The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
as someone said earlier ,the photos oh her were on public places and tons of people saw her. The only different thing is that by posting the photos ,we are able to see it as well. I do not see the photos of her as an "evil" thing, unless very private. Having a few snop shots of her on very crowded area is not involving privacy at all. I believe it is a difference between a"good" and "a bad" gossip . If they stop posting photos of her and info about het, most of the royals will require the same and we won't have any forums for the simple reason we won't have any info at all. Did you guys get it ?or some might need more proof .
I get it. It's a good point. The sad thing is that now that Kate has had all this exposure, it's sort of like she has no choice but to marry William now. I mean, it's like the press (and we, because of our interest?) have them back into a wall. I wonder how Kate can go to job interviews without facing this fact everyday? She walks into an office building to meet with a potential employer. They take one look at her, as everyone else (the secretary, the others waiting for interviews) does. "Oh, the girlfriend of Prince William... Why does she bother interviewing? Of course she'll get the job! And have to give it up right after she marries him! How fair is that!" Of course the people who pass her in the streets or meet her at interviews have those thoughts. "What are your longterm plans?" she might be asked in the interview. Of course the potential employer really wants to know, "Should I bother hiring someone who will quit as soon as she has a ring?" Or...."is the Prince of Wales going to call me if I don't choose her?" That has to be so weird!

Old 10-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Nobility

ok,its a good point too,but don't you thing that any employer would have a great revenue in the future if they had employed the "future " royal wife .And they will do that,because they don't know what the future hold as we don't .
If they don't get together ,the company will have a long term employee, if they do get toghether,its just for the revenue .It is a win and win situation for the employer,i think

Old 10-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

I think there are two ways of looking at Kate and her complaining of the photographers and press. Yes, the press has been very generous with Kate and hasn't published anything really bad about her. Yes, she is dating a prince, and while she is not engaged, she should expect the press. Yes, most of the photos of her are in public places and therefore the press have some right to take pictures. I agree with all that, but I would hate it if I just had to go to the grocery store and worry every single time about how I looked just to pick up a few apples or something. When she's with William, then I think both of them give up privacy and they should deal with that. They can go somewhere private for some alone time. But when Kate is alone she can't just hide inside her apartment, she has a life and needs to do things. Press is a necessary evil. BTW, I feel bad but Kate is never going to win. Everybody can take pictures of her with all those tiny digital cameras and picture cell phones out there. So no matter what she does, somebody can sell a picture of her to the press even if it's not by professional paparazzi.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

That's the impression I get--that Mr. Burrell is the self-appointed spokesperson for everything and anything involving the royal family and his comments are picked up and replayed to the world, giving the impression his view is correct. And, unfortunately, a lot of people believe what they read and believe him to be the ultimate authority. And, you're right, who can speak for "all" on any subject? I used to be most supportive of Mr. Burrell but he is taking his "position," whatever it is, too far and needs to stop selling his views on everything related to the royal family. I'm sure he's very much on the outside now so he lacks any kind of credibility IMO. These are strictly "his thoughts" and I, for one, am not particularly interested in them since he wrote his book and all those items were found in this home. He is lucky the Queen stepped in when she did. And how did he repay her? He wrote a "tell-all." My concern is that he mentions he did not tell "everything" he knew in that book so I hope to God a second book is not in the offing, ala Simone Simmons, who just released her second book on "her friend."
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
The terrible thing is, Burrell seems to think he can talk FOR the nation. He seems to be labouring under the missapprehension that we care what he thinks and he has appointed himself the Royalist Spokesman. He most certainly doesn't talk for me and is almost as bad as Peter Tatchell who claimed in a recent interview that he 'hated the Royal Family and [I] speak for most of the gay community when I say that' - why do these people think they can speak for us all?!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

is he writting a second book??

Old 10-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

"I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit!"

Good for Kate. The press take serious liberties in this country and it's about time somebody, in this instance, Kate, stood up to them.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Nobility

http://www.correiomanha.pt/noticia.a...33&idCanal=133

I can't speak (Spanish?) so hopefully someone will translate it but I did figure out some of it from my French background. Apparently somebody is writing a book about Kate Middleton?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Nobility

A book oh Kate! ha ha ha ha, it’s hard to believe and why on spanish?! Do they have enough material for a book ! Or may she had some Spanish admirer form St. Andrews. Wait until her lawyer sees it.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
I can't speak (Spanish?) so hopefully someone will translate it but I did figure out some of it from my French background. Apparently somebody is writing a book about Kate Middleton?
Portugese, actually. http://www.freetranslation.com/ can help you some. In short, Prince Williams is [annoyed] that a non-authorized biography of Kate might be published.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Nobility

tx for the site Ruey. and to make it easier on all, I used the site and here is the translation. It's kind rough translation, but you can get the main idea;

"William: biography of Kate

Stephen Hird/Reuters

The prince William of England is furious with the fact of a biography done not authorize of his girlfriend, Kate Middleton, be able to come it to be published soon.

The book, of the authorship of Christopher Wilson, is going to cause furor, since the english always showed big curiosity regarding that that will be able to turn out to be wife of William and, by consequence, queen of England. “In this moment, Kate is one of the persons more acquaintances of the country, by that is native that the persons want to know more about her”, reveals an English citizen.

To the long one of the biography, between other things, will be possible to the reader have access to big part of the details of the romance of William and Kate, that already hard there are four years. The reader stayed to knowledge as the couple itself knew, like were the time in that both studied in the University of St. Andrews, in the Scotland, as is it be the life in common, since divide an apartment, between many others details of the life and of the family of the girlfriend of the prince.

The announcement of this polémica biography arises few days after Kate to have appealed the personal lawyer of the prince Carlos, Gerrard Tyrell for that he communicated to the Press that will continue publish it photographs of her will be able to to be prosecuted. Kate looks still not to have perceived that the siege of the photographers will be a constant one in his life continue it maintain a relation with the prince William, especially himself that relationship advance for somewhat graver, as the marriage.

ACCEPT FOR THE REAL FAMILY

Although William have determined go to live with Kate Middleton before of the marriage, somewhat little common in a real member, the girlfriend of the prince was well accepts for the English real family. The queen Isabel II, grandmother of William, considerou-to even “a lot pleasant”.

On the other hand, also the parents of Kate, Carol and Michael Middleton were shown agreement with the relation when knew the prince, by occasion of the formatura of the two. "
Old 10-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

what a waste of time to write a book about Kate.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Aristocracy

I did hear she might/is moving in with Prince William. If she does move into Clarence House, then she'll be living quite luxuriously without having to pay too much (spare me the Camilla angle please!) and I think getting snapped is a small price to pay. Furthermore, dating William will give her an advantage in getting a job. Someone mentioned it would be a good bit of publicity and prestige to add to company history if the future queen had worked there. Furthermore, if Kate and William break up then Kate will have a steady job. In a way, it is a win-win situation for Kate.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
Seriously.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
I did hear she might/is moving in with Prince William. If she does move into Clarence House, then she'll be living quite luxuriously without having to pay too much (spare me the Camilla angle please!) and I think getting snapped is a small price to pay. Furthermore, dating William will give her an advantage in getting a job. Someone mentioned it would be a good bit of publicity and prestige to add to company history if the future queen had worked there. Furthermore, if Kate and William break up then Kate will have a steady job. In a way, it is a win-win situation for Kate.
I guess William and Harry don't use their apartments in York House anymore? Was that only temporary residence for during their holidays when they were at Eton?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez

That article it´s from a portuguese newspaper And i belive that it´s someone from GB that is going to write the book, not a portuguese or spanish writter.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
That is sooo true..what if they don't marry at all...
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Kate did not willingly place herself in front of those camera lenses, and while I find it very naive of her to believe she wouldn't be hounded and photographed following Prince William's departure from St. Andrews, it's not fair to tell her to get over herself, or to criticize her for wanting what little privacy she can have (and has the right to have.)
I don’t believe she is very naive, as some of us think. She knows , what she is doing. And she knows, that she will be photographed. I would like to say the same, as someone said earlier “ get over it”.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I couldn't agree more Segolen!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Can everyone else see the pictures posted from the William Daily site? I just get an error message.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
I don’t believe she is very naive, as some of us think. She knows , what she is doing. And she knows, that she will be photographed. I would like to say the same, as someone said earlier “ get over it”.
Exactly. I think they all just need a reason to complain. Instead of pointing out what sucks about their lives, maybe they should realize what they have.Some one earlier said that getting photographed is not such a huge price to pay for all that they recieve.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton