The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton Current Events 19: 16 March - 15 April 2007

Welcome to part 19 of the thread to discuss Kate Middleton's current events.

Part 18 is here.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Fotobanka isifa image service
New pics.
How to large it?

Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

Who's the guy with her in those Isifa pictures?

(I think you need to be registered at the site to enlarge them, maymayflying.)
Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Commoner

is it just me or does she look so much better (confident, poised, elegant) when she is pictured without william ...i am starting to think the opposite of what most people think: her and william don't suit each other at all, they make an odd couple, but i guess she is who william needs to be by his side as his future queen
Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Commoner

there's 48 pages of pictures of her!!! i aint checking all of them!!! lol
Old 03-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Aristocracy

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Look at here.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplusw2000
is it just me or does she look so much better (confident, poised, elegant) when she is pictured without william ...i am starting to think the opposite of what most people think: her and william don't suit each other at all, they make an odd couple, but i guess she is who william needs to be by his side as his future queen
I understand what you're saying, but I think the reason for Kate looked much less carefree when she is with William is the amount of scrutiny she's under. When she's with William, even more people are watching, there's no room for slip-ups, she's probably talking to very important people and everyone's judging her as the future princess. However, when she's flying solo, I'd imagine there'd be a lot less pressure. Of course she'll have to get used to it, but she and William have had very few public appearances together, so maybe in time she'll seem more relaxed.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Royal Highness

she has a beautiful smile doesn't she! maybe when she's with william she tries to stay in the background (if that's possible with all the interest in her). i think it only adds to her maturity and quiet self confidence. i really hope they do marry...i think she'll make a lovely princess and will handle the job superbly.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Who's the guy with her in those Isifa pictures?
Isn't it Guy or am I looking at the wrong pictures?
Old 03-17-2007, 07:53 AM

No, that's not Guy and the one Getty have identified as Guy isn't him either.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Isn't it Guy or am I looking at the wrong pictures?
Nah, Guy's a weedy little thing, and this one is...er... sturdily built.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Nah, Guy's a weedy little thing, and this one is...er... sturdily built.
??? sturdily built????? you are so polite! I expect it is just a sturdy friend of Williams.
Guy is the not very weedy chap on the left, at the back in tweed. Getty
Old 03-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Courtier

The Sun Online - News: William's girl is Kate-o Star
Old 03-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
??? sturdily built????? you are so polite! I expect it is just a sturdy friend of Williams.
Nope, that's not guy either. Guy is on the right of this picture. Source: Getty.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

This racing lark is such fun..even without my Wills | the Daily Mail

Photo #2. Doesn't she reminds you someone?
Old 03-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Girl UK
Nope, that's not guy either. Guy is on the right of this picture. Source: Getty.
The picture you are using is quite old and that is either James Murray Wells or Simon Diss!

The question has been solved for us it would seem, it is Thomas van Straubenzee.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

Kate - you're great but those tweeds HAVE to go!

Katie Nicholl
Old 03-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I love her facial expression in that picture. Priceless.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Aristocracy

she looks so at ease. also i like her casual smart way of dressing. i am not a VERY big fan of her, but i like her freshness, and does not seem 'double-intentioned' to me.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Nobility

One of the men pictured with Kate, the shorter, stockier man with the dark curly hair in background photos is William's dear friend Tom von Straubenze. (There are pictures of him walking behind Kate in the winner's circle?? or the grounds, or whatever it's called. The press usually don't identify him, but he was identified when he accompanied William on an official trip to New Zealand last year, I believe.) He attended William's passing out with Kate and her family, Tom was also with William and Kate in Zermatt last week. He is extremely close to William.

The taller dark haired man who is prominently pictured standing with and talking to Kate in the Royal Box is someone I don't know. Well, I don't know any of them, but I do know of von Straubenze as he has been identified as William's very close friend. His brother -- who I think was a friend of William and Harry -- died tragically in a car accident on a road near Highgrove several years ago, I believe. He was 19 or something like that. Tragic.

Anyway, one of William's close pals (often von Straubenze, James Meade, Guy Pelly, etc.) is usually discretely riding shotgun with Kate at an event when William is not there, or even when William is there. I've read they sort of watch over her for him, which I think is very nice.

And I agree I just love how this young woman handles herself. It is really a testament to her upbrining. Her mother Carole is berated as a gum chewing social climber, which is amazing as she has yet to utter a word, but if she raised a young woman like Kate, she can't be all bad.

Tags
kate middleton