The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-08-2005, 02:49 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: marseille, France
Posts: 62
Kate Middleton Current Events 3: Oct - Dec 2005

.............
__________________

__________________
  #2  
Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Kate Middleton Current Events part 3

Welcome to part 3 of the thread for current news and photos of Kate Middleton, Prince William's girlfriend.

Part 2 is here:

Kate Middleton News and Pictures 2: Sept - Oct 2005
__________________

__________________
  #3  
Old 10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Harry's polo shirt's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: my paradise, United States
Posts: 2,091
WOW! there is already a part 3!
__________________
"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
– Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

  #4  
Old 10-21-2005, 12:10 PM
polop's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 482
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4354636.stm

I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit!
  #5  
Old 10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

Quote:
I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit
I agree totally but there has to be a line drawn. When Diana Spencer was in her early days of being engaged to Prince Charles, the media were following her everywhere. The Queen called various editors to the Palace and said, "It's a pretty rum deal if she can't even go to the shops for a bag of sweets without being snapped" - an editor said, "Why doesn't she send a footman for the sweets?" - the Queen said, "What a pompous suggestion". He needed a few gin and tonics to steady himself after that!

Miss Middleton is dating an heir to the throne. If she doesn't like being photographed then she had to find ways to deal with them. Stand still, turn turn, give them their photograph and then move on. If she tries to hide, it becomes a game for the Press and she'll be hounded.

Give and take is the answer and if she can't cope now then how will she cope in the future, should she have to?
__________________
  #6  
Old 10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I agree totally but there has to be a line drawn. When Diana Spencer was in her early days of being engaged to Prince Charles, the media were following her everywhere. The Queen called various editors to the Palace and said, "It's a pretty rum deal if she can't even go to the shops for a bag of sweets without being snapped" - an editor said, "Why doesn't she send a footman for the sweets?" - the Queen said, "What a pompous suggestion". He needed a few gin and tonics to steady himself after that!

Miss Middleton is dating an heir to the throne. If she doesn't like being photographed then she had to find ways to deal with them. Stand still, turn turn, give them their photograph and then move on. If she tries to hide, it becomes a game for the Press and she'll be hounded.

Give and take is the answer and if she can't cope now then how will she cope in the future, should she have to?
I agree. The paparazzi treated Lady Diana Spencer the same way. Frances Shand Kydd wrote a letter to the Fleet Street editors pleaing for them to leave her daughter alone. This was all during the courtship of Diana and Charles. It got pretty bad for Diana, bad enough for her mother to write that letter, so why can't people believe it is getting so bad for Kate? Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure people thought Diana was whining and was "full of herself" in 1980 too.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #7  
Old 10-21-2005, 12:53 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I agree. The paparazzi treated Lady Diana Spencer the same way. Frances Shand Kydd wrote a letter to the Fleet Street editors pleaing for them to leave her daughter alone. This was all during the courtship of Diana and Charles. It got pretty bad for Diana, bad enough for her mother to write that letter, so why can't people believe it is getting so bad for Kate? Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure people thought Diana was whining and was "full of herself" in 1980 too.
i would agree with you!

but Diana was mostly photographer woman in the world but i dont think her mother would write letters to editors about her royals daughters but i think Diana wanted be alone and no "help" and before she died Diana got mad at her mother for more reasons and she got slam at her mom by the phone and she wanted be alone till she died.

I think Kate would learn ingore by the paparazzi like Diana had it and the paparazzi still follow Diana for 15 years since 1981-1997 if Kate would get married to William we have wait and see.

Sara Boyce
__________________
  #8  
Old 10-21-2005, 12:56 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

Hmmm. Diana became a bit of an attention seeker when she was older and when she divorced. She wanted the Press to be there and she wanted to have her photograph taken. When the Press wanted to take photographs and it wasnt convienient for her, she became ratty and played the shy young girl hounded by the Press.

In MY OPINION anyway.
__________________
  #9  
Old 10-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Hmmm. Diana became a bit of an attention seeker when she was older and when she divorced. She wanted the Press to be there and she wanted to have her photograph taken. When the Press wanted to take photographs and it wasnt convienient for her, she became ratty and played the shy young girl hounded by the Press.In MY OPINION anyway.
It's no secret she had her favourite reporters who she would whisper secrets to (hello Richard Kay), but playing the paparazzi is a more dangerous game. Journalists can be drip-fed when required, but freelance photographers are beholden to no celebrity, and are voracious. As Sarah Ferguson found to her cost, and humiliation.
.
__________________
  #10  
Old 10-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I agree totally but there has to be a line drawn. When Diana Spencer was in her early days of being engaged to Prince Charles, the media were following her everywhere. The Queen called various editors to the Palace and said, "It's a pretty rum deal if she can't even go to the shops for a bag of sweets without being snapped" - an editor said, "Why doesn't she send a footman for the sweets?" - the Queen said, "What a pompous suggestion". He needed a few gin and tonics to steady himself after that!

Miss Middleton is dating an heir to the throne. If she doesn't like being photographed then she had to find ways to deal with them. Stand still, turn turn, give them their photograph and then move on. If she tries to hide, it becomes a game for the Press and she'll be hounded.

Give and take is the answer and if she can't cope now then how will she cope in the future, should she have to?
There is one glaring difference here, Kate Middleton is not engaged to Prince William. She is simply (for the time being) dating him, and for that reason alone should be granted some amount of privacy. Kate did not willingly place herself in front of those camera lenses, and while I find it very naive of her to believe she wouldn't be hounded and photographed following Prince William's departure from St. Andrews, it's not fair to tell her to get over herself, or to criticize her for wanting what little privacy she can have (and has the right to have.)

If this relationship lasts the test of time then there will be many a time when Kate will have to deal with the press, but right now, when she is simply dating someone, should not be that time.
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
  #11  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:11 PM
segolen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: EU, Bulgaria
Posts: 255
this article says it all. It's from The Mirror

"Her dilemma is that she wants to be with William - the world's most eligible bachelor - but she doesn't want the attention that goes with it.
Well, to be blunt, that's tough.
She needs to accept that she will be photographed wherever she goes, she will be written about endlessly.
Her likes and dislikes will be speculated upon relentlessly, while the attention, the scrutiny will be ceaseless.
The crucial difference between Kate's situation and that of the late Princess is that she will have a loving partner to support and protect her.
The late Princess never had that. Kate should be grateful that she will not have to face the enmity alone."
__________________
  #12  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:36 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
i read mirror articles but i knew paul burrell but dont listen to him! but Kate's choice to lived with Wills what she wanted it!

THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX: WHY KATE CAN WIN OVER 'THE FIRM'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
__________________
  #13  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:39 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

I think if any of the Royal Family listen to Paul Burrell then they most definately need "ex-communicating".

William knows his own mind and Kate isn't stupid - she knows the problems of getting involved with an heir to the throne - let's not have another shy little sparrow who uses the media to her advantage one minute and claims it ruined her life the next.

It's time for them both to grow up a little.
__________________
  #14  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:58 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
There is one glaring difference here, Kate Middleton is not engaged to Prince William. She is simply (for the time being) dating him, and for that reason alone should be granted some amount of privacy. Kate did not willingly place herself in front of those camera lenses, and while I find it very naive of her to believe she wouldn't be hounded and photographed following Prince William's departure from St. Andrews, it's not fair to tell her to get over herself, or to criticize her for wanting what little privacy she can have (and has the right to have.)

If this relationship lasts the test of time then there will be many a time when Kate will have to deal with the press, but right now, when she is simply dating someone, should not be that time.
Ditto. This was perfectly stated. Excellent point. She has not committed herself to being a royal. She should not be followed by paparazzi. They are doing it, are expected to do it, and they will continue, but it's not right and it is not fair for them to do this. If she chose to accept William's proposal of marriage, that would be one thing. In that case, yes, we could say, "she chose it. She has to deal." For now, she is just his girlfriend. She should be treated like any other friend of his. Like Edward van Cutsem or any of the others. Not followed 24/7 by freelance photographers. That is inappropriate.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #15  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:03 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

Quote:
Not followed 24/7 by freelance photographers. That is inappropriate
Sadly, the media culture is very different from past years when individuals had some control. You either become a media prostitute and a poser or you wander around with your head wrapped in a scarf and wear huge sunglasses.

P.S - I love you avatar CasiraghiTrio!
__________________
  #16  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Harry's polo shirt's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: my paradise, United States
Posts: 2,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4354636.stm

I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit!
I agree, she is already complaining. Its not like the photos were of her in her home..the photos were of public places. the friends pics are another matter-now she can find her true friends. if her only "pressure" is being photographed on a bus she should be thankfull!
__________________
"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
– Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

  #17  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:30 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
So, Mr. Burrell is adding his two pence worth to this situation. IMO, he's the one who is addicted to the royal family and the spotlight and, you're right, anyone who would listen to him needs serious help! Kate shouldn't--as William's girlfriend--be followed 24/7; unfortunately, I don't think there's much which can be done about it if she wants to try and have any kind of life, including riding a bus or going on a job interview. She's "news," and stories of her sell papers and that's all the editors of these tabloids care about in the long run--so they're not going to call off their photographers. Look at poor Carolyn Bessette; she had to quit her job and, according to Newsweek, spend months inside John's apartment, sleeping till 3 PM, depressed and isolated in order to throw the press off the trail before their wedding. What kind of life is that? Kate and William have just come off of several rather isolated, private years and are young. Who knows if they will find others and this romance will go by the wayside? I don't know anyone who could be properly prepared for this scrutiny. But Paul Burrell weighing in just drives me nuts! Why doesn't the man just go away and be content he had his 15 minutes of fame and be done with it?
__________________
  #18  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:39 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

The terrible thing is, Burrell seems to think he can talk FOR the nation. He seems to be labouring under the missapprehension that we care what he thinks and he has appointed himself the Royalist Spokesman. He most certainly doesn't talk for me and is almost as bad as Peter Tatchell who claimed in a recent interview that he 'hated the Royal Family and [I] speak for most of the gay community when I say that' - why do these people think they can speak for us all?!
__________________
  #19  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:41 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
So, Mr. Burrell is adding his two pence worth to this situation. IMO, he's the one who is addicted to the royal family and the spotlight and, you're right, anyone who would listen to him needs serious help! Kate shouldn't--as William's girlfriend--be followed 24/7; unfortunately, I don't think there's much which can be done about it if she wants to try and have any kind of life, including riding a bus or going on a job interview. She's "news," and stories of her sell papers and that's all the editors of these tabloids care about in the long run--so they're not going to call off their photographers. Look at poor Carolyn Bessette; she had to quit her job and, according to Newsweek, spend months inside John's apartment, sleeping till 3 PM, depressed and isolated in order to throw the press off the trail before their wedding. What kind of life is that? Kate and William have just come off of several rather isolated, private years and are young. Who knows if they will find others and this romance will go by the wayside? I don't know anyone who could be properly prepared for this scrutiny. But Paul Burrell weighing in just drives me nuts! Why doesn't the man just go away and be content he had his 15 minutes of fame and be done with it?
Yes, Paul Burrell is being ridiculous. I don't have anything against the guy. I'm sure he's been through his share of crap with the royal family. But he should really move on. He's written a book and made more than enough from it to pay off those insane legal fees. So now he should shut his trap and stay out of William and Kate's affairs.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #20  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:44 PM
segolen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: EU, Bulgaria
Posts: 255
as someone said earlier ,the photos oh her were on public places and tons of people saw her. The only different thing is that by posting the photos ,we are able to see it as well. I do not see the photos of her as an "evil" thing, unless very private. Having a few snop shots of her on very crowded area is not involving privacy at all. I believe it is a difference between a"good" and "a bad" gossip . If they stop posting photos of her and info about het, most of the royals will require the same and we won't have any forums for the simple reason we won't have any info at all. Did you guys get it ?or some might need more proof .
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]