Kate Middleton Current Events 3: October-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilou

Gentry
City
marseille
Country
France

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit

I agree totally but there has to be a line drawn. When Diana Spencer was in her early days of being engaged to Prince Charles, the media were following her everywhere. The Queen called various editors to the Palace and said, "It's a pretty rum deal if she can't even go to the shops for a bag of sweets without being snapped" - an editor said, "Why doesn't she send a footman for the sweets?" - the Queen said, "What a pompous suggestion". He needed a few gin and tonics to steady himself after that!

Miss Middleton is dating an heir to the throne. If she doesn't like being photographed then she had to find ways to deal with them. Stand still, turn turn, give them their photograph and then move on. If she tries to hide, it becomes a game for the Press and she'll be hounded.

Give and take is the answer and if she can't cope now then how will she cope in the future, should she have to?

BeatrixFan said:
I agree totally but there has to be a line drawn. When Diana Spencer was in her early days of being engaged to Prince Charles, the media were following her everywhere. The Queen called various editors to the Palace and said, "It's a pretty rum deal if she can't even go to the shops for a bag of sweets without being snapped" - an editor said, "Why doesn't she send a footman for the sweets?" - the Queen said, "What a pompous suggestion". He needed a few gin and tonics to steady himself after that!

Miss Middleton is dating an heir to the throne. If she doesn't like being photographed then she had to find ways to deal with them. Stand still, turn turn, give them their photograph and then move on. If she tries to hide, it becomes a game for the Press and she'll be hounded.

Give and take is the answer and if she can't cope now then how will she cope in the future, should she have to?

I agree. The paparazzi treated Lady Diana Spencer the same way. Frances Shand Kydd wrote a letter to the Fleet Street editors pleaing for them to leave her daughter alone. This was all during the courtship of Diana and Charles. It got pretty bad for Diana, bad enough for her mother to write that letter, so why can't people believe it is getting so bad for Kate? Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure people thought Diana was whining and was "full of herself" in 1980 too.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I agree. The paparazzi treated Lady Diana Spencer the same way. Frances Shand Kydd wrote a letter to the Fleet Street editors pleaing for them to leave her daughter alone. This was all during the courtship of Diana and Charles. It got pretty bad for Diana, bad enough for her mother to write that letter, so why can't people believe it is getting so bad for Kate? Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure people thought Diana was whining and was "full of herself" in 1980 too.

i would agree with you!

but Diana was mostly photographer woman in the world but i dont think her mother would write letters to editors about her royals daughters but i think Diana wanted be alone and no "help" and before she died Diana got mad at her mother for more reasons and she got slam at her mom by the phone and she wanted be alone till she died.

I think Kate would learn ingore by the paparazzi like Diana had it and the paparazzi still follow Diana for 15 years since 1981-1997 if Kate would get married to William we have wait and see.

Sara Boyce

Re:

Hmmm. Diana became a bit of an attention seeker when she was older and when she divorced. She wanted the Press to be there and she wanted to have her photograph taken. When the Press wanted to take photographs and it wasnt convienient for her, she became ratty and played the shy young girl hounded by the Press.

In MY OPINION anyway.

BeatrixFan said:
Hmmm. Diana became a bit of an attention seeker when she was older and when she divorced. She wanted the Press to be there and she wanted to have her photograph taken. When the Press wanted to take photographs and it wasnt convienient for her, she became ratty and played the shy young girl hounded by the Press.In MY OPINION anyway.
It's no secret she had her favourite reporters who she would whisper secrets to (hello Richard Kay), but playing the paparazzi is a more dangerous game. Journalists can be drip-fed when required, but freelance photographers are beholden to no celebrity, and are voracious. As Sarah Ferguson found to her cost, and humiliation.

BeatrixFan said:

There is one glaring difference here, Kate Middleton is not engaged to Prince William. She is simply (for the time being) dating him, and for that reason alone should be granted some amount of privacy. Kate did not willingly place herself in front of those camera lenses, and while I find it very naive of her to believe she wouldn't be hounded and photographed following Prince William's departure from St. Andrews, it's not fair to tell her to get over herself, or to criticize her for wanting what little privacy she can have (and has the right to have.)

If this relationship lasts the test of time then there will be many a time when Kate will have to deal with the press, but right now, when she is simply dating someone, should not be that time.

this article says it all. It's from The Mirror

"Her dilemma is that she wants to be with William - the world's most eligible bachelor - but she doesn't want the attention that goes with it.​
Well, to be blunt, that's tough.
She needs to accept that she will be photographed wherever she goes, she will be written about endlessly.
Her likes and dislikes will be speculated upon relentlessly, while the attention, the scrutiny will be ceaseless.
The crucial difference between Kate's situation and that of the late Princess is that she will have a loving partner to support and protect her.
The late Princess never had that. Kate should be grateful that she will not have to face the enmity alone."

Re:

I think if any of the Royal Family listen to Paul Burrell then they most definately need "ex-communicating".

William knows his own mind and Kate isn't stupid - she knows the problems of getting involved with an heir to the throne - let's not have another shy little sparrow who uses the media to her advantage one minute and claims it ruined her life the next.

It's time for them both to grow up a little.

Britters said:
There is one glaring difference here, Kate Middleton is not engaged to Prince William. She is simply (for the time being) dating him, and for that reason alone should be granted some amount of privacy. Kate did not willingly place herself in front of those camera lenses, and while I find it very naive of her to believe she wouldn't be hounded and photographed following Prince William's departure from St. Andrews, it's not fair to tell her to get over herself, or to criticize her for wanting what little privacy she can have (and has the right to have.)

If this relationship lasts the test of time then there will be many a time when Kate will have to deal with the press, but right now, when she is simply dating someone, should not be that time.

Ditto. This was perfectly stated. Excellent point. She has not committed herself to being a royal. She should not be followed by paparazzi. They are doing it, are expected to do it, and they will continue, but it's not right and it is not fair for them to do this. If she chose to accept William's proposal of marriage, that would be one thing. In that case, yes, we could say, "she chose it. She has to deal." For now, she is just his girlfriend. She should be treated like any other friend of his. Like Edward van Cutsem or any of the others. Not followed 24/7 by freelance photographers. That is inappropriate.

Re:

Not followed 24/7 by freelance photographers. That is inappropriate

Sadly, the media culture is very different from past years when individuals had some control. You either become a media prostitute and a poser or you wander around with your head wrapped in a scarf and wear huge sunglasses.

P.S - I love you avatar CasiraghiTrio!

polop said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4354636.stm

I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit!:cool:

I agree, she is already complaining. Its not like the photos were of her in her home..the photos were of public places. the friends pics are another matter-now she can find her true friends. if her only "pressure" is being photographed on a bus she should be thankfull!

So, Mr. Burrell is adding his two pence worth to this situation. IMO, he's the one who is addicted to the royal family and the spotlight and, you're right, anyone who would listen to him needs serious help! Kate shouldn't--as William's girlfriend--be followed 24/7; unfortunately, I don't think there's much which can be done about it if she wants to try and have any kind of life, including riding a bus or going on a job interview. She's "news," and stories of her sell papers and that's all the editors of these tabloids care about in the long run--so they're not going to call off their photographers. Look at poor Carolyn Bessette; she had to quit her job and, according to Newsweek, spend months inside John's apartment, sleeping till 3 PM, depressed and isolated in order to throw the press off the trail before their wedding. What kind of life is that? Kate and William have just come off of several rather isolated, private years and are young. Who knows if they will find others and this romance will go by the wayside? I don't know anyone who could be properly prepared for this scrutiny. But Paul Burrell weighing in just drives me nuts! Why doesn't the man just go away and be content he had his 15 minutes of fame and be done with it?

Re:

The terrible thing is, Burrell seems to think he can talk FOR the nation. He seems to be labouring under the missapprehension that we care what he thinks and he has appointed himself the Royalist Spokesman. He most certainly doesn't talk for me and is almost as bad as Peter Tatchell who claimed in a recent interview that he 'hated the Royal Family and speak for most of the gay community when I say that' - why do these people think they can speak for us all?!

maryshawn said:
So, Mr. Burrell is adding his two pence worth to this situation. IMO, he's the one who is addicted to the royal family and the spotlight and, you're right, anyone who would listen to him needs serious help! Kate shouldn't--as William's girlfriend--be followed 24/7; unfortunately, I don't think there's much which can be done about it if she wants to try and have any kind of life, including riding a bus or going on a job interview. She's "news," and stories of her sell papers and that's all the editors of these tabloids care about in the long run--so they're not going to call off their photographers. Look at poor Carolyn Bessette; she had to quit her job and, according to Newsweek, spend months inside John's apartment, sleeping till 3 PM, depressed and isolated in order to throw the press off the trail before their wedding. What kind of life is that? Kate and William have just come off of several rather isolated, private years and are young. Who knows if they will find others and this romance will go by the wayside? I don't know anyone who could be properly prepared for this scrutiny. But Paul Burrell weighing in just drives me nuts! Why doesn't the man just go away and be content he had his 15 minutes of fame and be done with it?

Yes, Paul Burrell is being ridiculous. I don't have anything against the guy. I'm sure he's been through his share of crap with the royal family. But he should really move on. He's written a book and made more than enough from it to pay off those insane legal fees. So now he should shut his trap and stay out of William and Kate's affairs.

as someone said earlier ,the photos oh her were on public places and tons of people saw her. The only different thing is that by posting the photos ,we are able to see it as well. I do not see the photos of her as an "evil" thing, unless very private. Having a few snop shots of her on very crowded area is not involving privacy at all. I believe it is a difference between a"good" and "a bad" gossip . If they stop posting photos of her and info about het, most of the royals will require the same and we won't have any forums for the simple reason we won't have any info at all. Did you guys get it ?or some might need more proof .

Last edited:
segolen said:
as someone said earlier ,the photos oh her were on public places and tons of people saw her. The only different thing is that by posting the photos ,we are able to see it as well. I do not see the photos of her as an "evil" thing, unless very private. Having a few snop shots of her on very crowded area is not involving privacy at all. I believe it is a difference between a"good" and "a bad" gossip . If they stop posting photos of her and info about het, most of the royals will require the same and we won't have any forums for the simple reason we won't have any info at all. Did you guys get it ?or some might need more proof .

I get it. It's a good point. The sad thing is that now that Kate has had all this exposure, it's sort of like she has no choice but to marry William now. I mean, it's like the press (and we, because of our interest?) have them back into a wall. I wonder how Kate can go to job interviews without facing this fact everyday? She walks into an office building to meet with a potential employer. They take one look at her, as everyone else (the secretary, the others waiting for interviews) does. "Oh, the girlfriend of Prince William... Why does she bother interviewing? Of course she'll get the job! And have to give it up right after she marries him! How fair is that!" Of course the people who pass her in the streets or meet her at interviews have those thoughts. "What are your longterm plans?" she might be asked in the interview. Of course the potential employer really wants to know, "Should I bother hiring someone who will quit as soon as she has a ring?" Or...."is the Prince of Wales going to call me if I don't choose her?" That has to be so weird!

ok,its a good point too,but don't you thing that any employer would have a great revenue in the future if they had employed the "future " royal wife .And they will do that,because they don't know what the future hold as we don't .
If they don't get together ,the company will have a long term employee, if they do get toghether,its just for the revenue .It is a win and win situation for the employer,i think

I think there are two ways of looking at Kate and her complaining of the photographers and press. Yes, the press has been very generous with Kate and hasn't published anything really bad about her. Yes, she is dating a prince, and while she is not engaged, she should expect the press. Yes, most of the photos of her are in public places and therefore the press have some right to take pictures. I agree with all that, but I would hate it if I just had to go to the grocery store and worry every single time about how I looked just to pick up a few apples or something. When she's with William, then I think both of them give up privacy and they should deal with that. They can go somewhere private for some alone time. But when Kate is alone she can't just hide inside her apartment, she has a life and needs to do things. Press is a necessary evil. BTW, I feel bad but Kate is never going to win. Everybody can take pictures of her with all those tiny digital cameras and picture cell phones out there. So no matter what she does, somebody can sell a picture of her to the press even if it's not by professional paparazzi.

That's the impression I get--that Mr. Burrell is the self-appointed spokesperson for everything and anything involving the royal family and his comments are picked up and replayed to the world, giving the impression his view is correct. And, unfortunately, a lot of people believe what they read and believe him to be the ultimate authority. And, you're right, who can speak for "all" on any subject? I used to be most supportive of Mr. Burrell but he is taking his "position," whatever it is, too far and needs to stop selling his views on everything related to the royal family. I'm sure he's very much on the outside now so he lacks any kind of credibility IMO. These are strictly "his thoughts" and I, for one, am not particularly interested in them since he wrote his book and all those items were found in this home. He is lucky the Queen stepped in when she did. And how did he repay her? He wrote a "tell-all." My concern is that he mentions he did not tell "everything" he knew in that book so I hope to God a second book is not in the offing, ala Simone Simmons, who just released her second book on "her friend."
BeatrixFan said:
The terrible thing is, Burrell seems to think he can talk FOR the nation. He seems to be labouring under the missapprehension that we care what he thinks and he has appointed himself the Royalist Spokesman. He most certainly doesn't talk for me and is almost as bad as Peter Tatchell who claimed in a recent interview that he 'hated the Royal Family and speak for most of the gay community when I say that' - why do these people think they can speak for us all?!

"I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit!:cool:"

Good for Kate. The press take serious liberties in this country and it's about time somebody, in this instance, Kate, stood up to them.

A book oh Kate! ha ha ha ha, it’s hard to believe and why on spanish?! Do they have enough material for a book ! Or may she had some Spanish admirer form St. Andrews. Wait until her lawyer sees it.

tx for the site Ruey. and to make it easier on all, I used the site and here is the translation. It's kind rough translation, but you can get the main idea;

"William: biography of Kate

Stephen Hird/Reuters

The prince William of England is furious with the fact of a biography done not authorize of his girlfriend, Kate Middleton, be able to come it to be published soon.

The book, of the authorship of Christopher Wilson, is going to cause furor, since the english always showed big curiosity regarding that that will be able to turn out to be wife of William and, by consequence, queen of England. “In this moment, Kate is one of the persons more acquaintances of the country, by that is native that the persons want to know more about her”, reveals an English citizen.

To the long one of the biography, between other things, will be possible to the reader have access to big part of the details of the romance of William and Kate, that already hard there are four years. The reader stayed to knowledge as the couple itself knew, like were the time in that both studied in the University of St. Andrews, in the Scotland, as is it be the life in common, since divide an apartment, between many others details of the life and of the family of the girlfriend of the prince.

The announcement of this polémica biography arises few days after Kate to have appealed the personal lawyer of the prince Carlos, Gerrard Tyrell for that he communicated to the Press that will continue publish it photographs of her will be able to to be prosecuted. Kate looks still not to have perceived that the siege of the photographers will be a constant one in his life continue it maintain a relation with the prince William, especially himself that relationship advance for somewhat graver, as the marriage.

ACCEPT FOR THE REAL FAMILY

Although William have determined go to live with Kate Middleton before of the marriage, somewhat little common in a real member, the girlfriend of the prince was well accepts for the English real family. The queen Isabel II, grandmother of William, considerou-to even “a lot pleasant”.

On the other hand, also the parents of Kate, Carol and Michael Middleton were shown agreement with the relation when knew the prince, by occasion of the formatura of the two. "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom