Kate Middleton Current Events 19: March-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 19 of the thread to discuss Kate Middleton's current events.

Part 18 is here.

Who's the guy with her in those Isifa pictures?

(I think you need to be registered at the site to enlarge them, maymayflying.)

is it just me or does she look so much better (confident, poised, elegant) when she is pictured without william :ermm:...i am starting to think the opposite of what most people think: her and william don't suit each other at all, they make an odd couple, but i guess she is who william needs to be by his side as his future queen

there's 48 pages of pictures of her!!! i aint checking all of them!!! lol

Last edited:
aplusw2000 said:
is it just me or does she look so much better (confident, poised, elegant) when she is pictured without william :ermm:...i am starting to think the opposite of what most people think: her and william don't suit each other at all, they make an odd couple, but i guess she is who william needs to be by his side as his future queen

I understand what you're saying, but I think the reason for Kate looked much less carefree when she is with William is the amount of scrutiny she's under. When she's with William, even more people are watching, there's no room for slip-ups, she's probably talking to very important people and everyone's judging her as the future princess. However, when she's flying solo, I'd imagine there'd be a lot less pressure. Of course she'll have to get used to it, but she and William have had very few public appearances together, so maybe in time she'll seem more relaxed.

she has a beautiful smile doesn't she! maybe when she's with william she tries to stay in the background (if that's possible with all the interest in her). i think it only adds to her maturity and quiet self confidence. i really hope they do marry...i think she'll make a lovely princess and will handle the job superbly.

Chiyo said:
Who's the guy with her in those Isifa pictures?
Isn't it Guy or am I looking at the wrong pictures? :lol:

No, that's not Guy and the one Getty have identified as Guy isn't him either.

Skydragon said:
Isn't it Guy or am I looking at the wrong pictures? :lol:

Nah, Guy's a weedy little thing, and this one is...er... sturdily built.

Chiyo said:
Nah, Guy's a weedy little thing, and this one is...er... sturdily built.
??? sturdily built????? :ROFLMAO: :lol: you are so polite! :ROFLMAO: I expect it is just a sturdy friend of Williams.
Guy is the not very weedy chap on the left, at the back in tweed. Getty

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
??? sturdily built????? :ROFLMAO: :lol: you are so polite! :ROFLMAO: I expect it is just a sturdy friend of Williams.

Nope, that's not guy either. Guy is on the right of this picture. Source: Getty.

Brit Girl UK said:
Nope, that's not guy either. Guy is on the right of this picture. Source: Getty.
The picture you are using is quite old and that is either James Murray Wells or Simon Diss!

The question has been solved for us it would seem, it is Thomas van Straubenzee.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:

I love her facial expression in that picture. Priceless. :lol: :lol: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

she looks so at ease. also i like her casual smart way of dressing. i am not a VERY big fan of her, but i like her freshness, and does not seem 'double-intentioned' to me.

One of the men pictured with Kate, the shorter, stockier man with the dark curly hair in background photos is William's dear friend Tom von Straubenze. (There are pictures of him walking behind Kate in the winner's circle?? or the grounds, or whatever it's called. The press usually don't identify him, but he was identified when he accompanied William on an official trip to New Zealand last year, I believe.) He attended William's passing out with Kate and her family, Tom was also with William and Kate in Zermatt last week. He is extremely close to William.

The taller dark haired man who is prominently pictured standing with and talking to Kate in the Royal Box is someone I don't know. Well, I don't know any of them, but I do know of von Straubenze as he has been identified as William's very close friend. His brother -- who I think was a friend of William and Harry -- died tragically in a car accident on a road near Highgrove several years ago, I believe. He was 19 or something like that. Tragic.

Anyway, one of William's close pals (often von Straubenze, James Meade, Guy Pelly:ROFLMAO:, etc.) is usually discretely riding shotgun with Kate at an event when William is not there, or even when William is there. I've read they sort of watch over her for him, which I think is very nice.

And I agree I just love how this young woman handles herself. It is really a testament to her upbrining. Her mother Carole is berated as a gum chewing social climber, which is amazing as she has yet to utter a word, but if she raised a young woman like Kate, she can't be all bad.

Last edited:
Are we sure the young woman pictured is Catherine? :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Kate looks like she's getting used to the media attention. and thats a good thing.

Yes Sirhon I agree. Also I think as it is a public event, Kate knows she's fair game and handles herself brilliantly. But outside of her front door first thing in the morning and last thing at night is a different ballgame. But in my mind, that is a small price to pay for the extremely privileged and rarified life she is about to lead and is already living. It comes with the territory. Easy for me to take the hard line, especially since no one except the mailman or the kids waiting across the street for the school bus are there to see me back out of my garage for work every morning, but Kate I think won't have a problem coming to terms with the fact that that is the cross she will bear from now on. She seems to take it in stride. The self-confidence just oozes from her. I like that.

I think Kate knows what she's getting herself into. I honestly don't think she'd still be around if she didn't feel she could handle it. I'd run for the hills! I'm sure she knows full well what Diana had to put up with and what life will be like for her and what she will have to put up with for the rest of her life. I'm almost sure at least William has by now warned her thoroughly. I don't understand the press lawsuits thing, but I'm thinking the more I read about that, it wasn't her idea to start all of that, maybe it's really been William and maybe Charles wanting to protect her, nothing she's orchestrated herself. But it appears that a lot of people think all the complaints about the press pressure have been instigated by her. I just don't think I believe that.

I agree with you Izzy. I think either William and/or her parents were behind her attorneys' complaints. She talked him out of quitting school, she's probably a tough cookie, which is what he needs. That dude is picked a winner in Kate, I think. She will be a lovely consort.

Skydragon said:

Noo! That's not Guy Pelly! ISn't the one at the back Tom van Straubenzee? I don't know who the center guy is, but neither one of them is Guy Pelly! :lol:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Noo! That's not Guy Pelly! ISn't the one at the back Tom van Straubenzee? I don't know who the center guy is, but neither one of them is Guy Pelly! :lol:
CasiraghiTrio, the newspapers already told us it was TvS, it's the other guy nobody seems to know! :ROFLMAO: This is the problem with 'youngsters' they change so quickly! :lol:

Skydragon said:
CasiraghiTrio, the newspapers already told us it was TvS, it's the other guy nobody seems to know! :ROFLMAO: This is the problem with 'youngsters' they change so quickly! :lol:

Oh ok! I was so surprised to see that post of yours, because you know so much about all of the Windsor family and I didn't see how such an expert could mistake TvS for Pelly, hehe! :lol: But about that mysterious guy, at first I thought he could Middleton's brother James, but I suppose James must be too young to be him. I will have to look at the photo again. James must be what, 16 or so (????) and if memory serves, the guy in the picture seemed to be at least 30. I don't know. It was just a fleeting thought. I doubt he is James Middleton.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Oh ok! I was so surprised to see that post of yours, because you know so much about all of the Windsor family and I didn't see how such an expert could mistake TvS for Pelly, hehe!
Expert me, :ROFLMAO: Not a title I would lay claim to at all!

I am useless at identifying anyone, I shouted at Mel Gibson, (he deserved it), it was my daughter who pointed out who it was! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom