The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Who doesn't have an antique green enamel diamond-framed compact? I have 4. William needs to get a more unique gift for his lady-love next time.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Gentry

ugh, we dont even knew if this is article is true... if william really plans to surprise kate, as secretive <or whatever you call it> as he is, wouldn't he have done his best so that "his plans" won't leak out - most especially to the media men who'd be dying to get this into front page the next day??

Old 02-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Nobility

I think he should just do it on some random day. The rumors will always grow when there is a holiday or an anniversary of some kind.

I'd like to see him spring it on a day like Tuesday March???? A day that means nothing, because in the future it will always be the day Prince William got engaged. I think he should pick a day and make it his own special holiday in the future.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Did anyone happen to catch the little quib in the article that said the "gift" originally belonged to his mother's estate??? So William paid for a gift for Catherine that was rightly his? who did he buy it from Paul Burrell? this story is apocryphal.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
Did anyone happen to catch the little quib in the article that said the "gift" originally belonged to his mother's estate??? So William paid for a gift for Catherine that was rightly his? who did he buy it from Paul Burrell?
No, I have read through it twice and can't find any mention of his dead mother or her estate. The executors are able to sell anything that Diana personally owned, but Diana wasn't 'into' horses or polo and if it had been hers, I would have thought it was a very inappropriate gift for his girlfriend.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry forgot it was an article I had read on the royalist, which of course I shouldn't be reading..
Old 02-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
At least we aren't being told that he will 'pop the question' this year on Valentine's Day.

You know, if and when this happens, I hope it will be on a day no one expects and surprised everyone.
Too late ! Read this....

Odds on for royal Valentine proposal

14th February 2007 16:02:33
British bookmakers are taking bets on Britain's Prince William proposing to his girlfriend on Valentine's Day (14.02.07).
William Hill is offering 14/1 odds that the young royal will get down on one knee to ask Kate Middleton to be his wife today.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
Sorry forgot it was an article I had read on the royalist, which of course I shouldn't be reading..
I'm feelin' you on that one.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Gentry

when can i read the news about kate and william free from engagement speculations and assumptions... it's getting downright tiring..
Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Nobility

Give them another year and then you can read about their wedding plans, bootleg photos of her wedding gown, and betmaker odds on where the honeymoon will be....and if Pelly will be go with them.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think she's an assistant buyer. It'd be a bit unusual for someone to step straight into the role of a buyer for a chain without some sort of training after their degree.
She is an Assistant Buyer. She works in an office in Kew which is outside of South London. She got the job through her parents, who are friends with the owner. According to the press she works part time (lucky for some eh?) and has Fridays off...
Old 02-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
British bookmakers are taking bets on Britain's Prince William proposing to his girlfriend on Valentine's Day (14.02.07).
William Hill is offering 14/1 odds that the young royal will get down on one knee to ask Kate Middleton to be his wife today.
That's another 5 pence down the drain!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

English rose Kate tops poll of 'natural beauties'
English rose Kate tops poll of 'natural beauties' | the Daily Mail
Old 02-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
Give them another year and then you can read about their wedding plans, bootleg photos of her wedding gown, and betmaker odds on where the honeymoon will be....and if Pelly will be go with them.
hahahaha
Old 02-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Aristocracy

William's girl and the Diana inquest | the Daily Mail
Quote:
William's girl and the Diana inquest

Last updated at 22:00pm on 19th February 2007

Lawyers acting for Mohamed Al Fayed dragged Prince William’s girlfriend into the row over the long-delayed inquest into the death of Princess Diana.
My reaction? Well, all I can say at the moment is
Old 02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well there ARE some similiarities between the way Kate is being hounded by the press and the way Diana was hounded....but pray tell, what does that have to do with the validity of the Baroness' decision not to call a jury to sit for the inquest?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
William's girl and the Diana inquest | the Daily Mail

My reaction? Well, all I can say at the moment is

Pardon my language, but what the for?! What on earth could Kate Middleton possibly be able to add?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

The guy isn't beginning to make sense. He's bringing Kate Middleton into it by saying that there are parallels between her pursuit by paparazzi and the way they were hounding Diana. But if he's saying that the paparazzi are relevant to the crash, then he's acknowledging that it was an accident. This is idiotic.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

it's unfortunate that Mr Al Fayed has the financial means to pursue this.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

Can Miss. Kate sue Mr. Fruit Loop for hounding her and dragging her into his
unhealthy obsession vendetta?

Tags
kate middleton