The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Are we sure the young woman pictured is Catherine?

Old 03-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looks like she's getting used to the media attention. and thats a good thing.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Nobility

Yes Sirhon I agree. Also I think as it is a public event, Kate knows she's fair game and handles herself brilliantly. But outside of her front door first thing in the morning and last thing at night is a different ballgame. But in my mind, that is a small price to pay for the extremely privileged and rarified life she is about to lead and is already living. It comes with the territory. Easy for me to take the hard line, especially since no one except the mailman or the kids waiting across the street for the school bus are there to see me back out of my garage for work every morning, but Kate I think won't have a problem coming to terms with the fact that that is the cross she will bear from now on. She seems to take it in stride. The self-confidence just oozes from her. I like that.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Commoner

I think Kate knows what she's getting herself into. I honestly don't think she'd still be around if she didn't feel she could handle it. I'd run for the hills! I'm sure she knows full well what Diana had to put up with and what life will be like for her and what she will have to put up with for the rest of her life. I'm almost sure at least William has by now warned her thoroughly. I don't understand the press lawsuits thing, but I'm thinking the more I read about that, it wasn't her idea to start all of that, maybe it's really been William and maybe Charles wanting to protect her, nothing she's orchestrated herself. But it appears that a lot of people think all the complaints about the press pressure have been instigated by her. I just don't think I believe that.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Nobility

I agree with you Izzy. I think either William and/or her parents were behind her attorneys' complaints. She talked him out of quitting school, she's probably a tough cookie, which is what he needs. That dude is picked a winner in Kate, I think. She will be a lovely consort.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
??? sturdily built????? you are so polite! I expect it is just a sturdy friend of Williams.
Guy is the not very weedy chap on the left, at the back in tweed. Getty
Noo! That's not Guy Pelly! ISn't the one at the back Tom van Straubenzee? I don't know who the center guy is, but neither one of them is Guy Pelly!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Noo! That's not Guy Pelly! ISn't the one at the back Tom van Straubenzee? I don't know who the center guy is, but neither one of them is Guy Pelly!
CasiraghiTrio, the newspapers already told us it was TvS, it's the other guy nobody seems to know! This is the problem with 'youngsters' they change so quickly!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Nothing new in it, but an interesting summary of Catherine's "career" in the public's eye:

Oliver Marre talks to friends and insiders about Kate Middleton's rise to fame | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

"Girl, interrupted

When Kate Middleton met fellow student William Wales, her life changed in an instant. Oliver Marre talks to friends and insiders about her journey from a Berkshire village to Buckingham Palace"
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
CasiraghiTrio, the newspapers already told us it was TvS, it's the other guy nobody seems to know! This is the problem with 'youngsters' they change so quickly!
Oh ok! I was so surprised to see that post of yours, because you know so much about all of the Windsor family and I didn't see how such an expert could mistake TvS for Pelly, hehe! But about that mysterious guy, at first I thought he could Middleton's brother James, but I suppose James must be too young to be him. I will have to look at the photo again. James must be what, 16 or so (????) and if memory serves, the guy in the picture seemed to be at least 30. I don't know. It was just a fleeting thought. I doubt he is James Middleton.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Oh ok! I was so surprised to see that post of yours, because you know so much about all of the Windsor family and I didn't see how such an expert could mistake TvS for Pelly, hehe!
Expert me, Not a title I would lay claim to at all!

I am useless at identifying anyone, I shouted at Mel Gibson, (he deserved it), it was my daughter who pointed out who it was!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Expert me, Not a title I would lay claim to at all!

I am useless at identifying anyone, I shouted at Mel Gibson, (he deserved it), it was my daughter who pointed out who it was!
If you've that lovely Scottish upper class accent I imagine you with, then this must have been something the Aussie won't ever forget...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Well, I looked at the picture again and we can definitely rule out schoolboy James Middleton. As one might say, That ain't no schoolboy!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Nobility

I like her outfits at the races, esp the blue jacketed one.

But why does she always wear the same earrings?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
If you've that lovely Scottish upper class accent I imagine you with, then this must have been something the Aussie won't ever forget...
He doesn't answer to "Aussie" any longer. He's disowned us and identifies with his country of birth, so it's something I hope the Yank doesn't forget. Payback for Braveheart, perhaps.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palantine
Nothing new in it, but an interesting summary of Catherine's "career" in the public's eye:

Oliver Marre talks to friends and insiders about Kate Middleton's rise to fame | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

"Girl, interrupted

When Kate Middleton met fellow student William Wales, her life changed in an instant. Oliver Marre talks to friends and insiders about her journey from a Berkshire village to Buckingham Palace"
Well the headlines tempted us with all sorts of hidden goodies divulged by Kate's oldest mates, but the most interesting part of the article was the opinions of the media people about Kate's approach with the media.

One media expert suggested that Kate had learned from Diana's mistake and was keeping the press and a safe but respectable distance. Another expert said that was a mistake, it was past the time when royals could afford to be reserved with the press and he advised that Kate should try to make friends with the press.

Hmm, methinks if Kate tried to be friends with the press it would help their circulation but not necessarily Kate.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Courtier

There is no good time to curry the press' favour.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
He doesn't answer to "Aussie" any longer. He's disowned us and identifies with his country of birth...
I thought some of us disowned him first when he delivered his homophobic rant; reinforced later on by his anti-Jewish rant. Mel's a real class act.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
There is no good time to curry the press' favour.
I'd take that a step further and say that there is no such thing as the press' favor.

And as for Mel Gibson, I vote we fob him off on Pluto, since it's not even a planet anymore.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
but the most interesting part of the article was the opinions of the media people about Kate's approach with the media.
There were some other interesting bits in the Oliver Marre piece. I found it interesting to learn of her 'slight bullying' at Downe House. I wonder why she didn't fit in there. Maybe the DH girls tend to be a bit more prima donna, who knows.
On a different vein, wasn't Lady Gabriella Windsor a Downe House student? She and Kate were born with a year or two of each other, so I guess they were schoolmates for awhile, anyway. ??
Old 03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 19.3.2007

Here are some pics of Kate walking through the streets yesterday:

--> Pic
--> Picture gallery

Tags
kate middleton