was not interested in Diana before her engagement was announced and Diana definitely became a media darling. So its not a bad reflection on Kate that the U.S. press is not that interested in her now. They'll probably pick up interest when an engagement is announced whether William decides to get married with Kate or another girl.

ysbel said:
Well what I was really trying to say that the U.S. media was not interested in Diana before her engagement was announced and Diana definitely became a media darling. So its not a bad reflection on Kate that the U.S. press is not that interested in her now. They'll probably pick up interest when an engagement is announced whether William decides to get married with Kate or another girl.

exactly. after the engagement all hell will break loose.

i think Kate's gotten pretty good play in the U.S. media considering her low profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom